• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 - Review Thread

Ridesh

Banned
ahfc.jpg

Cheat Code Central - 10
Attack of the Fanboy - 10
Gameblog.fr - 9
GamesRadar+ - 9
Multiplayer.it - 8.5
ACG - Wait for (patches) Sale

Game Revolution - 9
Xbox Achievements - 9
GameSpot - 8

VideoGamer - 10
IBTimes- 10
Meristation - 9.4
NZGamer - 9.4
Game Informer - 9.3
IGN - 9.3
AusGamers- 9.3
Everyeye.it - 9.2
Metro GameCentral - 9
PlayStation LifeStyle - 9
JeuxActu - 9
Lazygamer - 8.8
Multiplayer.it - 8.5
CGMagazine - 8
Destructoid - 7.5

Metacritic [PS4]: 91
OpenCritic: 90

I believe in Harvey Smith.

though I'm waiting for a sale anyway, Bethesda games seem to drop fast and I only played Dishonored like 2 months ago sorrrrryyyyyyy

LowRoller

I'm five hours into it and the games fantastic
. A huge step up from the first one. I love how they let you do non lethal melee combat this time around .

Freeman76

Excellent game, improves on the first one in every way as far as I'm concerned. Nice to see it getting good reviews.

FelipeMGM

Well there seems to be a great deal of overlook in performance on those reviews

I love Dishonored, still very excited for this sequel, but I'll wait until December for a patch
and a sale, since Bethesda games drop price really fast

Ignoring all the performance issues, and devs over at Arkane who are in denial, the gameplay itself has been pretty poor so far compared to the first game.

Tons of NPCs seeing you through walls, glitching into objects and walking in place forever rather than continuing their patrol route, warp power as Emily is difficult as hell to aim, map design is rather poor, audio is horrible all around, overall presentation of the story (especially near the intro sequence) is poor... Maybe it's a fun game if you're not playing it with stealth in mind, but as a pure stealth game, you'd better get familiar with F5 (quicksave) and F9 (re-load last save).

I'm really disappointed.

Elios83

Playing this since yesterday on the Pro, so far it's a great game and a really worthy sequel.
Graphics are incredibly polished and detailed and the artstyle is amazing.

Budi

Game itself is fucking excellent, I can forgive some rocky launch issues when they exhibit that kind of communication and transparency

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, I think it's great that they are communicating and owning up on the problems, also working hard on fixes. Though these problems made my decision easier to wait up a bit before buying the game. But I'm still stoked to play it maybe next month when my financial situation is bit better.

Yes they are so completely in denial:

Game itself is fucking excellent, I can forgive some rocky launch issues when they exhibit that kind of communication and transparency
Same dev who said someone with a 1080 should only be getting 60fps on low settings, and that the engine is a 90% rewrite of id Tech 5.

Also, many in the OT would argue that the gameplay is shit. So.

And why are we taking reviews a day after critics received their copies seriously?

Lingitiz

Sad to hear the PC port is a mess. Unfortunately the norm this year. I'll probably go and grab the PS4 version since I just got a Pro. Can anyone speak to how that version is?

Same dev who said someone with a 1080 should only be getting 60fps on low settings, and that the engine is a 90% rewrite of id Tech 5.

Define many. Because I only see some people on the OT having issues with the gameplay

Sad to hear the PC port is a mess. Unfortunately the norm this year. I'll probably go and grab the PS4 version since I just got a Pro. Can anyone speak to how that version is?

A few people in the OT were very positive over the pro version. Its still 30fps though but looks great

No idea what he was banned for but it's not a perm, right? Also think he said something about not having a gaming rig anymore.
It's perm, unfortunately.

Anyways, I'm glad to see positive reviews. Despite the issues with the PC version, I really like it more than the first game.

I'll just wait it out till they fix them issues, though.

ironmang

Picking up my copy tomorrow from that B1G1 40% BB deal. Might just sell it to my brother so he can give it to me for Christmas lol. Hopefully any major problems are patched by then.

Anno

The first mission and a half I played so far have been great. Voice acting has added a lot, imo. My only real complaint is the floaty mouse so I guess I'll give 'em a few days to get that patch rolled out since it seems like it's being worked on.

hughesta

Banned
Picking this up tonight on for the PS4. Adored the first game, if it's just more of the same it'll be worth it for me.

I'm about 2.5 hours in on PS4 Pro. Not enough game time to make a solid impression yet, as I haven't had access to many weapons or abilities yet. I am trying to play stealthy, nonlethal, so I move through the game at a snails pace.

I just hit the docks of Karnaca, so literally just got my very first Outsider powers.

Image quality is smooth, even though the art style can leave the game feeling a little dated from time to time. It's similar in impression to the first game when it came out, though running on the Pro, the very smooth image quality is a little bit of a step up. Performance is hard for me to gauge -- there's a very noticeable input lag that makes precision quite difficult, even with the relatively generous auto aim assist. It feels akin to unpatched Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4/XB1. I don't know if this issue is a result of frame pacing issues or just design, but it is weighing down my general enjoyment of the game a little bit. I played the original Dishonored on PC, but opted out of getting this one on PC when I saw that high end rigs were reporting some performance discrepancies and my system is right at the recommended spec, so I am finding the very zoomed in FOV on console to be a little less than ideal, but not horrible. I thought that going from mouse+keyboard would be a huge downgrade when it came to using mobility powers, but it feels like if the input lag weren't an issue, it'd be just fine.

That said, I'm super grateful the load times are especially reasonable given that I'm playing the console version. I've actually died a decent amount of times playing on hard in the early sections of the game at times when I've blundered my stealth, and loading back in has been refreshingly quick for the most part, and that's on the default 1TB drive that came installed on my PS4 Pro.

Good to see the game picking up good reviews and positive impressions, despite the issues on PC I am enjoying the game, exploring and messing around with the new powers/A.I.

What's going on with the LOD on Xbox One? I've just arrived to Karnaca and couldn't believe how awful it looks. People look like smudges at a distance. =/

Edit: whoops, I meant to post this in the OT. Oh well, close enough.

Elios83

I'm about 2.5 hours in on PS4 Pro. Not enough game time to make a solid impression yet, as I haven't had access to many weapons or abilities yet. I am trying to play stealthy, nonlethal, so I move through the game at a snails pace.

I just hit the docks of Karnaca, so literally just got my very first Outsider powers.

Image quality is smooth, even though the art style can leave the game feeling a little dated from time to time. It's similar in impression to the first game when it came out, though running on the Pro, the very smooth image quality is a little bit of a step up. Performance is hard for me to gauge -- there's a very noticeable input lag that makes precision quite difficult, even with the relatively generous auto aim assist. It feels akin to unpatched Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4/XB1. I don't know if this issue is a result of frame pacing issues or just design, but it is weighing down my general enjoyment of the game a little bit. I played the original Dishonored on PC, but opted out of getting this one on PC when I saw that high end rigs were reporting some performance discrepancies and my system is right at the recommended spec, so I am finding the very zoomed in FOV on console to be a little less than ideal, but not horrible. I thought that going from mouse+keyboard would be a huge downgrade when it came to using mobility powers, but it feels like if the input lag weren't an issue, it'd be just fine.

That said, I'm super grateful the load times are especially reasonable given that I'm playing the console version. I've actually died a decent amount of times playing on hard in the early sections of the game at times when I've blundered my stealth, and loading back in has been refreshingly quick for the most part, and that's on the default 1TB drive that came installed on my PS4 Pro.

Just try to increase the x-axis sensibility of the camera to 55, I don't think it's a matter of input lag because the left stick movements are really responsive. The camera is slow with default settings imo.

Freeman76

And why are we taking reviews a day after critics received their copies seriously?

You just seem angry and most of your complaints are from burnout more than anything else. Move on lifes too short.

You just seem angry and most of your complaints are from burnout more than anything else. Move on lifes too short.
What?

What's going on with the LOD on Xbox One? I've just arrived to Karnaca and couldn't believe how awful it looks. People look like smudges at a distance. =/

Edit: whoops, I meant to post this in the OT. Oh well, close enough.
Same problem on PC. Everything at a distance is blurry as all hell.

Are the pc issues enough to be concerned by?
Yes.

Top Bottom