• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy | Reval Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

After Marvel's Avengers, Square Enix is once again taking on the Marvel universe with a brand new production: Guardians of the Galaxy.
The game invites you to take control of Star-Lord and set off with his friends (Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Rocket and Groot) on a third person adventure.
In addition to offering spectacular clashes against monstrous beings, the game will allow you to make choices that will influence the unfolding of the story.

Finally, Guardians of the Galaxy will be singleplayer and won't include DLC or microtransactions.
October 26 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One & Xbox Series

Guardians%20of%20the%20Galaxy%201.jpg
Guardians%20of%20the%20Galaxy%202.jpg
3843359-mgg_2021_06_14_scr_03.jpg
3843360-mgg_2021_06_14_scr_04.jpg

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
This was clearly not created as a separate game because the engine/gameplay/animations all are from The Avengers game and was most likely an expansion for it but after it flopped they decided to make...this. Looks cringe.

EDIT: Lmfao the dialogue thing looks incredibly fake or tact on late. I swear if you ppl fall for this shit again...

Last edited:

[Sigma]

The only thing that came to my mind while watching that trailer is that "this game would look so much cooler/fun/interesting if Insomniac was making it".

Larxia

It looks nice.
I'm happy that it seems to be an action game based on movements and skills, with lock-on system so you focus on your actions rather than just hiding and aiming.

It's something I'm sad about with gun mechanics in games today, they all are focused on manual aiming and it makes them a lot slower and less action-ish, especially with a controller where it becomes super boring, while a lot of games in the past used to be a lot more fun when it was based on lock-on systems, so it plays like melee but at a distance, I prefer this feeling, it feels more like an action game than a shooter.

If the dialogues and campaign are good, it could be a cool game, curious about it.

retsof624

So I guess Rocksteady and Insomniac are the only ones giving us solid comic book hero games. This shit looks like food poisoning

Jermare

Neo Member
What is it with Marvel and giving Gamora that stupid white Mass Effect costume. Her classic one or even the movie one is so much better.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
What is it with Marvel and giving Gamora that stupid white Mass Effect costume
It's her look since gotg had a resurgence in the comics in 2013, she'd had some other looks since them, switching to a leather MCU like suit in 2015, but she's been using the white armour the most.
I guess they feel it's her most iconic modern look.

I've never watched read or know anything about guardians of thr galaxy, but I have to say this actually has my interest piqued. I'm not seeing the usual bs of Disney marvel here from the trailer and the devs look professional. Single player, count me in. I'll try it.

e&e

Banned
I thought you guys wanted a straight up single player Marvel game? Another reason fans don’t know what the hell they want and developers should avoid listening to them...
The only thing that came to my mind while watching that trailer is that "this game would look so much cooler/fun/interesting if Insomniac was making it".
Ahh, there it is! It would look so much better if a Sony studio is making it...eyeroll.gif

Last edited:

BJK

Is it just me or does Starlord look like Macklemore?

You apologize to ‘80s Val Kilmer right now!

I feel like this could be a good game, if you could pick and choose the team of Guardians to put around Quill, a la Mass Effect…with dynamic conversations between the squad. From this look at things, though, you get the core characters from the movies, and cameo appearances from Cosmo, Mantis and the like.

Let’s be real: I’m a Marvel nerd, so I’m probably going to buy this at some point. Hopefully they’ve built out the game part by release, and not just the service / monetization.

Top Bottom