• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft in Kingdom Hearts?

From official KH website:

FIu5RIr.png

Believe!

I feel like they copy and pasted the RotTR web page and forgot to take off the Tomb Raider icon.

No way shes in this game lol

I could easily see it happening. SE has been way more smart about using their IP across anything nd everything than in the past. Pretty much every modern FF game has nods and references or cameos from old FF games.

Back in the day it was such a rare occurrence people went nuts when you had the FF characters in Ehrgeiz and Cloud in Tactics.

It's pretty crazy to consider the amount of cameos that could happen, given the mergers and acquisitions over the past several years.

Like, Disney and Square together has a library of hundreds of potential guest characters. Carte blanche, they can really just do whatever the fuck they want.

Corpekata

Banned
IIRC they did this with another game. Not the icon but they copy and pasted a website template that made people think something off about the game itself.

I can't imagine she's in 2.8.
Would be a weird match, though it wouldn't be the first SE character not from FF. The TWEWY guys were Nomura designed, though, and I think Chrono would be a better idea

Platy

While this obviously mean nothing ... what is the problem ?

Kingdom Hearts features more than one SquareEnix franchise ...what Tomb Raider has that is so different ?

saad1

Banned
Well, he talked about other collaborations in work besides WOFF.
so we might be surprised (i hope lol).

Hektor

Stretching It: The Thread.

Total stretch to assume that a franchise literally only existing for ultimately pointless crossovers would feature a crossover with another of the same publishers IP's when it's already carrying a Logo of that other IP on it's main webpage.

I'm surprised people are embracing it. That would be completely baffling. Kingdom Hearts is already a hodge podge but it isn't Smash Bros. where just anything goes. Obviously it's not happening though.

Azuran

Banned
Total stretch to assume that a franchise literally only existing for ultimately pointless crossovers would feature a crossover with another of the same publishers IP's when it's already carrying a Logo of that other IP on it's main webpage.

Yeah, Disney crossovers.

It's been more than 7 games and only FF and TWEWY have been the only characters from other SE in this game. I would find the entire Marvel library of characters being in KH more believable than Lara Croft of all people.

It already had PotC in the second game.

Not even in the same ballpark considering PotC is a bonafide Disney franchise. It's not SE's fault people forgot Disney has more than just animated films and shorts.

Top Bottom