• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Images Of Rumored White Xbox Series X With No Disc Drive

ReBurn

Gold Member
They probably used this as a true spy
0SBNNPt.jpg
hvEKs01.jpg
I don't know man, even these things are at least 1280x720 these days. If that's what they used then they used one from a decade ago.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Weird....wasn't it cylindrical in the document leaks?

This doesn't even look like a slim version though it's a bit hard to exactly tell. Just straight up a white version launch model with no disc drive... 4 years later?

Not sure I believe it..

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
The white works on the XSS, but looks tacky and cheap on the XSX.

The XSS has the slimmer form factor and the contrast of the "speaker" grille. But on XSX all that negative space, in white and on a plain box just looks meh..

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
The Verge saying it's legit...

The white coating appears to be identical to the Xbox Series S “robot white” that Microsoft uses on its smaller $299 console. Exputer reports that this white Xbox Series X will have some internal components upgraded, including the heatsink used to cool the console. The Verge has seen additional documents detailing changes to this white Xbox Series X that suggest these leaked photos are genuine, but we’ve reached out to Microsoft to comment.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Doesn't look smaller / or slimmer it just looks like they removed the drive bay. Kinda silly just release a white Series X if so.

Maybe they used the drive space to put a spec bump in lol

reinking

Gold Member
If this is their Christmas refresh, I am disappointed but at least I don't have to worry about buying two different mid-gen refresh consoles.

angrod14

I don't understand the "appliances" comparisons. Most of appliances today are either silver or gray (stainless steel) rather than white.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
They really going all in on all digital.....huh.

If this thing does come out, its to replace the current one.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
From the Verge article

If Microsoft is planning to launch this particular disc-less Xbox Series X soon, that would suggest the company has canceled or pushed back the refreshed version of the Xbox Series X console that leaked in FTC v. Microsoft documents last year.

What Can I Say Lol GIF by Max

Top Bottom