• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Online - Free NES or SNES (with online play) every month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitrise

Banned
This is slightly more appealing to me than what PS+/XBL does. Collecting old-school SNES/NES games just seems a lot more fun than collecting games I most likely don't care about or probably already bought when it was on sale. Also the online-play thing sounds really interesting.

Oof, you get one, as in 1, game per month, and it is only good for that month? Ouch.

Eh, that is really disappointing if they stick with that.

TheXbox

Here, have this thirty year old game you can play for a month. Thanks for the $60, maybe we'll have party chat and a functioning friends list? We'll see!

First Month: Burger Time and Pilot Wings.

:p

I hope the initial selection doesn't suck, but if the last 10 years is anything to go off of...

EDIT: Oh shit, just reread that. It's not 2 free games every month. It's 2 games for a month, for free.

KarmaCow

Well online-play for older games is at least something since it probably applies to all VC games.

Hopefully that doesn't mean Nintendo expects us to pay a fee to get VC games again.

Come on.. first the accessories price thread and now this thread?

For a month?

If it's price 60$ a year for this service I'm done.

Online play added to NES & Super SNES games actually sounds kind of great. Wii VC already did that in a (super limited) fashion.

The one month thing sounds not that great though, at least in comparison to PS+ and GWG.

HotHamBoy

This is slightly more appealing to me than what PS+/XBL does. Collecting old-school SNES/NES games just seems a lot more fun than collecting games I most likely don't care about or probably already bought when it was on sale. Also the online-play thing sounds really interesting.

You do realize that PS+ gives about 2-5 games a month to subs and doesn't revoke them at the end of the month?

This is the most Nintendo-ass take on this concept ever.

Kid Ying

LOL this is their answer to PS+ and GWG, which often give away brand new releases on the day.
It's not much worse. Most of the stuff given on PS+ is not new and os usually cheap indie stuff on ps4. It's a bad answer for somethinv that was already quite bad.

StereoVsn

Eh, that is really disappointing if they stick with that.

Wait, so it's not even as in PS Plus or Live and you only "rent" grand total of one VC game from only NES/SNES for 1 month? That's uh... behind the times.

They haven't mentioned VC though at all. What will happen with Wii-U/3DS VC games?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
It's Switch Conference Night!

We know you are very excited, and lots of news and announcements are taking place, but it's important that we be able to manage the flow of information here so people can quickly and easily see what's going on. As a result, we are locking threads for the following reasons:

- Thread is a duplicate of another thread. Don't worry, enough people will make threads about any announcement that you don't have to!
- Thread is missing key information in the OP. It's OK to wait a few seconds before making a thread if it means that you will have a clearer title and original post.
- Thread is a "5 second reaction". You have a lot of feelings built up about the Switch. That's OK. But you don't need to make a thread for every idle thought about what was not shown, or who was there, or if you think Nintendo will be bankrupt or victorious. You can discuss all of these things in relevant threads, or wait a little while until things slow down a bit.
- Thread is "Where was <Game X>?" We don't know. No one knows. If we knew, there'd be a thread about it.
- Fanfiction. Remember that a few years from now when you make a thread for dating advice, this will be in your thread creation history.
- Bumped an old thread. Wow you really owned the person who was wrong!!!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom