• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica's 15M trailer gift: God of War E3 Overture Live

Corpsepyre

Banned
From Sony Santa Monica's Facebook page:

'Thank you for 15 million views of our God of War E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer. Download a limited time exclusive of the God of War E3 Overture Live, composed by the incredible Bear McCreary'

http://sms.playstation.com/static/img/downloads/GodofWar-E32016-Overture-Live.mp3

The track is the live version, but mixed way way better and sounds just fucking amazing. Give it a go!

15941000_1412744788757909_7484630127665901389_n.png

'Comment in the MP3 metadata is "An introduction to Kratos and Atreus"

From Wikipedia:

'In Greek mythology, Atreus (/ˈeɪtriəs/, /ˈeɪtruːs/;[1] Greek: Ἀτρεύς) was a king of Mycenae in the Peloponnese, the son of Pelops and Hippodamia, and the father of Agamemnon and Menelaus. Collectively, his descendants are known as Atreidai or Atreidae.
Atreus and his twin brother Thyestes were exiled by their father for murdering their half-brother Chrysippus in their desire for the throne of Olympia. They took refuge in Mycenae, where they ascended to the throne in the absence of King Eurystheus, who was fighting the Heracleidae. Eurystheus had meant for their stewardship to be temporary, but it became permanent after his death in battle.

Entrance to the tomb (tholos) of Atreus ("Treasury of Atreus") built around 1250 BC at Mycenae.
According to most ancient sources, Atreus was the father of Pleisthenes, but in some lyric poets (Ibycus, Bacchylides) Pleisthenides (son of Pleisthenes) is used as an alternative name for Atreus himself.'

Usobuko

Banned
I did a check and realized FF7: Remake ( the first time it was revealed ) was at 14.4M

Gaming landscape has changed so much. The old wheels if not re-invented will fast become relics.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You guys thought they would drop a GOW gameplay video randomly in January with no build up?

Yeah exactly. Its an impressive but arbitrary number of youtube views that could have happened a month ago or a month from now. They were not going to make a trailer based around something so flaky when they have set deadlines for these things that it could easily conflict with.

Was this being hyped up or something? I wasn't even aware we were supposed to be anticipating anything.

I was looking to see if I could find an in-studio recording of the piece like a week ago, so this is actually great for me.

I still think the music for the trilogy is one of the best. When that theme kicked in God of War I was amazed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdhbWqZ3p8

That sounds when you arrive to Athens by ship, right? And you start ripping zombie athenian soldiers apart. So good.

Sounds awesome. Has this hint of sadeness not in any other of the previous games.

I miss GOW music. Some of the best in the industry.

Listen to this, tell me it doesn't sound God of War-ish. :)

Bloodborne - Terror

Corpsepyre

Banned
Heard this several times now, and I'm loving this. Way better than the main theme of Ascension atleast, but not quite there with the main trilogy.

Top Bottom