• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Images Of Rumored White Xbox Series X With No Disc Drive

Don Carlo

Comes from eXtasis. From the article:

Back in February, I reported that Microsoft has plans to release a new Xbox console this year, a white-colored Xbox Series X that features a digital-only format, similar to the Xbox Series S. Now, recent developments have led eXputer's sources to reveal, via email, what this console is going to look like when it hits shelves this summer.

The photos of the unit aren't exactly top-quality, but they should be able to illustrate its overall design to a reasonable extent. There's a clear absence of a disc drive on the front, on the back, the peripherals and ports remain pretty much the same.

Looks hella clean, not gonna lie.

Senua

Looks like a 90s PC tower

xSMNg5C.jpg

Zuzu

Looks perfectly fine if the pictures are legitimate. But there doesn’t look to be any USB-C port on either the front or the back. I would have thought they’d upgrade the unit to have at least one of those ports.

clarky

Gold Member
The other leaked cylinder one was miles better, this is just an X painted white without a slot.

Mind you i'd buy neither.

Darsxx82

The existence of an XSX revision was inevitable. It is the only clear and certain thing that could be bet.

Whether or not there is an intention to launch an XSeries Pro or a newGen console 25/26, a revision of XSX to reduce manufacturing costs should always necessarily arrive.

If these images are real, the only thing that can be said is that the Xbox hardware team could not have been less inspired. Change the color and remove the drive disc??
I don't know, maybe it comes with the new controller and 2TB to be more interesting?

It is nothing like the cylindrical model that improved other aspects. Maybe that's what "plans had changed" meant.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
How can there be no overall reduction in size when they are removing the disc drive? I’m getting Xbox One SAD flashbacks.
At least that one was a modification of the smaller 2016 refresh, this is just the same as the launch console.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So....if it has a disc drive its gonna be like the externals I use at work.....?

Alrighty then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom