• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft in Kingdom Hearts?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If we get Lara before Crono Im gonna be soooo maaaaad

(as mad as one can get about silly things that dont matter, but still)

Which is a Disney world.

Anything outside of the Disney - Final Fantasy/SE Japanese fantasy character roster just seems clearly dumb to me. Might as well throw in Pac-man and try and get Crash in there.

So what you are saying is that Lara Croft is a no-go but Flubber world on the other hand?

Aww yiss!

Aqua: "So this is it... this is how I fade away into Darkness.... Terra..Ven... please forgive me."

[Unknown Female Voice]: Aqua! Don't give up! There is a light inside of you, Aqua. Believe in yourself! Fight your way through the Darkness and into the Light!"

Aqua: What? Someone's here? Who are you!

[Unknown Female Voice]: My name is Lara Croft, I'm here to help you Aqua!"

-Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage-

Platy

Anything outside of the Disney - Final Fantasy/SE Japanese fantasy character roster just seems clearly dumb to me. Might as well throw in Pac-man and try and get Crash in there.

Fantasy character ?

eBfBxI1.png
rXM4Npk.png
87pfZmA.png
b9Q2Av4.png
7fAKI41.png

Because those dudes lives in shibuya ... real place with mystical stuff over it is pretty much Lara's idea. And Tomb Raider is a much more famous Square Enix property than World Ends With You... and they choose that before Dragon Quest, that fits your totaly abritrary reason much better !

What does Pacman and Crash has to do with anything ?
Sometimes it looks like people are living in the time where Eidos, Enix and Square are totaly different companies o_O

Your original post did not imply you were talking about mere IP ownership

But it's Disney. I can go to Disneyland and ride a ride of Pirates. I don't see how that doesn't fit into the KH theme in the same way Lara Croft doesn't.

Fantasy character ?

Because those dudes lives in shibuya ... real place with mystical stuff over it is pretty much Lara's idea. And Tomb Raider is a much more famous Square Enix property than World Ends With You... and they choose that before Dragon Quest, that fits your totaly abritrary reason much better !

Sometimes it looks like people are living in the time where Eidos, Enix and Square are totaly different companies o_O

I didn't know about the TWEWY characters in DDD. I imagine they were added because they fit the style because Nomura made them.

Azuran

Banned
Fantasy character ?

lmao what?

Lara Croft is not more "Square Enix" than TWETY.

Plus Nomura didn't make Lara Croft

Tom Nook

Where is she in the picture?

edit: nvm, lower right corner.

Lara in KH would be cool, she's a SquareEnix character now.

hohoXD123

Fantasy character ?

TWEWY is a JRPG and fits a lot better into the KH world. Lara would be much more out of place.

Now that I think about it, the SE guest characters have always kind of bothered me, but I tolerated them. The Disney worlds + original Kingdom Hearts characters and worlds were plenty. We didn't need Cloud and Sephiroth and TWEWY and so on. So adding Lara Croft just reminds me of the part of the games I don't really like, with a character I don't like to begin with.

I feel like they copy and pasted the RotTR web page and forgot to take off the Tomb Raider icon.

No way shes in this game lol
We just had a Red Dwarf stage announced for LEGO Dimensions. As far as videogames are concerned I think anything is possible now.

Though this looks like a footer all over S-E

Hektor

But it's Disney. I can go to Disneyland and ride a ride of Pirates. I don't see how that doesn't fit into the KH theme in the same way Lara Croft doesn't.

Because i have yet to read a good explanation as to hwy it doesn't fit.

The only thing you're saying is "it's not Disney".

PotC too is not Disney as in what's typically considered to be 'Disney magic'.

And if you're talking about "Disney IP" it wouldn't be much different as there already are FF and TWEWY in the game.

How would Lara Croft not fit into KH when the two main criteria you use to dismiss the idea being 'Disney magic' and 'not a Disney IP'' already apply to other franchises used in KH.

Zaverious

I wouldn't mind guest characters that weren't created by Square Enix Japan. They'll be stylized in the game like any other character anyway. It is a crossover after all.

Because i have yet to read a good explanation as to hwy it doesn't fit.

The only thing you're saying is "it's not Disney".

PotC too is not Disney as in what's typically considered to be 'Disney magic'.

And if you're talking about "Disney IP" it wouldn't be much different as there already are FF and TWEWY in the game.

How would Lara Croft not fit into KH when the two main criteria you use to dismiss the idea being 'Disney magic' and 'not a Disney IP'' already apply to other franchises used in KH.

Read my post above. At least with the guest characters that are currently in the franchise I tolerate them because they're usually just Nomura's designs and he wanted them in there so whatever. They stand around and do nothing, but they were always still dumb and just padding on what was a better idea of having the original Kingdom Hearts world/cast mingling with the Disney stuff. Lara being in the game is just adding more talking heads to a game that has plenty, not mentioning the fact that she's not artistically similar and not Disney, unlike the Pirates characters and pretty much all the characters in the game that at least met one of those two criteria.

Jawmuncher

It would be amazing.

Anyone crying about "doesn't fit" reminds me of the show me smash posters. Think of the greater good.

Zaverious

It's not like they'll just drop other SE characters in with their original styles like Pirates of the Carribean or TRON. They'll get redesigned to fit the original KH characters or in Zack's case design them as if their from the Disney world they debut in.

Besides think of the goddamn boss fights we could have. Spider-man, Darth Vader, Eve, Bahamut, Adam Jensen boss whatever. Stir the whole pot with everything SE and Disney please.

Can't wait for her to brutally murder Sephiroth with a climbing axe and then find some way to fall backwards onto Masamune, grunting cartoonily the entire time

Het_Nkik

She'd fit in if there was an area of the game based on Disney's Matterhorn Bobsleds ride.\

EDIT: Or that other yeti ride at Animal Kingdom I can't remember the name of.

Top Bottom