• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Ware Smooth Moves... :/

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So yeah this was the game I was looking forward to the most for the launch and I'm a bit disappointed. The single player main game is fun and all, but the game seems over way before it should be. The bonus stuff is mostly just kind of average and this is probably the least amount of extras in any Wario Ware team game. The 2 player stuff is just okay. There isn't much variety in play styles. I don't wanna spoil much, but the boss battles are all too short and none of them are any where near as good as the remixes from Tengoku or the bosses from the original or Twisted. For those worrying about the flow of the game being ruined by the stance switches, don't. The single player is still has fun and hectic as all the others in that respect. The game isn't bad, well maybe it is for a Wario Ware game, It just seems the game is missing the ambition of games like RT and Twisted.

This is kind of becoming a pattern for the Wario Ware team I think. Every OTHER game they make is really awesome.

Wario Ware - Awesome
Wario Ware GC - meh
Wario Ware Twisted - Awesome
Wario Ware Touched - meh
Rhythm Tengoku - Awesome
Wario Ware Smooth Moves - meh

I predict this game will get 7's in online and print reviews and that's about what I'd give it. It's a meh Wario Ware game, and an average video game.

Unison

You were jizzing all over this earlier today... I guess the game must be REALLY short-lived if you're over it already!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
!

Is it only 2-player? I need more 4-player console Wario Ware action!

The GC one was great in multiplayer - turtle-balancing and othello were brilliant.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Wario Ware GC - meh

138820265_7e119df21c.jpg

Polari

I love every Wario Ware game so far, and even though Touched was inferior to Twisted, I still had a lot of fun with it and I think I'm probably going to feel the same way about Smooth Moves.

sprsk

Nash said:
!

Is it only 2-player? I need more 4-player console Wario Ware action!

The GC one was great in multiplayer - turtle-balancing and othello were brilliant.

No, there are games with more than two players. The "two player" games are mostly ones where someone holds the wiimote and the other holds the nunchaku and they work in tandem.

The game doesn't have all the toys and crazy stuff of all the other Wario games. It's soooooooooo lacking in content.

Bebpo

Banned
Nooooooooooooooo ;_;

I was hoping with the motion involvement it'd be closer to Twisted than the others :(

sprsk

Bebpo said:
Nooooooooooooooo ;_;

I was hoping with the motion involvement it'd be closer to Twisted than the others :(

The only thing that is lacking from this game is ambition. The game is fun but it leaves with the feeling of "that's it?!"

Unless I'm missing something.

Vard

I had fun with the GC one due to its multiplayer aspect. There was this one mode where you take turns doing minigames in rapid succession, so it was fun to play it with friends... just throwing the controller around, hoping to be the last one standing.

Is there a mode like that in the Wii one?

Bebpo

Banned
sp0rsk said:
The only thing that is lacking from this game is ambition. The game is fun but it leaves with the feeling of "that's it?!"

Unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, that sounds like Touch! :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
sp0rsk said:
This is kind of becoming a pattern for the Wario Ware team I think. Every OTHER game they make is really awesome.

Wario Ware - Awesome
Wario Ware GC - meh
Wario Ware Twisted - Awesome
Wario Ware Touched - meh
Rhythm Tengoku - Awesome
Wario Ware Smooth Moves - meh

Interesting note. And though I haven't played Smooth Moves yet, I agree with the other assessments.

sprsk

Vard said:
I had fun with the GC one due to its multiplayer aspect. There was this one mode where you take turns doing minigames in rapid succession, so it was fun to play it with friends... just throwing the controller around, hoping to be the last one standing.

Is there a mode like that in the Wii one?

Yeah actually 2 games from the GC version make an appearance. The Balloon Bust and the Survival mode.

The Hermit

Damn, I clicked this page just after I saw for the 20th time that youtube video with Ocarina, Prime and star Fox.

Not terrible, but disapointing. I expected this to be a killer app... :(

Dragmire

Goddamn! I didn't think this game would be rushed after the lukewarm reception of Touched (though it was enjoyable other than its ease and short length). Maybe... just maybe they're adding difficulty and content for the US game since they've still got some time. Lack of difficulty is always the problem with Wario Ware games, but usually the games are fun enough that replaying or playing hard modes is fun for a while.

jwj442

Amir0x said:
Guess I look at Elebits for my quirky awesome. At least it has online too
One person's negative impressions isn't enough to break Warioware for me. Elebits, on the other hand, has yet to convince me it's much more than an ugly and gimped Garry's Mod.

Amir0x

Banned
jwj442 said:
One person's negative impressions isn't enough to break Warioware for me. Elebits, on the other hand, has yet to convince me it's much more than an ugly and gimped Garry's Mod.

Well, sp0rsk seems to share my exact sentiments on every Wario Ware team game so!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Wario Touched was shit in comparison to the others because it was rushed to fill a hole.

Was really hoping they wouldn't do it again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Musashi Wins! said:
Wario Touched was shit in comparison to the others because it was rushed to fill a hole.

Was really hoping they wouldn't do it again.

Guess one should not trust Wario Ware games that appear near system launches.

Bebpo

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
Only on GAF can one person's impressions totally make or break something for people :lol

Yeah, but Sp0rsk is one of the handful of posters with really good taste in games.

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo said:
Yeah, but Sp0rsk is one of the handful of posters with really good taste in games.

it's case by case basis. If i agree with someone on RPGs i may listen to their RPG viewpoints, in this case it's clear i agree with sp0rsk on Wario Ware games so here we are!

DCharlie said:
that would actually make a great wario ware mini game. you'd be holding a cross as the wiimote and have to move it around protecting your character on screen from vampires getting close to your neck.

M3wThr33

Banned
nincompoop said:
Aren't they the exact same game, with extra multiplayer content on the Cube version?

Exactly. The GC version added nothing aside from some crappy minigames that hardly any people played, except for the initial one you didn't have to unlock.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
M3wThr33 said:
Exactly. The GC version added nothing aside from some crappy minigames that hardly any people played, except for the initial one you didn't have to unlock.

Well that's their loss then.

Wario Ware GC was up there with Smash Bros. and Monkey Ball as the holy trinity of multiplayer GC games.

Rushmore

Personally, I found Smooth Moves to be the funniest Wario Ware game yet with woefully poor multi-player implementation. Still worth a purchase imo.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
I foresaw this. Great party game that is designed to make you laugh a lot with your friends as you do stupid movies and try and catch all the cool Nintendo references. Horribly short and shallow when you're alone. I still can't wait to pick it up.

Top Bottom