• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division: Survival DLC revealed (new roguelike mode), Patch 1.5 announced

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is on the PC PTR (public test realm) currently. It will be out everywhere when they're sure it's ready.

Survival: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5blkfx/survival_pts_today/

Reddit said:
Gamemode Survival:
  • 2 game modes PvP Survival OR PvE Survival - Groups can meet on the map and help each other but not kill each other in PvE mode.
  • PvP mode gives you 20% more points for your final Survival score that gets tranfered into sealed caches
  • 24 players on the LZ map
  • WHEN YOU DIE ==> GAME OVER! (you can be revived from the downed state)
  • hunger, cold mechanics
  • There are Landmarks on the big map - but the mini map is deactivated
  • you are sick and need to extract yourself
  • you start with a pistol only and with no / bad gear
  • clothings have a 'cold' rating that protect from the blizzard
  • crafting plays an important role
  • there are 'hideouts' - like apartments (those are not safe house)
  • there are crafting benches in the hideouts
  • you need to build a new mask / virus filter when you want to enter the DZ / contaminated zones
  • on the borders of the map the enemies are weaker and get stronger when you move closer to the center of the map.
  • No need to be L30 to play Survival - Just need access to the BoO
  • No link to World Tier - every player plays as the same difficulty level (you start with a simple green pistol) and work your way up.
  • Nirolak's Note: As a clarification, this is a mode, not a game state. You go to the Base of Operations, start a Survival match (either PvE or PvP), and then play until you die. At the end, you get sealed caches which have rewards. On stream, the devs survived 13 minutes and got one sealed cache that contained a max gear score Set Item and a max gear score High End (yellow) item.
  • The Twitch stream was still live as of this post: https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Patch 1.5: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...atch-Notes?p=12036167&viewfull=1#post12036167

tl;dr Patch 1.5:
  • They added World Tier 5.
  • They rebalanced a bunch of skills, gear, and weapons.
  • A variety of side systems like the scavenger box, story missions, and HVTs give better rewards at high world tiers now.
  • There are now named Gear Pieces in the game that have unique talents. Currently those are:
    [Mask] Ferro’s oxygen mask: Players can move and shoot while under burn status effect.
    [Knee Pads] Shortbow championship pads: Grenades have shortened fuse timer.
    [Holster] Colonel Bliss’ holster: Powerful improvements for sidearms.
    [Gloves] Skulls MC gloves: Increased damage when no gear set bonuses are active.
    [Chestpiece] Barrett’s bulletproof: Powerful bonuses when skills are on cooldown.
    [Backpack] NinjaBike messenger bag: Less DZ loot and DZ XP lost when dying in the Dark Zone.
  • There are more named weapons.
  • Enemy Armor Damage is now a primary stat and works in PvP.
  • A bunch of bug fixes.
  • The biggest thing in this patch is of course the Survival DLC.

tebunker

Banned
I just started playing this since I got the vanilla game for $14. If the seasons pass goes on sale this may be the tipping point.

Ducktail

I went back to it again to check the world tier and the new features and it's a much better game. If only it had been launched like that.

Enemies are no longer (save some difficult ones)bullet sponges and the loot drop is finally nice. It's easy to pick up decent equip.

I might give this DLC a shot.

ViciousDS

Banned
they fucking did it.......they added a PvE mode/server option for the game mode......DZ should have been this way since the beginning. Just give folks a bonus for doing PvP. So happy.....I think I might jump back in to this when I get my Pro.

Hesemonni

Banned
Being a sucker for roguelikes this sounds absolutely brilliant as I loved the setting of the Division. Too bad I sold the game already and won't rebuy anytime soon since there's a ton of stuff to play.Is there any way to see the playercount?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
they fucking did it.......they added a PvE mode/server option for the game mode......DZ should have been this way since the beginning. Just give folks a bonus for doing PvP. So happy.....I think I might jump back in to this when I get my Pro.

Wait, Dark Zone becomes PvE/co-op? I might actually buy the game now.

T.O.P

Banned
I just realized i have 300h on this

Jesus i played so damn much the first couple of months :lol

Can't wait to get back

ViciousDS

Banned
Wait, Dark Zone becomes PvE/co-op? I might actually buy the game now.

no....but originally survival I think when they showed the initial road map was going to make the entire map a DZ area and have you try to survive the harsh elements. Well with these notes they are listening and giving players an option

Shock32

That sounds pretty badass. I'm glad I got back into this after the last patch.

-New world tier (5) and 12 new weapons. nice.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is separate from the Dark Zone, though as elements of the design ethos.

It plausibly might take place in the Dark Zone though map wise. I'm not sure.

Oh. Hype deflated. I guess I'll still wait for a deep discount sale then.

Wow this sounds really cool!

Hmm, have they made any improvements to the anti-cheat system in the PC version yet? The system used in Rainbow Six Siege is quite good, it's one of the main reasons I've held off from getting the game on PC. I might just get the console version if not.

unrealist

Do we start with a new character in Survival mode? What about rewards .. can our "old" main char still use it? I have been away from this game for so damn long..

Tratorn

It's getting released this year for XB1/PC. Not sure yet about PS4 (since MS has 30 days exclusive DLC thing, so it could be January.

But since they already have the DLC up and running on PTS, I'm pretty positive that this will still release in November for XB1/PC and then in December for PS4.

Do we start with a new character in Survival mode? What about rewards .. can our "old" main char still use it? I have been away from this game for so damn long..

Yes, the rewards will be given to your "main" char.

Does the new mode feature match making like the dungeons?

Yes. It's just like the UG missions where you can choose matchmaking or solo play at the starting terminal.

Survival sounds fun, terrible that it took them so long to push this out and PS4 players still have to wait to play after it is released.

Lren

Downloading the PTS to give it a shot. Just redownloaded the game recently anyways, so anything to help pique my interest just a bit more.

jaaz

Any zombies yet?

Just kidding, but I definitely expect them to cave at some point and add them.

TheRed

Sounds interesting but really not what I was hoping for. Seems completely separate from the main game like the Underground and I wanted something much bigger and more expansive to make the overworld itself better. I guess that won't happen and it shows that they built the way missions and encounters work in the world bad since they have to completely separate their new cool stuff and have you go through the BoO.
I wanted cool stuff in the world like AI roaming with a purpose, driving trucks around. Actually taking loot from places, actual unique events happening. Basically everything that happened in the game's echos is what I wish would actually go on in the game itself, anything interesting to see. Guess that hope will never come in this game. Maybe in the sequel.

Survival looks amazing to me. They've learned a lot of lessons, it seems - from making it scale well to a solo player to giving the option to do pve OR pvp to making everything useful again (for warmth, hunger, thirst, crafting equipment in the Survival mode, etc.). One of the key parts of this is that anyone who is not super leveled up can jump in and join their friends and be on the same level, which is great.

The 1.4 update was a HUGE upgrade that has me hooked again. I just hope that 1.5 brings new activities that are integrated into the core game so that chasing the higher GS items feels fresh and not just the same thing we've been doing for 5 months just at level 34 enemies again.

But either way, this looks like a great update that sounds far, far more developed than I was expecting (my guess would've been a full map Dark Zone with no additional mechanics).

PS: Could really use a Snake Plissken outfit. That life expectancy timer is begging for it.

Cels

eh the only reason i've been playing lately is to try and get a nice hungry hog for a LMG AB build

but now that we know gearscore is going up again with 1.5, and the hungry hog is getting nerfed, i don't really see the point since my build is pretty much minmaxed, and i have every set

i guess i could gather more mats/cash/dz funds and level up more

since enemies are level 34, are there going to be level 34 mods and attachments? or just a gearscore increase to 256. back in 1.3 there were level 35 enemies but we were still on 33 items, so i'm guessing no, but they could change their minds.

Top Bottom