• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Tweet P5 or Click Any Tweets

Jigorath

Banned
I'm pretty sure this has less to do with Atlus' policies and more to do with people being assholes on the internet.

MUnited83

For you.
Sorry, I don't know why I keep bothering. Doesn't matter how I phrase it, I come off as a fanboy, paid employee, when I choose not to get angered over something that won't affect my personal experience. When I try to stick up for innocent players getting hit by spoilers, the clear and logical conclusion is "wow look at this another atlus employee at it again". This community is very volatile.
Following the same logic, some people don't get angered by spoilers and it doesn't affect their personal experience either. Yet you don't seem to stick up for the innocent players getting hit by Atlus restrictions. Funny how that works.

Nauren

Let's just say without arguing that what Atlus is doing can be called censorship. Is the chosen recourse by the people upset an effective means of combating this censorship? Is it called for? Is it targeting the wrongdoer?

Personally, I don't think it meets any of these criteria and that's without repeating once again that a wrong against you should not justify a wrong back. I don't think the spoilers are a very serious matter in all honesty, I just don't think they are doing any good nor are they intended to do any good, and arguments to the contrary seem flimsy to me. Let's call this what it is: it's just people being petty and looking to hurt others.

Avoiding fallacies of relative privation on my part, I'd still say yes, it probably will be effective as far as streaming goes in the long run despite my personal opposition to the spoilers. You can't control information and I expect Atlus to probably detract this statement in the coming weeks. I'm spit balling, but time will tell lol.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Following the same logic, some people don't get angered by spoilers and it doesn't affect their personal experience either. Yet you don't seem to stick up for the innocent players getting hit by Atlus restrictions. Funny how that works.

Go ahead and continue to advocate spoiling fans out of spite, I'm not going to entertain this anymore.

RocBase

The twitter bot was going on before that streaming guideline bullshit. I'm sure it'll increase even more now, but let's not pretend people weren't willing to do this before.

Yeah, I mean this kind of shitty behavior has been going on in gaming for a long while now and sure as hell isn't exclusive to P5. Not really sure why people are immediately making this link to the Atlus stream ban, let alone how this is supposed to stick it to them.

Avoiding fallacies of relative privation on my part, I'd still say yes, it probably will be effective as far as streaming goes in the long run despite my personal opposition to the spoilers. You can't control information and I expect Atlus to probably detract this statement in the coming weeks. I'm spit balling, but time will tell lol.

It's unfortunate that if these policies are revoked we'll probably never know how much of a role this stream of intentional spoiling had on everything. I personally think that a little good old consumer backlash in the form of complaints will probably have more to do with it if that path is taken, but that's not based on any sort of expert insight so take that with a grain of salt.

Nauren

It's unfortunate that if these policies are revoked we'll probably never know how much of a role this stream of intentional spoiling had on everything. I personally think that a little good old consumer backlash in the form of complaints will probably have more to do with it if that path is taken, but that's not based on any sort of expert insight so take that with a grain of salt.

It could be a false equivalency on my part, but I sort of relate it how riots statistically incite change. I'm not black and white on the issue. I don't support the spoiling and I don't support the threats. I also don't have a better answer as to how to fix both sides. It just sucks in general.

MUnited83

For you.
Go ahead and continue to advocate spoiling fans out of spite, I'm not going to entertain this anymore.
Go ahead and continue to advocate Atlus taking down people's channel for using their own fucking game, just because you aren't affected by it. Very classy.

Ray Down

Banned
Sorry, I don't know why I keep bothering. Doesn't matter how I phrase it, I come off as a fanboy, paid employee, when I choose not to get angered over something that won't affect my personal experience. When I try to stick up for innocent players getting hit by spoilers, the clear and logical conclusion is "wow look at this another atlus employee at it again". This community is very volatile.

When you come across as a company shrill you get called out...shocking.

Note I more so talking about you in other threads.

styl3s

Go ahead and continue to advocate Atlus taking down people's channel for using their own fucking game, just because you aren't affected by it. Very classy.
Nobody here advocating the decision Atlus made are you even reading the replies? This is about assholes spoiling a game for people because they are assholes.

I don't think a single person on this forum is siding with Atlus on the streaming/video issue.

When you come across as a company shrill you get called out...shocking.
Not wanting to be spoiled now counts as being a company shrill.

The logic here is rock solid.

How is this Atlus's fault? Nearly all videogame releases with even a modicum of hype behind it get spoiled by trolls on the internet. It may be slightly worse because of the PR statement, but this was gonna happen regardless. People are extremely excited about this game, therefore idiots will spoil it.

MUnited83

For you.
Can one disapprove of both?
Sure. PAULINK doesn't seem to be doing that since all they do apparently is defending the decision. There is no defense for their decision.
Yeah, no. That's not what they're doing at all.
Uh, yes, it is.

(I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.
Absolutely goddamn disgusting, and much worse than people getting their JRPG spoiled.

Sure. PAULINK doesn't seem to be doing that since all they do apparently is defending the decision. There is no defense for their decision.

Uh, yes, it is.

Absolutely goddamn disgusting, and much worse than people getting their JRPG spoiled.

I'm Sorry dude, but no. A shitty company's policy is no excuse for another even shittier behaviour. People who have nothing to do with this are getting spoiled just because they are spreading their joy on Twitter for finally getting the game.

Top Bottom