• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I asked this girl out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Was it like "ewww" or like "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!", because there still may be a chance.

Just down ask some one totaly out of range next time and you'll do fine. lol

actally don't ask a total bitch out next time and you'll do fine; really if that was her response she wasn't worth it.

brocke

Banned
you'll get that sometimes. more often than not if you are creepy in asking out (i know a lot about creepy asking out). just accept yourself as a creepy person and keep trying. eventually you'll land a girl that doesn't care or a crazy. either way as long as she's hot go after it.

BlackMage

Banned
it was a short and to the point "eww." a clearcut message that I am an ugly beast and she was a golden goddess. this has done wonders to my esteem.

PD, want to just become gay lovers and get it over with?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
This is merely the start of the game. Your next step is to buy her presents. Expensive presents. Lots of them. Place them in locations that will make her awkward in front of friends and family.

Borci88

godfathercatbpl0.jpg

SlackMage said:
it was a short and to the point "eww." a clearcut message that I am an ugly beast and she was a golden goddess. this has done wonders to my esteem.

PD, want to just become gay lovers and get it over with?

Ask Demon.

But seriously, it sounds like you need to start off slow. No point in going after people who are obviously out of your league.

Just lay low, make little chat with quiet, unassuming women. Don't go for the hot girl: go for the hot girl's best friend. Those girls are usually more realistic and also they aren't used to being talked to by guys. Go after them at all costs

BlackMage

Banned
Systems_id said:
Are you in High School perhaps? Maybe Junior High? You'd have to be both a creepy and ugly mofo to get that response.

college :(

oh well. i'm going back to world of warcraft. i am worshipped there!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
SlackMage said:

That may be part of the problem of why she said ewww

BlackMage

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Ask Demon.

But seriously, it sounds like you need to start off slow. No point in going after people who are obviously out of your league.

Just lay low, make little chat with quiet, unassuming women. Don't go for the hot girl: go for the hot girl's best friend. Those girls are usually more realistic and also they aren't used to being talked to by guys. Go after them at all costs

but i want a girl i'm attracted to, at least!!!

SlackMage said:
but i want a girl i'm attracted to, at least!!!

A girl who is attracted to you will make her seem more attractive; it’s the law that brings 6's to 7's. Though if she’s too attracked to you it could bring down her appeal.

EDIT: "Pay no mind to my previous posts. Apparently you're already damaged goods" :lol :lol :lol

SlackMage said:

Lol, dude don't give up.. I get rejected all the time.. matter of fact I get rejected maybe 5-6 times a day..

personally I think dating is a game of chance..

there will always be people that don't like you.. even the best looking guys get rejected..

Just remember it's not you..

Think of it this way.. would you say yes to a really fat chick or someone you didn't like?

there just doing what's in there best interest and if she's not interested move on.. because at least she was honest and right to the point you have her to thank for that or would you rather drag it on and go on a date even though she wasn't interested in the first place?

keep trying and like video games.. you'll get better at it with time.

Boogie

ouch, that's gotta suck man.

But in all honesty, any girl who will shoot you down with a response of "eww" really isn't worth dating in the first place, imo.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Father_Mike said:
A girl who is attracted to you will make her seem more attractive; it’s the law that brings 6's to 7's. Though if she’s too attacked to you it could bring down her appeal.

Truer words have never been written on GAF.

FiRez

SlackMage said:
and she responded. "eww." i'm never gonna ask a girl out ever again!

harsh but logical:

is better that way, you don't want to be with a girl that doesn't feel the same for you

don't let this bring you down SlackMage

BlackMage

Banned
Boogie said:
ouch, that's gotta suck man.

But in all honesty, any girl who will shoot you down with a response of "eww" really isn't worth dating in the first place, imo.

it still hurt my feelings

BlackMage

Banned
the full story is: she was in my class and we just got done with the final. we got done at the same time and i talked to her outside of class. i was just having general chit chat with her about the final and stuff and she seemed like a nice girl, plus we partnered for a couple labs during the semester. so i asked her if she wanted to do something sometimes, like go out for coffee or a dinner maybe and she changed her tone with me. i wasn't being creepy at all, i was being polite!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
SlackMage said:
the full story is: she was in my class and we just got done with the final. we got done at the same time and i talked to her outside of class. i was just having general chit chat with her about the final and stuff and she seemed like a nice girl, plus we partnered for a couple labs during the semester. so i asked her if she wanted to do something sometimes, like go out for coffee or a dinner maybe and she changed her tone with me. i wasn't being creepy at all, i was being polite!

You should have said something like "we should hang out sometime", but yeah, it looks like she wasn't interested in you, better to have no relationship than a broken one, but you'll find another girl who will be more attractive to you then her.

SlackMage said:

Sounds like you were already in friend/dupe territory. Lots of girls will be nice to be during group work, and it's obvious they just want an A and realize I can get it for them. Obviously I want an A too so I don't do anything stupid; although, I stopped doing chick's homework about a year ago.

ronito

your league gentlemen, play within your league. If you look like a festering boil don't expect to go out with models.

Reave

Just move on man. You had enough balls to try, and that's all that matters. That simple.

Or next time just be like that dude from that old UPN reality show "The Player" and just walk up to a girl and say "ting pong ting tong ping pong ting." Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers that. :D

ronito said:
your league gentlemen, play within your league. If you look like a festering boil don't expect to go out with models.

Nice, limiting beliefs for all.

Anyway, get used to rejection, it's fun.

FightyF

Banned
I would never demean myself to ask a girl out. THEY are supposed to be asking YOU out.

They'll have to pick a number and when their turn comes up, give them a call.

That's right, there's supposed to be a ****ing lineup for you.

advicein3.jpg

metdroid said:
You probably said something really weird
what you say is maybe 10% of what's communicated, maybe even less for some chicks.

There's load of stuff to take into account (body language, tonality, pauses between words, how you react to her, what you react to, how she reacts to you).

Keep at it, in the end everyone succeeds with some effort.

Gadeus

You're definitely looking at this rejection incorrectly, she really did you a favor by acting like a complete bitch. Imagine the problems you'd have with her in a month or so, had she agreed to a date. You're definitely better off, you'll eventually find a good looking non bitch, but don't be in a huge rush.

penguini

Banned
What makes this girl think she is so great that she can say something like that to you? This calls for revenge. You must knock her down a peg.

Oh harsh man, while that is hurtfulle, like has been said, at least you know as a result of her being a bitch to you, that she is not woth your's or really any man's time. I hate girls like that.

I love seeing PD giving dating advice too, :lol, I suspose if there is anyone who knows all of GAF's collective advice, it's him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom