• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female trainer pose has been changed in Pokemon GO loading screen

miku

4p5ThNG.jpg

vWaeiAB.jpg

Old left, new right

Old trainer loves Snorlax
New trainer loves Squirtle

source

Um wow censorship this is an absolute disgrace how could they change this? Preorder cancelled.

I did think the original was a bit... Much for the Pokémon "image" when I first saw it.

Nibel

*sigh* they can't keep getting away with this. They are ruining Niantic's artistic vision for Pokemon Go and it greatly upsets me that they cave in
LLShC.gif

A lot of people forget that Niantic aren't Gamefreak. That's why every art aspect in GO that isn't an actual Pokemon is fucking atrocious.

Intel_89

I had to look for the girl, she kind of blends with the background. I guess they did good by changing the girl silhouette but it's not that big of a deal.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't...I don't get it. What was wrong with the first one? Can someone please explain?

nothing is "wrong" with it but it's a cartoon jessica rabbit silhouette and half the players are girls, mostly young girls, so there's also nothing wrong with making the pose more like a human actually stands

That's the last straw. Niantic's censorship has gone too far! I'm boycotting Pokemon GO until the original artistic vision of Pokemon GO has been restored.

/s

People will complain about anything these days, the special snowflakes.

Said the people who will probably freak out about this online, organizing boycotts and making everybody's life who's involved with the game a nightmare

collige

Banned
Even ignoring the girl, everything about that old loading screen looks like ass. Look at Pikachu's hat and the flare effect that looks like a 360 game from 2006.

Plus, wtf was wrong with her feet before? Why is the blue light behind her bleeding through her ankle?

True Fire

I don't...I don't get it. What was wrong with the first one? Can someone please explain?

It kind of looks like a strip club logo. Not trolling or being insensitive here; most strip clubs have silhouettes of women with exaggerated hips as their logo... It's a thing. The party setting doesn't help.

bman94

It took me a couple minutes to even find the female trainer in the image.

I've never even realized there's a silhouette on the screen, but this is hilarious either way.

First one was silly but personally wouldn't have noticed or cared.

It took me a while to even see a lady.

Same. For a good minute I was searching the screen for something that wasn't a pokemon.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
No idea what they were thinking with the old one, she either had comically huge hips or was standing in the most awkward way possible to emphasize her hips, either way, this is an improvement, reminds me of this ME:A concept art with a similar nonsensical pose.
MEA_small.png

Top Bottom