• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Tweet P5 or Click Any Tweets

Soulflarz

Banned
Tweeted about p5- multiple bots spoiled ending in replies and quote retweets.

Clicked atlus tweet also- fully of replies spoiling it. It's a copypasta :/

Throwing this out there for anyone on twitter- don't do what I did.

I don't understand the trouble losers go to intentionally spoil things for others. What benefit do they gain

edit:someone's going to post the TDK joker quote

Azuran

Banned
Good thing we can't share screenshots or videos, or stream the game as much as we want.

Way to go Atlus. You finally defeated spoilers on the internet!

Well, I presume it's a protest about not being allowed to use the share features.

Yeah, Atlus Japan has absolutely no idea what reverse psychology is. Nobody would care as much if they weren't so aggressively anal about people who even breathe the slightest hint of even the vaguest spoiler. It sucks but honestly they created this mess themselves.

MUnited83

For you.
Punishing other fans really doesn't seem justified, though.
It's a shame, but it is the best way to show Atlus how regressive and counter-productive their policies are. Their shitty excuse "we don't want people to be spoiled" doesn't work. The game has been out for fucking 7 months already and people spoiling wasn't a fucking issue.
this is pretty uncalled for, innocent fans shouldn't be in the crossfire because of a company policy they may or may not agree with,
And it's still ATLUS fault.

Erekiddo

This is absolutely ridiculous. People's sole intent is to just ruin it for others.

and now they've automated it?!

kaioshade

Yep, this is definitely in retaliation to the policy Atlus JP is putting in place. Sucks for any fans who tweeted them though.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, Atlus Japan has absolutely no idea what reverse psychology is.

Japanese companies in general don't seem to understand streaming.

This isn't the first Japanese games that blocks streaming features, although most of the time the really harsh restrictions get removed in the localized versions. But many games still keep that thing where they block the streaming during cutscenes, which is batshit stupid.

Yep, this is definitely in retaliation to the policy Atlus JP is putting in place. Sucks for any fans who tweeted them though.

Those people are fucking idiots because they're only hurting the players, Atlus will be largely unaffected by this.

Alucrid

Banned
weird that atlus makes an entire note about video guidelines to protect us from spoilers, yet aren't making a peep about twitter bots that actually are ruining things for people

Pretty standard for relesse day for games that have already released in other countries tbh
Don't check social media because people are dicks

Logan spoilers happened instantly on release date and I saw it while on twitter
Never again

Guess Who

Banned
It's a shame, but it is the best way to show Atlus how regressive and counter-productive their policies are.

No, it's not at all. The best way to show Atlus how shitty their policies are is to tell Atlus how shitty their policies are, and to either vote with your wallet by not buying the game or by breaking their policies and streaming anyway. Ruining the game for innocent fans is a garbage, shithead thing to do.

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying the ends don't justify the means.

It's a shame, but it is the best way to show Atlus how regressive and counter-productive their policies are. Their shitty excuse "we don't want people to be spoiled" doesn't work. The game has been out for fucking 7 months already and people spoiling wasn't a fucking issue.

I think it's extremely arguable that this is the best way to go about solving the issue. This seems more like people throwing a fit and being mean-spirited about it to boot.

Gbraga

The twitter bot was going on before that streaming guideline bullshit. I'm sure it'll increase even more now, but let's not pretend people weren't willing to do this before.

Japanese companies in general don't seem to understand streaming.

This isn't the first Japanese games that blocks streaming features, although most of the time the really harsh restrictions get removed in the localized versions. But many games still keep that thing where they block the streaming during cutscenes, which is batshit stupid.

One of the most bizarre examples is that Dead or Alive 5: Last Round blocks the story mode. A - It's a port of a 3-year-old (at the time) game, and B - The game's story mode is barely even an actual narrative, it's basically just a series of vignettes. Who is actually going to care about being spoiled about that?

MUnited83

For you.
No, it's not at all. The best way to show Atlus how shitty their policies are is to tell Atlus how shitty their policies are, and to either vote with your wallet by not buying the game or by breaking their policies and streaming anyway. Ruining the game for innocent fans is a garbage, shithead thing to do.
Threatening users with copyright strikes that can close an entire channel is also a garbage,shithead thing to do.

Again, the shitty ass excuse they came up with was "we don't want people to get spoiled". This is literally the exact representation of why the excuse is shit and doesnt work.
Blame atlus for people responding to their policies doing exactly what those policies are for?
Yeah, that's gonna prove them.
Their policies don't include the blocking of spoilers being tweeted on Twitter, but nice try i guess. You know the only fucking thing their policy results in? More spoilers

Threatening users with copyright strikes that can close an entire channel is also a garbage,shithead thing to do.

Again, the shitty ass excuse they came up with was "we don't want people to get spoiled". This is literally the exact representation of why the excuse is shit and doesnt work.

I get that Atlus' behavior is bad, but as another user said this is a good example of two wrongs not making a right. There are other avenues that could have been taken to push back, and I think it's very telling that the one chosen was the one that would upset fans more than it would affect Atlus.

Guess Who

Banned

I think Atlus's policies are shitty, but:

1) Two wrong don't make a right.

2) People going around spoiling other players is all the more likely to make Atlus JP want to crack down harder on spoilers, not less.

3) This Twitter bot was spoiling people well before Atlus's streaming restrictions blogpost even went up.

Nauren

Playing devils advocate, {let it be clear I loathe spoilers}, isn't censorship a far greater crime than the potential ruining of a bit of fun?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Do you work for Atlus? Man, you are full on the Atlus defense force lately.

Sorry, I don't know why I keep bothering. Doesn't matter how I phrase it, I come off as a fanboy, paid employee, when I choose not to get angered over something that won't affect my personal experience. When I try to stick up for innocent players getting hit by spoilers, the clear and logical conclusion is "wow look at this another atlus employee at it again". This community is very volatile.

Dantis

This has nothing to do with lacking share functionality, people just want to upset everyone.

Someone tweeted a spoiler at myself and a few other guys in the import thread back when the JP release just came out.

Please don't try and justify this shitty behaviour. :(

Tiops

Guys, I'm going to describe what is being spoiled on Twitter without any spoilers ok? Just what the spoilers are. As a safe measure, I'm going to spoiler what's being spoiled lmao. Don't think it's necessary, but we have some spoiler sensitive people here.

Just as a heads up, the spoilers are
one of the endings and the last boss

Playing devils advocate, {let it be clear I loathe spoilers}, isn't censorship a far greater crime than the potential ruining of a bit of fun?

Let's just say without arguing that what Atlus is doing can be called censorship. Is the chosen recourse by the people upset an effective means of combating this censorship? Is it called for? Is it targeting the wrongdoer?

Personally, I don't think it meets any of these criteria and that's without repeating once again that a wrong against you should not justify a wrong back. I don't think the spoilers are a very serious matter in all honesty, I just don't think they are doing any good nor are they intended to do any good, and arguments to the contrary seem flimsy to me. Let's call this what it is: it's just people being petty and looking to hurt others.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Pretty shitty thing to do. Guess I'll have to avoid mentioning it period.

I dunno, I heard about this happening earlier this morning before the Atlus blog post went up.

I thought disabling of share features was known earlier than today?

styl3s

Well, I presume it's a protest about not being allowed to use the share features.
Spoiling people who have nothing to do with anything isn't a form of protest it's a form of being a piece of shit and this has been going on before this stuff came out. There is no defense for what people are doing if you want to protest it don't buy the game or complain to Atlus.

Top Bottom