• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anúna (Irish/Celtic choral ensemble) to participate in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST

Vinnk

Lot of potential for this soundtrack. Wouldn't be surprised if it's best in the series. Admittedly not super hard to do, but nonetheless.

Really? Not that hard. I find the first Xenoblade to be one of my favorite soundtracks.

Lot of potential for this soundtrack. Wouldn't be surprised if it's best in the series. Admittedly not super hard to do, but nonetheless.

If we're talking Xenoblade games, for me personally, Xenoblade Chronicles is going to be hard to top, because it's one of my favorite video game OST.

If we're talking Xeno games, that's even hard with Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode III being amazing OST from what I've heard. Xeno games have always had great soundtracks. Xenoblade Chronicles X may have had a disappointing soundtrack for me, but it was still great for what the game was and had some great environment tracks for the continents and such. Only a few tracks were really annoying, but I understand Sawano isn't everyone's cup of tea and understand why people hate the XCX OST.

Excited for this game and hearing some of the OST!

skypunch

Banned
If we're talking Xenoblade games, for me personally, Xenoblade Chronicles is going to be hard to top, because it's one of my favorite video game OST.

If we're talking Xeno games, that's even hard with Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode III being amazing OST from what I've heard. Xeno games have always had great soundtracks. Xenoblade Chronicles X may have had a disappointing soundtrack for me, but it was still great for what the game was and had some great environment tracks for the continents and such. Only a few tracks were really annoying, but I understand Sawano isn't everyone's cup of tea and understand why people hate the XCX OST.

Excited for this game and hearing some of the OST!

With Mitsuda as lead composer and ACE+ and Kiyota back, it has a very, very good chance at being just as good if not better than Xenoblade's OST. The fact that there's going to be four choral pieces written by Mitsuda and sung by an Irish choir already puts it a smidgen over Xenoblade's OST for me, and I *love* Xenoblade's OST.

Instro

Really? Not that hard. I find the first Xenoblade to be one of my favorite soundtracks.

Well X is garbage, and while I think the score for XC is generally great, it has its ups and downs. Certainly beatable in quality imo, and what we've heard so far about what they are doing here is very promising.

With Mitsuda as lead composer and ACE+ and Kiyota back, it has a very, very good chance at being just as good if not better than Xenoblade's OST. The fact that there's going to be four choral pieces written by Mitsuda and sung by Anúna already puts it a smidgen over Xenoblade's OST for me, and I *love* Xenoblade's OST.
Well, we'll see.

I meant to say this in the other thread before it got locked (???), but it's great to hear that Mitsuda's lending more than his name to the project this time around.

With Mitsuda as lead composer and ACE+ and Kiyota back, it has a very, very good chance at being just as good if not better than Xenoblade's OST. The fact that there's going to be four choral pieces written by Mitsuda and sung by an Irish choir already puts it a smidgen over Xenoblade's OST for me, and I *love* Xenoblade's OST.

Well, yeah, that's why I am really excited for this OST since everyone but Shimomura is back from Xenoblade's OST. Shimomura lead the team for Xenoblade Chronicles, but I figure it should be really good with Mitsuda as lead composer. I have loved his work over the years (Stella Glow is the most recent OST I can think of he did that I really loved).

I mean, I just can't wait for the game in general and OST is just part of it.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been rewatching some of the Xenoblade cutscenes and man, I couldn't be more hyped for this game. Mitsuda is my favorite video game composer ever, too. Can't wait for this. I really hope Nintendo does well localizing the game.

Ridley327

8-4 is confirmed NOT to be doing this localization. It's too large of a project that they can get to with everything they're working on. Chances are Europe's picking up the slack.

It was more an example than anything, really. Timing is critical in any event, and I feel like that the localization has to be happening as we speak in order for it to have a chance at a worldwide release this year.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It was more an example than anything, really. Timing is critical in any event, and I feel like that the localization has to be happening as we speak in order for it to have a chance at a worldwide release this year.
It most likely is, XCX localization was done roughly the same time ad the game was being developed, but XCX was a huge massive effort that I remember Tetsuya saying like one persons lines were like 11,000 lines of dialogue or so, and treehouse still had to come in and help 8-4 because it was such a daunting task

(Actually I think I got it backwards, tree house was the main localizer and 8-4 came in do help...I believe)

Cerium

So happy they got the team back for this after ... y'know.

I can't remember Nintendo ever closing an internal studio, certainly not one as high profile as Monolith.

And Monolith is tremendously useful for tech purposes and as an asset factory.

TheMoon

I can't remember Nintendo ever closing an internal studio, certainly not one as high profile as Monolith.

And Monolith is tremendously useful for tech purposes and as an asset factory.

huhh?????? what u talkin about lol

What team and I don't know. This band?

Mitusda & Kyota & ACE+ (sadly no Shimomura tho)

xenomusicmbutg.png

Rafavert

Give me less of WOAH, WOAH, WOAH-OO-WOAH-OH and I'll be happy. The song that plays in the Administrative District in NLA haunts me to this day.

XCX had so many good tracks, what the fuck were they thinking with that one?

I feel you. I am aware XCX's OST takes a bit of growing on you, unlike XC, but it's still great (Black Tar, all region themes...), but NLA themes... urgh.

Anyway, let us cross our fingers and hope for a British dub once more. PLEASE! We NEED a new "It's Reyn time!"

skypunch

Banned
Sara Di Bella, member of Anúna, says the music they recorded with Mitsuda will "haunt me forever in my dreams"

5CIPdW1.jpg

Her post also confirms there are lyrics involved. Possibly written by Takahashi?

MomoQca

Sara Di Bella, member of Anúna, says the music they recorded with Mitsuda will "haunt me forever in my dreams"

5CIPdW1.jpg

Her post also confirms there are lyrics involved. Possibly written by Takahashi?

The more I hear about them, the more excited I get. It's going to be a LONG wait. 😭

I really hope they're planning on a simultaneous worldwide launch, otherwise I'm gonna be tempted to get the Japanese version as soon as it comes out!

Hinchy

It's worth noting Mitsuda composed just the ending theme for the first Xenoblade. It's possible we see another similar thing here. Don't get your hopes TOO far up.

It's worth noting that most of the composers from Xenoblade 1 are all back as well. It's a great OST.

I think Sawano was just a weird aside just like the rest of the specific stylistic diversions of that game.

TheMoon

I really hope they're planning on a simultaneous worldwide launch, otherwise I'm gonna be tempted to get the Japanese version as soon as it comes out!

They are. The game has the same release timeframe in all regions. Q4 2017.

MomoQca

It's worth noting Mitsuda composed just the ending theme for the first Xenoblade. It's possible we see another similar thing here. Don't get your hopes TOO far up.

It's worth noting that most of the composers from Xenoblade 1 are all back as well. It's a great OST.

I think Sawano was just a weird aside just like the rest of the specific stylistic diversions of that game.

He's confirmed to be composing 4 songs with Anúna, and we know the last song in the trailer is Mitsuda's, so that makes it 5 songs.

Also, I vaguely remember hearing that he's the lead composer which means his contribution to the OST will be larger than it was for XC.

They are. The game has the same release timeframe in all regions. Q4 2017.

They weren't for the last two games. Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it.

TheMoon

They weren't for the last two games. Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it.

The last two games were also made under wholly different circumstances. By now the series is an established franchise. They can absolutely pull this off because they've done it (simultaneous release) for so many other RPGs in their lineup. And they nailed this down specifically as one of the final pieces in the 2017 Switch line-up designed around steady, regular releases. So far I see no logical reason to doubt their own confidence in the "date." Yet.

boiled goose

good with gravy
People crap on XCX's soundtrack but honestly the music in these games is so distinctive and wonderful. Can't wait to see what XC2 has in store.

Xbc soundtrack was amazing.
Xbx wasn't bad.. it just got super repetitive. The same song all the time for flying in all areas. Super large areas with same two songs. It just needed more variety due to the level design. Many great tracks are hidden in barely visited menus.

Shiggy

Why are people so certain that the game won't come at the end of the year? The argument is as baffling as people saying that Mario will miss the Christmas holiday.

I haven't heard of Anuna, but if it means that there's no rap/metal crap as in Xenoblade Chronicles X, then it's great.

wrowa

People crap on XCX's soundtrack but honestly the music in these games is so distinctive and wonderful. Can't wait to see what XC2 has in store.

I think X's style of music was a good fit for what they were going for with that game. The only infuriatingly bad track was the damn New L.A. music... and it never stopped playing.

Holy shit, even thinking about it makes me angry.

Ridley327

Why are people so certain that the game won't come at the end of the year? The argument is as baffling as people saying that Mario will miss the Christmas holiday.

I haven't heard of Anuna, but if it means that there's no rap/metal crap as in Xenoblade Chronicles X, then it's great.

Everyone agrees that it has a pretty good chance of hitting Japan by the end of the year. I don't think Soraya Saga would tweet about it if she wasn't confident in that.

What's in question is if it'll hit outside of Japan at the same time, which could be really challenging if they haven't started the localization already.

kromeo

If there's going to be vocals hopefully they'll be more like Satorl Marsh night, my favourite music in the game

TheMoon

What's in question is if it'll hit outside of Japan at the same time, which could be really challenging if they haven't started the localization already.

As I mentioned before, they've done it for plenty of other RPGs already. If they wanna hit at the same time, they can. HD graphics don't change localization time, after all :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Don't know anuna but what I have heard is fitting my JRPG imaginary

Can't wait to hear and see more

MomoQca

As I mentioned before, they've done it for plenty of other RPGs already. If they wanna hit at the same time, they can. HD graphics don't change localization time, after all :D

Are you sure? The only RPG with a simultaneous worldwide release that comes to mind is Pokémon, which started with X and Y...

Ridley327

Having a large localization workload does impact localization progress, which is a real concern right now. I feel like we would need to see some English-language screens real soon to feel comfortable about its chances.

MomoQca

Because no one trusts that a Xenoblade game will hit its first release deadline.

I mean, I truly believe it's launching at the end of this year...in Japan. Overseas is a different story. I really hope they've changed the localization process for this game in order to hit the 2017 deadline.

TheMoon

Are you sure? The only RPG with a simultaneous worldwide release that comes to mind is Pokémon, which started with X and Y...

Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Paper Mario Color Splash
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Fire Emblem Echoes
Every Zelda game from the last decade
Kid Icarus Uprising (if you need one with lots of voice acting)
Pokémon like you said.

are some examples that come to mind.

Because no one trusts that a Xenoblade game will hit its first release deadline.

But there is no history of Xenoblade delays so why does it exists. People just feel it's too good to be true and too soon after X and "well Zelda..."

Top Bottom