• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon yellow joycon + battery pack extended announced

EloquentM

aka Mannny
These were also announced during direct...more here

2XJBzPO.jpg

SLnBwj8.jpg

Ultima_5

stoked to fall down the color variants rabbit hole that'll happen.

don't really understand the battery pack thing, these things already last forever

guessing it's a way to make them more comfortable for people with bigger hands with added functionality so it's worth the price

MarkusRJR

In the picture where they're attached to the Switch they look highlighter yellow, but in the box photos they look pale yellow. Which is it? :|

nubbe

I'm excited about the battery packs, will probably make the Joycons feel much better to hold in free form mode

Ultima_5

guessing it's a way to make them more comfortable for people with bigger hands with added functionality so it's worth the price

javac

I feel that the real intention of the battery is to make the joy con itself more ergonomic and comfortable.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I get probably 10 to 15 hours out of my Joycons. I'd definitely prefer the 80 hours (or more) that the Wii U Pro Controller gets.

Atheerios

Never a concern. Probably the reason of its existence is just to provide a better grip for ARMS, and they decided to throw some batteries on it because why not.

Platy

Theoretically it also extent the switch battery life since it does not have to ALSO charge the joycons in handheld mode

And we all know how "switch battery sux" was the number 1 complain about the system when it was revealed

marrec

Banned

Yep, looks like a way to add girth and weight while also giving more battery. Win-win for people who want a more substantial controller.

Jackano

The Pro controller battery life cover all my needs.

I'm not sure about those extra power pack. It's better than nothing for those who needed more on the go, especially because you can't change the OEM main battery.
But it's still part of the usual bunch of crazy/dumb/overpriced Nintendo accessories.

In the picture where they're attached to the Switch they look highlighter yellow, but in the box photos they look pale yellow. Which is it? :|

My blue joycons don't really look like the same color as the picture on the box, either. I'd assume the physical ones they showed were accurate.

If the battery packs aren't overly expensive (like more than $10 each), I might grab a pair if it makes the separate JoyCons more comfortable to hold.

mlclmtckr

Banned

Agreed, we've seen a lot of people on gaf wishing for a more substantial and comfortable joycon. I think that's the draw here.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thankfully they are dirt cheap, but come on Nintendo. You can't include the colored straps with the controllers?

upandaway

Does the Pro Controller (/new batches) still have the dpad problem? If so I might get the extenders for the added grip, vanilla joycons aren't very comfortable

Top Bottom