• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm trilogy announced for PS4 [and PC/XB1]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably Xbox One when it comes to the West as well.

There's also another Naruto game that's actually new, but that will get its own thread momentarily.

Gematsu said:
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, due out on July 27 in Japan for 6,800 yen, includes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, as well as the downloadable content. Early purchases of the game will include a product code to watch the Boruto anime screened at Jump Special Anime Festa. Early purchases of the retail version will also include a folding screen-style poster.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/04/naruto-u...obi-striker-announced-ps4#tbtD6pvl1gSX5sO8.99

Whoa! Never played the other three so this is good news for me!

I wonder if with the DLC they'll include the ones that were preorder only and were never made available afterwards.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
But will all the DLC be included on the disc, and if so, will there be more DLC 'not' on the disc, nullifying the reason for a physical release in the first place?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I cannot wait to get to see if they spent time tonremaster the PS3 first chapter of the series, the one where they understood free roaming in a 3D city was enjoyable ;). The only problem with that art style was aliasing IMHO.

I assume that it's only a port, not a remaster?

Also, will the trilogy (combined with Storm 4) cover the whole story of the show ?

Twookie

Will buy if the games are running at 60fps :) the animation looks so nice but I don't think there's any point for me to buy these again if they're not 60fps
blink.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Oh man if this results on 1 and 2 coming to PC that would be amazing, especially if they make it 60fps like they did with 4

Sesha

About time. Too bad the
Wave Country and Killer Bee vs. Sasuke
arcs are stuck in Generations.

I assume that it's only a port, not a remaster?

Also, will the trilogy (combined with Storm 4) cover the whole story of the show ?

No to the second. See above.

bunkitz

No 4? Hmm, well, I suppose that actually works out well. I'll get Boruto then the trilogy so I can have it all. I miss 2 quite a bit, and I never got to play 1.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad that Generations won't be included in this.

Yeah, neither Generations nor UNS4. Generations is my fav one so that's a bummer.

Wished they had included Storm 4 as well. Would've been an instant buy for me.

No 4? Hmm, well, I suppose that actually works out well. I'll get Boruto then the trilogy so I can have it all. I miss 2 quite a bit, and I never got to play 1.

I think people are viewing this trilogy in the wrong manner. It is only meant as a way to bring last gen only games(1, 2 and 3) to current gen, not meant to be seen as some type of ultimate collection. Maybe that will come in the future but it's not this. Think of it as just another remastered collection, like how Rocksteady remastered the Arkham games.

bunkitz

I think people are viewing this trilogy in the wrong manner. It is only meant as a way to bring last gen only games(1, 2 and 3) to current gen, not meant to be seen as some type of ultimate collection. Maybe that will come in the future but it's not this. Think of it as just another remastered collection, like how Rocksteady remastered the Arkham games.

Ooh, yeah, good point. Silly me.

Now, if only they can bring back the left/right combos for the later games.

Wait, is this, like, HD-er? I didn't see "remaster" mentioned anywhere. Be a bit of a bummer if it wasn't.

BigEmil

I only like the first one for the free roam exploring like a open world game
Wish they could've expanded on that in the later sequels but they scrapped it into ones just goto a person in this small part

I only like the first one for the free roam exploring like a open world game
Wish they could've expanded on that in the later sequels but they scrapped it into ones just goto a person in this small part

Also after 1 the graphics kept getting downgraded and features/mechanics removed

Nice, always wanted to play the whole series, only was missing the first one. Waiting for the Xbox release on the west. I will wait for a discounted price, though.

Hopefully the collection comes to PC as well. Honestly, I find that this series to basically be the best way to experience Naruto at this point - generally a lot less fat, and a fuckton more style, even if the gameplay substance might leave something to be desired.

Also, it's astonishing how well the first game holds up to the rest despite being a PS2 game. I guess CC2 really nailed the visual look the first time around. It's really frustrating that Bamco never got them to make a Dragon Ball game - a CC2-developed DBZ game would be absolutely incredible.

LAA

Would like 1+2 on PC, but if not I don't mind getting on PS4.
Problem with PC though, they still havent fixed issues with 60fps on the PS4 version.
You can't do one of the challenges on the final boss in the boruto dlc at 60fps anyway.

This is great news!
After playing 4 for a good amount of time I almost imported the trilogy on PS3 but I'd much rather wait and be able to have it on PS4.

Piers

Can't you just get 4 and watch cutscenes of the previous lot on YT?
Given that 4 effectively has (mostly) the whole roster of the previous games.

inner-G

Banned
Cool

I really liked how you could run around Konoha and climb the buildings in the first one. (Didn't like collecting scrolls so much)

I hope this means new trophy lists for all the games. Would love to play through all these again.

Pretty much just waiting for Bandai Namco to tweet about this coming to the west at this point.

MUnited83

For you.
Hopefully the collection comes to PC as well. Honestly, I find that this series to basically be the best way to experience Naruto at this point - generally a lot less fat, and a fuckton more style, even if the gameplay substance might leave something to be desired.

Also, it's astonishing how well the first game holds up to the rest despite being a PS2 game. I guess CC2 really nailed the visual look the first time around. It's really frustrating that Bamco never got them to make a Dragon Ball game - a CC2-developed DBZ game would be absolutely incredible.

? The first one was PS3 game, not PS2.

Tagyhag

Very cool, especially if someone wants to experience the story.

But maaaaaaaan that's a lot of content, I mean, yeah it's great bang for your buck, but considering how basic the combat is in these games, you'll burn out quick if you play them all in succession.

Also, those cutscenes, lawd, had a 50~ minute cutscene in Ninja Storm 3 a few days ago.

Top Bottom