• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Working on a Digital Xbox Series X in White Color

It would be interesting to see where Xbox sales would be without the Series S.
Easy to call it a mistake, but dont believe MS would see it that way given the sales splits.
For the first few years of this generation the choice was between a $300 Series S at retail and a $700+ PS5 or Series X from ebay/facebook marketplace due to the shortages for a lot of people.
Without the shortages the Series S doesn't sell nearly as well.

JackMcGunns

And what does your big-brain, drive-by comment add to the discussion exactly?

So his post is not a drive-by, but mine is? I was about to participate in a normal fashion, but was turned off, every Xbox thread has to be riddled with people who have no interest in talking about the console, but just want to bash it. It's clear that a redesign means they're still supporting hardware, so that's good news, but instead we have to find something snarky to say.

Look at this shit 👇 What exactly does THAT add to the topic?? Had we seen any of that on the PS5 thread announcing the different colors, folks would get warning or bans.
Xbox Series No ThanX

Getting back on topic, I kind of like the white color, but I'd be more interested in knowing if the chipset has changed, are they still using a split motherboard, does it run cooler, etc., that's the direction this thread was supposed to take.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
This should do it.

400nUXJ.jpg

Kings Field

I would have bought an all digital Series X with 2tb at launch for $450.00 or even $499.99 instead of the disc version.

Now? Not so much.

So his post is not a drive-by, but mine is? I was about to participate in a normal fashion, but was turned off, every Xbox thread has to be riddled with people who have no interest in talking about the console, but just want to bash it. It's clear that a redesign means they're still supporting hardware, so that's good news, but instead we have to find something snarky to say.

Look at this shit 👇 What exactly does THAT add to the topic?? Had we seen any of that on the PS5 thread announcing the different colors, folks would get warning or bans.
It's obvious that the hardware isnt the reason xbox series consoles arent selling.
The poster you responded to was making that point with a snarky post and that snark got you upset for some reason.
The point of your post on the other hand, was simply because you were upset and couldnt be bothered to see the point he was making.
Just because some posters are snarky doesn't mean that they arent making a point.
And why are you bringing up ps5 threads? Neither the poster you responded to or me mentioned the ps5 at all.
Any more questions?

Last edited:

SHA

So it can have it's relevant place with next Gen release, people would avoid it's old tech from its new look so they don't shit on it.

xrnzaaas

That would be typical Phil... making bs assurances about not abandoning the physical form, while the company does their own thing and moves very clearly towards an all-digital future. We'll see, I know I'll be sticking with my Series X for a long time.

Top Bottom