• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Players aren't happy with Niantic's latest Pokemon GO update

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
GLdYfvqW0AAB3Ub
Finally a fucking reason to download.
I want to be a gender fluid snorlax human hybrid with a team of snorlaxes

Codes 208

So they literally made them all more chubby and remove curves for no reason lol

It's not like main games are that different. SV did made your main character genderless, while introduced some gorilla female models.

Rare Candy is for pokemons, stop eating them.
I blame a lot of that on the shitty new art style in general.

I really want them to go back to gen 3 and 4’s

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I blame a lot of that on the shitty new art style in general.

Their art style is almost non existant non existant. This makes the game more ugly when you take into account that the enviroment is dry and lifeless(textures, tree, open world design, etc). The region itself makes no sense since they usually based on a specific country and culture, but it's a mess of ideas.
Even some of art they made for the new pokemons looks like were made using AI.

ReyBrujo

Wow, that thing is still running? I started Go because I wanted to reserve my name from Ingress but found it kind of lacking. I think I never reached level 30 or 40, the first cap. I don't think we could even customize avatars back then unless I'm mistaken. Maybe they are making avatars fat so that they get thinner the more you walk...

Why though?... I wish they at least gave a reason.

Just add more options to make your character look out of shape, or very gender neutral.

There's no need whatsoever to take stuff out, or straight up just take the control away from the player.

Also, the models look hideous. It's not even that the characters look ugly, the actual models look slightly lower resolution for some reason.

Sleepwalker

Why though?... I wish they at least gave a reason.

Just add more options to make your character look out of shape, or very gender neutral.

There's no need whatsoever to take stuff out, or straight up just take the control away from the player.

Also, the models look hideous. It's not even that the characters look ugly, the actual models look slightly lower resolution for some reason.

If we apply occam's razor then it's probably laziness and greed. They replaced the gendered models with just 1 model you can dress around so now they don't have to make 2 of each custome lol. (and being woke gives it points of course).

Last edited:

violence

If we apply occam's razor then it's probably laziness and greed. They replaced the gendered models with just 1 model you can dress around so now they don't have to make 2 of each custome lol. (and being woke gives it points of course).
That’s really lazy though Jeez.

Last edited:

Pejo

I like to give the benefit of the doubt whenever possible, but it's VERY hard for me to not see this as blatant Trans agenda.

At the very least there should still be an option to use the old character models even if you like the new ones. This is an insult to women, in my opinion.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I had two friends and an ex girlfriend get in car accidents because of this trash (only one was a friends fault)…let this garbage die.

Tams

The player character faces were made to look horrible and souless a while go.

This though... well it's Niantic. Shitty company.

Draugoth

Gold Member
It's a masculine body. Even the fat body is that of a man's and not a woman's. Very curveless almost muscular.

It's obvious a Trans body, Removal of breast and curves, addition of strong masculine chins only.

And they said they made bodies for everyone but then take away body parts and shapes that people have, like breast.

The update was only made to appease the trans playerbase, it pretty much pissed everyone else who had their characters for 6 years (women included)

1713549443545175.png

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

The update was only made to appease the trans playerbase, it pretty much pissed everyone else who had their characters for 6 years (women included)

1713549443545175.png

They are making themselves hated. Why does trans inclusion always means hetero exclusion?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

That's a solid attempt to kill off this game way past its prime.

But seriously, I feel sorry for people who spent money on the cosmetics only for the models to be changed.

Three

Nintendo primarily controls Pokémon on Nintendo hardware. This is all Niantic and Pokémon Co shenanigans. Nintendo is very much a Japanese company and has not (yet) subverted to this madness.
Na, Nintendo controls Pokémon on every hardware. The Pokemon Company is also a Japanese company anyway, jointly ran by Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures. Niantic probably just did their own thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom