• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop leaks Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy synopsis, plays from Star-Lord PoV

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universe's unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of outlaws who go by the names Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of the Guardians has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands. From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, this five-part episodic series puts you in the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, told in the unique and award-winning Telltale style, where your decisions and actions will drive the path of the story you experience.

Source

*Credit to Neoxon for the find*

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Will only be interested in this if they manage to get Chris Pratt for VO. Otherwise, no thanks TT, your broken buggy games are a chore to play.

GeeTeeCee

There should have been an episode from each member of the team's perspective, if only for the complete lack of dialogue options during a Groot episode.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Comics Guardians or Movie Guardians?

Looks like neither of those maybe ?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/16...ians-of-the-galaxy-game-has-a-few-new-details

Over on the GameStop page, they reveal that the game won't follow the narrative set in place with the original Guardians of the Galaxy film, nor will it follow the story threads laid out in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Even more than that, they aren't even following the comic book. Telltale is crafting their own vision of the universe similar to what they've done with Batman: The Telltale Series

Wouldn't be surprised if visually the character design is inspired by the movies though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Star-Lord POV is expected, but I'm interested to see how they tackle the GOTG mythos. Happy they won't follow the MCU version or the comic runs. Really liked what they did with Batman.

Why isn't Telltale bankrupt yet? Who the hell buys this crap?

'Sup.

VAD

Can't wait for the stupid shoehorned love triangle between Gamora Star-Lord and Drax.
I'm playing Batman and this shit got me heated

Buckle

Was really hoping they were going to do something with Spider-Man or The Avengers/earth based Marvel but eh, I'll play it.

Top Bottom