• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo aiming for Zelda BotW release on June 16 (EUR), Switch release first

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

Worth mentioning the other info too : the Xenoblade X port is handled externally, while Monolith Soft is working on his own project.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope this is true. It's the ideal way to keep the Switch sales momentum post-launch up until holidays. And even if it misses the launch, there is not that much longer to wait in the end.

That's earlier than I thought when the last rumor said the game was going to be released after the switch launch. Figured it would be closer to the holidays.

Oh wow birthday release for me (uk) think i know what I'll getting as a present although I'm going to a festival so wont be able to play it all weekend

Edit - I've not had enough coffee this morning, its the wii u release not the uk release on my birthday lol

The Hermit

I am not holding my breath for a WiiU version anymore

The Switch version launches a day before my birthday... I swore I would never buy a system at launch since the 3DS. Goddammit Nintendo

@MUWANdo

Banned
I hope this is true. It's the ideal way to keep the Switch sales momentum post-launch up until holidays. And even if it misses the launch, there is not that much longer to wait in the end.

They did exactly the same thing with 3DS--release in March, hold OOT3D (and Starfox 64 3D) back until June to "give third-party publishers some breathing room"--and it backfired hard.

Then again, I'm sure they have better first-party launch titles lined up for Switch than Pilotwings and Nintendogs, which would obviously help just a little.

maxcriden

Totally agreed. This is probably the smartest and most ideal way to delay. Plenty of time to play through Mario first, at the least.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They need to stop announcing Zelda release dates.

Have they even made a single one? Thinking back 20 years, this is the norm.

I know it makes sense financially, but Nintendo's willingness to toss WiiU owners under a bus for the sake Switch sales is really not treating their customers well.

I mean sure, they're mostly hardcore Nintendo fans and will somehow see the WiiU version's delay as a positive, but still, shifty behaviour by Nintendo.

In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if the WiiU version were actually already finished, and the delays are purely driven by the Switch port.

Persona7

Banned
"Thank you for supporting us Wii U owners but now go and buy Switch if you want to play it early"

dD6leS8.jpg

makes sense though.

That's good for me. Persona takes April and that leaves me May to catch up on anybgames I skipped during the busy period.

Another slap to wii u I guess. Guess I will buy switch in June.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They did exactly the same thing with 3DS--release in March, hold OOT3D (and Starfox 64 3D) back until June to "give third-party publishers some breathing room"--and it backfired hard.

Then again, I'm sure they have better first-party launch titles lined up for Switch than Pilotwings and Nintendogs, which would obviously help just a little.

The difference being that now they will have at least Mario 3d at launch plus a bunch of enhanced ports. At least.

Occam

Hahahaha, the game won't even be ready in time for Switch's launch?
Oh Nintendo, what are you doing.

(Presumably everyone else already knew this, but I wasn't keeping up to date regarding Zelda BotW.)

Alienous

It wouldn't be enough enough that they supported the Wii U? Nintendo really want to push loyal supporters to the Switch that badly - they bought the Wii U, they're diehard, they're buying a Switch regardless.

I hope the rumour isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom