• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gistix releases demo of Sonic 06 on PC!!!

LewieP

Roj7KV9.jpg

Jawmuncher

That's a lot of work, props to him for doing it.
Even if it's the equivalent of back porting Dino Crisis 3 to PC.

Kindekuma

Banned
Thought it was impressive to see someone play Sonic 06 without breaking something, then I saw the eye glitch at the very end.

Almost had it. Almost.

TimmiT

LordKasual

Banned

Because people really want a PC port of this so badly that Sonic fans decided to take it into their own hands and port it to PC.

Sega isn't ever touching this game again

you'd think they would be smart enough to just pretend like it doesn't exist

but no

still got levels in generations (making the final scene all the more hilarious)

Edit:

The most amazing thing about Sonic 06 fangames/remakes is that they have to deliberately capture the janky trashness of the animations and movement in order for it to feel legit

it is so god damn hilarious

After having heard so much about this game, I actually looked for it on Steam a while back and was disappointed to find it never released on PC. Someday, I'll get to see this work of art for myself.

Guess Who

Banned
I have mad respect for the amount of effort and quality work put into this, but also, I literally can't imagine any project that would be a worse use of its creator's time than this.

Brenal

To be fair the level desing(at least of the sonic levels) along with the music are the best parts of 06.

Uhyve

That demo seriously sold me on the game... I was so hyped. Urgh.

thats FUCKING insane

sonic fans youre fucking insane
I spent months programming an engine to run those leaked Sonic Xtreme levels from a while back, before I realized how unfeasible it was. Turned into a dumb level viewer.

I don't understand how does Sonic does this to people, I'm not even that big of a fan. Adventure and the sequel were amazing though, I don't care what anyone says, they just aged badly dammit.

Dario ff

Banned
Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I'm on the special thanks for this. (And while I can probably guess what it is for, I actually don't know for sure since I've never been contacted lol)

I have mad respect for the amount of effort and quality work put into this, but also, I literally can't imagine any project that would be a worse use of its creator's time than this.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on this.

Poketune

So after playing the demo, my overall thoughts is that it plays like I remembered Sonic 06 but tolerable. My feelings about the demo:

+Loading times are 2 seconds MAX
+Game seems to run decent enough
+Sonic's controls feel tighter but not perfect
+Game just overall feels faster; like a proper follow up to SA1/SA2 Sonic stages

-Sonic's control still isn't 100% OK with me. He sometimes feels still a little sensitive when doing tricky platforming
-Homing attack feels random in what you'll actually home to
-Sonic still isn't as fast as I'd like him to be plus he accelerates rather slowly
-Hints of slowdown here and there but that could just be my rig

Overall, if some improvements are made and support is kept coming, I think this'll turn into something decent for fans of the Sonic Adventure era gameplay

Top Bottom