• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto x Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections launches in November 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
Naruto x Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections, the latest game in the long-running Ultimate Ninja Storm series, has officially been dated for worldwide launch on 17 November 2023. As a celebration of Naruto‘s history, it will spotlight a range of battles from across the entire series, with multiple story modes allowing players to revisit moments from the classic manga, as well as new tales inspired by sequel manga, Boruto.

One major story mode will take players on a journey through the many fights of rivals Naruto and Sasuke, while another, original story will introduce fresh characters and battles. Around 130 fighters are confirmed to appear in the game, with each sporting unique attacks and special moves.

On launch, Naruto x Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections will be released both digitally and physically, with a range of collector’s editions available. Here’s how the game will release:
  • Standard Edition – Includes the base game.
  • Deluxe Edition – Includes the base game, plus a Season Pass with five additional characters, and two special costumes.
  • Ultimate Edition – Includes the base game, plus the Season Pass, plus the Ultimate Bonus pack that includes five extra costumes, and two special accessories.
  • Collector’s Edition – Includes the base game, a steelbook case, Naruto and Sasuke figurines, and a collector’s box with a reversible inlay.
  • Premium Collector’s Edition – Includes everything from the Digital, Ultimate and Colelctor’s Editions, as well as six collectible cards, and a special scroll featuring original artwork.

Larxia

I'm still confused about what this game is.
Is the story reworked, is there more exploration? Or is it just a compilation of the already existing story modes from storm 1 2 3 4?

jorgejjvr

I'm still confused about what this game is.
Is the story reworked, is there more exploration? Or is it just a compilation of the already existing story modes from storm 1 2 3 4?
Looks like:

Recompilation of all stories 1-4
+ a new original Boruto story
But the big deal things are: better graphics, better framerate, more characters at launch and more after launch, and a lot of gameplay changes

Now if it has cross play it would be cherry on top

Larxia

Looks like:

Recompilation of all stories 1-4
+ a new original Boruto story
But the big deal things are: better graphics, better framerate, more characters at launch and more after launch, and a lot of gameplay changes

Now if it has cross play it would be cherry on top
Cross play would be great, but also even more importantly, rollback netcode would be the most important thing for online. The storm games are terrible online, there's so much lag, sometimes you play with a whole second of latency, it's almost unplayable.

Naruto desperately needs it’s own “DBZ: Kakarot”. Not in terms of quality, but in terms of ambition.

Ubisoft almost had it, then lost it.

Larxia

Naruto desperately needs it’s own “DBZ: Kakarot”. Not in terms of quality, but in terms of ambition.

Ubisoft almost had it, then lost it.
I would really love an open world Naruto game. But if possible with a more interesting world / more polished than Kakarot.

I really liked the free roam in Konoha in Storm 1, it was really fun to jump everywhere, run on rooftops etc, but they completely killed the exploration with the sequels, with only fixed camera angles and no more traversal abilities. Something like Storm 1, but improved and on a giant scale with the exterior of Konoha + other villages would be amazing.

I played all Storm titles, loved 2&4. Boruto is trash.
So maybe I will get this on a deep discount.
Online was always dead and really bad.

Top Bottom