• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica's 15M trailer gift: God of War E3 Overture Live

vivekTO

43Uw8sa.png

I guess its Confirmed than. That's a good reveal, i guess!!

Zetta

This is something I never knew I wanted, love this theme. The instruments in the beginning just make such a strong impact, how can you not love hearing it.

Rozart

Oh damn! Nice! I love this theme.

What do we get at 20m? :p

Edit: Downloaded and listening to it now. Still getting chills.

dracula_x

43Uw8sa.png

I guess its Confirmed than. That's a good reveal, i guess!!

btw :)

House Atreides is a fictional noble family from the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert. One of the Great Houses of the feudal interstellar empire known as the Imperium, its members play a role in every novel in the series. It is suggested within the series that the root of the Atreides line is the mythological Greek House of Atreus. In Homer's Iliad, the brothers Agamemnon and Menelaus are dubbed "the Atreides," or, sons of Atreus.

Awesome. That performance was one of the greatest things I've ever seen at an E3 conference. I've watched it many, many times since it happened. I'll be all over this track when I get a chance to download it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing (well, hearing) what McCreary does with the rest of the soundtrack, he's always fantastic. Thanks for that earworm Outlander theme, McCreary, arrrgh. He's done a great job of doing his own thing with the new GoW, whilst still invoking the old GoW feel.

Sounds awesome. Has this hint of sadeness not in any other of the previous games.

I miss GOW music. Some of the best in the industry.

So goddamn good.

hold....devils.....pot....of...tea

hold devils pot of tea Mulan

It's been years now, and I dearly wished I'd never seen that video. That's all I hear now.

MY MILKSHAKE.

This song was an amazing E3 opener. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack.

I did a check and realized FF7: Remake ( the first time it was revealed ) was at 14.4M

Gaming landscape has changed so much. The old wheels if not re-invented will fast become relics.

It's so awesome that the FF7 Remake reveal has that many views.

Also the PSX gameplay one has an additional 6+ million.

Missed this thread over the weekend.
Incredible theme music been replaying it several times. Really feels fresh and the right direction for a new GoW while capturing that "epic" feeling and sound from the previous games.

Hopefully SSM will knock the OST out the park because the GoW soundtrack legacy is amazing and one of my favourites.

Was always watching the e3 moment to hear this. I'm happy that they posted this.

is the woman who's doing these very harsh and "tribal" vocal sounds known? I want more of this stuff.

Considering that tweet is fake I still think this will be a long ass GoW game.
SSM have no multiplayer to distract them and Sony have given them a lot of time to build this game.

I'm guessing it'll be above GoW 2 length which is the longest in the series at like 12 hours on a normal playthrough.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm just fucking glaaaaaaad the multiplayer is gone. Ascension could have been soooo much better if they had focused on the SP only. I liked the game a lot, but it was evident there were problems. Sound glitches, bugs and so much more. GoW needs to be polished fully.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Funny thing is, I'm greek so I was listening to this song and I was pretty sure that at some point
in the song they are saying "f**ck him" in greek, so i googled fot the translation and omg indeed that's what the choir is saying xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvg7ybmdAks

Lyrics:

Kratos, it will not pass... It ends here...
Ooh F*ck him... (X3)
Don't stop... Give the end!
End!

Kill him... Kill him, forward! (X2)
Forward, save us... redeem, you are the punisher...
Ooh, death... It ends here!
Ooh, F*ck him... (X3)
Don't Stop... Give the end!
Wow, Unbelievable! (End!) (X3)

It ends here!
Kra... tos!
Forward, save us... redeem, you are the punisher...
Forward, save us... Go forth, give now... the end...
Wow, unbelievable! (End!) (X3)

---

What? lol.

Cock of War

Eivør Pálsdóttir goodness.

Was always watching the e3 moment to hear this. I'm happy that they posted this.

is the woman who's doing these very harsh and "tribal" vocal sounds known? I want more of this stuff.

She is amazing.
A music video of hers:
https://youtu.be/pqnMkUcTmys

Heard something about her being involved in the Vikings (tv series) soundtrack, anybody know?
*edit* apparently it's 'The Last Kingdom' (2015-bbc) gonna check that out!

Holy shit this is incredible.

I mean, the reveal was absurd already. But the way this sounds... OMG

Edit: HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO GOOD FUCK ME

Corpsepyre

Banned
7naif117 ‏@Noble6_S259 23h23 hours ago
@corybarlog @bearmccreary doesn't make any sense Atreus is greek , but it is in the Norse Mythology ??

Cory Barlog
‏@corybarlog
@noble6_s259 @bearmccreary everything will make sense
when you play the game.

Hah. Let's hope so. I wonder if there will be twists and turns in the story, and if it will be conveyed in a grand slam epic fashion. The fact that the entire game will be from one camera angle throughout till the end credits will be interesting. Lets see if they pull that off!

Forgot Bear McCreary was composing this. God damn it's gonna be so good.

Sony needs to get a live orchestra on every year for their conferences, it made such a big difference in presentation quality. Everything felt more epic. And Bear's work with the God of War demo was la flame.

Top Bottom