• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 season pass details revealed on the game's Steam store page

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
http://store.steampowered.com/app/540340/

Considering the title of the third DLC, it would be awful if the main game does not provide a proper closure to Ethan's story.

Make me have a dinner with the Bakers if old.

I take the Additional Story Chapter to mean a side-campaign thing that the series usually have, IE most famously Ada's Seperate Ways from RE4. But RE5 also had those two DLC Chapters, Lost in Nightmares & Desperate Escape that were pretty good. They weren't needed for the 'full' experience, but were nice additions and worked well with post-release response to the game as well.

The other stuff from DLC 1 & 2 there is a little bit known about due to a leak, but not in any strong way. I'll post them if anyone's curious, but things may have changed since then in what they are.

Some of the names are interesting in the banned footage stuff.

Dusk Golem

So, microtransactions confirmed?

There's no micro-transactions in RE7, this is post-release gameplay DLC the game had confirmed since the E3 announcement. The easiest comparison is with RE5's DLC, which was post-release gameplay stuff, Lost in Nightmares & Desperate Escape. RE7 has DLC, that's been known since announcement, but Capcom have been transparent with its DLC plans for over half a year now.

The last one is an additional campaign deal, the other stuff is more similar to the VHS segments in the main game, small self-contained stories, but some from what we know definitely have some major switch-up going on from the main game.

GrayChild

The last one is an additional campaign deal, the other stuff is more similar to the VHS segments in the main game, small self-contained stories, but some from what we know definitely have some major switch-up going on from the main game.

VHS segments? Like, the main character has only a camera? Man, this game is 100% Outlast rip-off.

*hides behind the corner*

Doesn't sound like a lot for £25 =/

Depends on the amount of gameplay. If the season pass has let's say 7-8 hours of pure gameplay, that would be quite reasonable.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, no winter sale then. I guess I won't buy this game until every DLC is released and the whole package is discounted to at least 65-70% - which probably won't happen this year for sure.

Dusk Golem

Well, no winter sale then. I guess I won't buy this game until every DLC is released and the whole package is discounted to at least 65-70% - which probably won't happen this year for sure.

All DLC is confirmed to release before December 31st, 2017. It says on the Store Page.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope the Jack DLC actually lets you play as Jack and you have to hunt and toy with unsuspecting victims. They could have some real fun doing something with that.

They said before that the season pass was split in to three parts. Four short side stories, one additional episode and another additional episode. This does not bode well if they just decided to change it.

The titles also make me think that certain things in the story would have been stripped out for this. Please don't be the case.

Alucrid

Banned
They said before that the season pass was split in to three parts. Four short side stories, one additional episode and another additional episode. This does not bode well if they just decided to change it.

The titles also make me think that certain things in the story would have been stripped out for this. Please don't be the case.

wouldn't it make sense for each volume to be one episode and two side stories?

Dusk Golem

From what we know of the "Banned Footage", you don't need to worry. They're not cut from the main storyline.

I don't know if this is what these still are, these are based off of an older version of RE7 and from Hex Code, and I wouldn't know which is which, but to describe three of the pieces of DLC in as we know them...

One of them is puzzle-based, it takes place in a unique location and has a nursery rhyme story theme going on. Basically it sounds like it's a new area but with a lack of combat and added surrealism/atmosphere and puzzle-focus with its own little story.

One of them is a wave-based mode, it has a 'story' version and a survival version unlocked when you beat the story version. Not too many details on this one, but it was definitely wave based survival of some kind.

One of them sounds like it's stylized like the Beginning Hour demo of RE7, I think Capcom wanted to make something akin to that. It sounds like it's more traditional RE7 gameplay but with some bigger cryptic elements. Lucas plays a role of some kind in it, and it has three different endings based on things you do in it.

I'm not sure if those were final or only plans, the names are a bit hard to contribute to any of the names listed above for example. Maybe some things were added to the main game, were scrapped for something more traditional, or something else entirely, we don't know! But that's what I would sort of expect from these, though how long they are and the like cannot be known. Hopefully Capcom shows these off more properly soon.

Of course the exception is the "Additional Story Chapter", which I expect might be more akin to something like Ada's RE7 additional campaign, or Lost in Nightmares/Desperate Escape from RE5.

I'm surprised at one of the titles being present, given some of the theories floating around since Kitchen.

As for Ethan Must Die, that's likely a flipped role piece with one of the Bakers, rather than a post-narrative send off.

Spaghetti

Sounds intriguing. If the main game hooks me enough, and I think it will, I'll probably drop the cash on this to play a bit extra.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised at one of the titles being present, given some of the theories floating around since Kitchen.

As for Ethan Must Die, that's likely a flipped role piece with one of the Bakers, rather than a post-narrative send off.

I feel like that might be a bonus mode of some sort. I don't think all of this will be story related.

MonsieurCreamy

Neo Member
I'm assuming that "21" is
the card game detailed in the Beginning Hour data-mine.
If I recall correctly there was also a physical bonus with JP versions of the game that might relate to this.

Wait... What if it's a...

Hang on...

Devil May Cry mode?

Think about it.

dvepRow.gif

Top Bottom