• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast RMX review thread

Scoops

Banned
First reviews are in. I'm sure more will trickle in over the next week plus. I will update as they do.

Metacritic - 79/100 (23 reviews)

Daily Nintendo (Dutch) - 9.3/10

FAST rmx is holding a top racing game for people who love real quick games. Especially for fans of Wipeout and F-Zero games, this game fullest recommended. The game runs at 1080p and 60fps in console mode and handheld mode at 720p with 60fps. Now it says on of course nothing but the levels are even though you'll see through it tremendously beautiful with rotvaart with some great weather effects. The multiplayer mode is a loose Joy-Con halves easily accessible and instantly so to use for two players, even in the handheld split screen mode. It is a shame that the game does not just have a quieter mode to get to it, but that you immediately thrown into the game with full speed.

COG - 85/100

http://cogconnected.com/review/fast-rmx-review/

4players - 84/100

Fast RMX is a widely enhanced reissue of the currently fastest racing game, sporting 30 tracks, an unbelievable speed and challenging course design. But with some modes missing from the Wii U original the motivation takes a downturn here and then.

IGN Spain - 8.2/10

http://es.ign.com/fast-rmx-nintendo-switch/115517/review/fast-rmx-analisis-para-nintendo-switch

GamerGen - 16/20

So, is Fast RMX an unmissable game for the launch of the Nintendo Switch? Well, if you like games of fast races in the F-Zero or WipEout and are looking for a fun production easy to access, but difficult to master, the new baby Shin'en is actually the title he You need on your new console .

Cubed3 - 8/10

If one thing is certain, it's that the F-Zero brand would be in good hands should Nintendo ever choose to take this fruitful relationship with Shin'en Multimedia to a new level and entrust the property to them. Since there hasn't been a new title from Nintendo in so long, it seems like a logical thing to do. In the meantime, FAST RMX is an excellent arcade racer that will satisfy anyone's craving for speed and intensity, as well as gorgeous graphics that really show off the Switch's capability. As a full priced game, it would still stand out, but as a £16.99 download on the eShop, this really is a no-brainer for any fans of arcade racing. One of the best launch day games available.

PocketGamer - 8/10

FAST RMX is a solid arcade racer, with a gratifying sense of speed, excellent visuals, and an interesting phase mechanic ensuring you have plenty of fun.

Game Revolution - 3.5/5

Fast RMX is one of the best Switch titles out right now. Given how Shin'en is supporting the game with free updates, with the first adding time trials, it's a great time to pick it up and play this $20 game.

PixlBot - No score, but very positive

With 30 tracks, 15 FAST racing machines, local and online multiplayer, and insanely polished 60fps 1080p visuals, FAST RMX is a great value if you're a fan of futuristic racers and miss Nintendo's offerings. While there are small hiccups, FAST RMX is for sure worth a buy if you're looking for a great, high-speed launch title.

Nintendo World Report - 9/10

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/44256/fast-rmx-switch-review

Hobby Consales - 7.9/10

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/reviews/analisis-fast-rmx-carreras-nintendo-switch-91512

Metro - 7/10

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/08/fast-rmx-review-f-zero-substitute-6495103/

Gaming Trend - 7/10

http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/gotta-go-fast-rmx-review/

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
"some modes missing" = Time Trial is missing. That's it.

Ah, I was wondering what they were talking about it. I wonder why it was removed. Personally, I don't care about Time Trial modes, but I can understand why some love them.

TheMoon

Ah, I was wondering what they were talking about it. I wonder why it was removed. Personally, I don't care about Time Trial modes, but I can understand why some love them.

it's in the review:

Warum gibt es in Fast RMX keine Zeitrennen, obwohl sie in Fast Racing Neo vorhanden sind?

Wir haben bei Shin'en nachgefragt. Die Antwort: Sie haben es nicht in die zum Verkaufsstart erhältliche Version geschafft.

Mehr konnten uns die Entwickler auch auf Nachfrage nicht mitteilen - ihre Formulierung weckt allerdings die Hoffnung, dass Zeitrennen später noch hinzukommen.

Translation:
Why is there no time trial when it was in FRN?

We asked Shin'en. The response: it didn't make it in time for release.

They couldn't tell us anything beyond that. However, their wording makes us hope time trials will be added in later.

Dipship31

I've been really digging it. Feels like a combination of Wipeout and Ikaruga (with the phase changing). Really too bad about no time trials, seems like something they should definitely consider adding down the road.

Tendo

Never heard of this before but looks beautiful. What is the frame rate? Does it feel closer to wipeout or f-zero?

Instro

You can't play with friends , randoms is the only option.

Maybe when the phone app is ready...LOL.

Would like to see DF take a look at this one btw. I'm curious to see if it is running full 1080p and how other visuals differ from the WiiU.

Never heard of this before but looks beautiful. What is the frame rate? Does it feel closer to wipeout or f-zero?

60FPS, baby.

It's really it's own style of futuristic racer. It borrows a bit from both, Wipeout's handling and F-Zero's sense of velocity, and throws in an Ikaruga-esque polarity mechanic for good measure. The original was in my top 5 Wii U games, it's really great.

AmyS

Fast RMX is the only other game I bought with Zelda.

Fast RMX is the only other launch game worth my money.

It's beautiful.

hatchx

Banned
This game is great. I have it on wiiU and double dipped on switch to try the HD rumble. Totally worth it. Got into a quick online match, did a cup.

They totally eased up on the challenge and rubberband AI. When you crash now it doesn't screw you as badly.

The graphics are noticeably improved. Just higher res with more effects.

The HD rumble is outstanding. You really feel the side of the car you bump and how hard. This was a great game to showcase that in lieu of wasting money on 1,2,Switch.

Everybody compares it to F-zero and Wipeout, but I feel it's closer to Daytona. It's very arcadey, very fast and very fun to play.

Rndm

Another game besides Zelda would be neat. I'm still not sure if Fast RMX is it though. A demo would have been nice, but I'll just wait for some more reviews I guess.

Honestly, I don't know much about that game. It seems to be popular here on GAF tho.

There's a demo for Snipperclips on the eShop so you can check it out before buying it.

VanWinkle

This game is great. I have it on wiiU and double dipped on switch to try the HD rumble. Totally worth it. Got into a quick online match, did a cup.

They totally eased up on the challenge and rubberband AI. When you crash now it doesn't screw you as badly.

The HD rumble is outstanding. You really feel the side of the car you bump and how hard. This was a great game to showcase that in lieu of wasting money on 1,2,Switch.

I played it for awhile and then saw somewhere online that it had HD rumble. I had no idea. Didn't seem to notice anything, but I'll have to try it again with it in mind.

Realeza

Banned
I played it for awhile and then saw somewhere online that it had HD rumble. I had no idea. Didn't seem to notice anything, but I'll have to try it again with it in mind.

I forgot the name of the stage, but there's sandstorms. I noticed the HD vibrated in circular motions whenever close to a storm, so that's awesome.

hatchx

Banned

It's awesome. Really think about it when you play. You really feel the difference between turning and a hard hit/soft hit, boost.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

That is very good to hear.

VanWinkle

I forgot the name of the stage, but there's sandstorms. I noticed the HD vibrated in circular motions whenever close to a storm, so that's awesome.

It's awesome. Really think about it when you play. You really feel the difference between turning and a hard hit/soft hit, boost.

Just played some more, keeping it in mind. Was pretty cool. Felt like the rumble motors could change in intensity instead of just turning off and on. Made it feel a little more dynamic though I had to think about it to notice.

leng jai

Might have to pick this up for something to play other than Zelda. Should be perfect as a pick and play handheld game.

Vitacat

I've been really digging it. Feels like a combination of Wipeout and Ikaruga (with the phase changing). Really too bad about no time trials, seems like something they should definitely consider adding down the road.
Perfect description, but I think there's some F-Zero in there as well, I.e. No weapons unlike Wipeout. The Ikaruga-ish color change mechanic is a excellent. I really like it. Hard as nails to master, but oh so good.

chronomac

Two questions: 1. Has the dev. said anything about a demo? I'd love to try this before buying. 2. When watching a couple videos of this I noticed that the camera's kinda low to the track and close to the vehicle. Can you move it or adjust it?

Realeza

Banned
Two questions: 1. Has the dev. said anything about a demo? I'd love to try this before buying. 2. When watching a couple videos of this I noticed that the camera's kinda low to the track and close to the vehicle. Can you move it or adjust it?

You can adjust it to 3 different views. Shinen hasn't said anything about a demo. For the price, I'd totally recommend it. It's a nice showcase, specially in portable mode.

ArchAngel

Bought it yesterday after I didn't care for the WiiU version. Wow, pretty great game to my surprise. The announcer sounds like one from Hydro Thunder :D

deadfolk

Really enjoyed what I've played of it so far, but I've come across an issue and I'm not sure if it's something I'm missing or doing wrong, but...

The second tournament (I forget what the game calls them...like a cup in Mario Kart), I have placed first on two separate attempts, but on the selection screen, it still says that my best rank is 2.

After the second time, I made sure to go all the way back to the title screen before quitting, to ensure it had time to save.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it - I dunno. Anyone else seen this?

Lutherian

The game is great, better in my opinion than Fast League Racing, but damn : no Time-Trial, ergo no Leaderboards. What the L ?

Another annoyance : being dropped after a crash right in front of another danger, leading to another crash. Damn.

deadfolk

Really enjoyed what I've played of it so far, but I've come across an issue and I'm not sure if it's something I'm missing or doing wrong, but...

The second tournament (I forget what the game calls them...like a cup in Mario Kart), I have placed first on two separate attempts, but on the selection screen, it still says that my best rank is 2.

After the second time, I made sure to go all the way back to the title screen before quitting, to ensure it had time to save.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it - I dunno. Anyone else seen this?

Okay, tried this again this morning and it's definitely not saving my ranks. Has no-one else seen this?

Time trial was removed? wha.... why? I really wanted to go for fast laps when I buy this since I neer had a wii U so that is really upsetting.

Top Bottom