• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Quantic Dream is working on at least 2 unannounced projects

Turkoop

Banned
Thanks to a QD Fansite
https://twitter.com/qdream_ru/status/853973969090871298

C9nsn3sWsAAbN2v.jpg

C9nsn3xWsAEHaPw.jpg

I guess the studio has grown up the last few years. Now developing three project means, Sony trusts QD.

Desmond

I wonder if Sony have ever tabled an offer for the studio? If I recall, all their mocap is done in-house, they have their own equipment etc.

Great! Perfect. I'll never get tired of Quantic Dream games. Anxiously waiting for Detroit to come out.

They should do a straight up horror/slasher game, the DLC for Heavy Rain was so great and scary.

Hexa

So at E3 we can expect Sucker Punch's game and Quantic Dream's second project?

Sony publishes too many damn games lol.

I doubt they'll reveal it before Detroit is out unless it's something small. If it's big, I'd expect it at whatever event follows the release of Detroit.

JlNX

What makes us think these are two separate projects? especially given the size of the studio and the level of fidelity they pursue. More likely to be one project.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Curious to see who the publisher will be for future projects. Their deal with Sony ends after Detroit. Wonder if it'll be renewed or if they'll work with someone else on a multiplatform title.

jennetics

Beyond Two Souls sequel, please!

Beyond Two Souls Too.

Also, I'd rather they didn't. B2S was, imo, a sloppy mess of a game that, while really pretty, had almost nothing interesting going for it. If it even closely resembled Heavy Rain in its storytelling, I would have a much different take on the game but the game I got was a boring and pointlessly scatterbrained attempt at being artsy with its timeline. If they do decide to go forward with this universe, get rid of Ellen Page because I think she added nothing to the story.

I am probably in the minority, I know. Don't hate me, jwk94!

I think both (or more ?) projects are still in pre-production. Maybe there's an AAA-PSVR Game in development.

Yeah, looking at the nature of what work is mentioned in the OP, it sounds like they're just doing pre-production work for stuff that may not be in full development yet. Just ensuring they have stuff to potentially work with, pitch, etc. once Detroit is done?

BigEmil

I think two will be PS4 exclusive while one is multi-platform. Sony doesn't own Quantic Dream but they're like a second party

I would be shocked if they dont try a episodic telltale-ish game in the future.

Also its the end of their 3 game Sony deal with Detroit so START YOUR RUMOR ENGINES!!!

Heavy Rain 2: Heavier Rain. It takes place in Japan but everyone still inexplicably speaks with a thick French accent and every character's dialogue will be written similarly to the French exchange student from Persona 3. Also, despite its problems I love Heavy Rain just FYI.

FelipeMGM

Also its the end of their 3 game Sony deal with Detroit so START YOUR RUMOR ENGINES!!!

IDK, the description makes it sound its exclusive stuff still

The description says: ''Created outlines, treatments, scripts and game design documents for unannounced Quantic Dream projects on PlayStation 4. ''

sackninja

IDK, the description makes it sound its exclusive stuff still

The description says: ''Created outlines, treatments, scripts and game design documents for unannounced Quantic Dream projects on PlayStation 4. ''

Yeah, definitely sounds like it is still ps4 exclusive.

kpaadet

Curious to see who the publisher will be for future projects. Their deal with Sony ends after Detroit. Wonder if it'll be renewed or if they'll work with someone else on a multiplatform title.
What deal? The deal to publish Detroit? I mean of course the publishing deal will end after Detroit is released.

I would be legitimately shocked if they ever went multiplatform unless there's something weird going on behind the scenes with them. I could see maybe a PC release with Sony console exclusivity, but Sony gives them such a platform as basically a 2nd party that I can't see them giving that up. They're certainly never going to get a better deal elsewhere.

Harmen

I hope for a horror/thriller esque title. Both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls were at their best during the more creepy parts and Until Dawn has shown it has market potential, by doing well without any proper marketing.

I also hope they take a good look at what Until Dawn and Life is Strange added to the interactive film/series genre (though I think QD also has some elements where the others can learn from as well).

I believe they were on a 3-exclusive titles contract with Sony, as was From.

I don't think this is true, I can't find anything about a contract. Just Quantic saying that they will keep working with Sony. Seems to me that they can go multiplatform whenever they want to.

Fahrenheit 2: Celsius. Get ready for this city to heat up!

Heavy Rain 2: Golden Showers. Help Nahmen Jayden and Jaaason! track down a new serial killer who drowns his victims in urine called the Piss Artist.

The Dark Sorcerer. Play as Dirk D. Dark, ladies' man and trainee sorcerer as he tries to balance working for the most grumpy and notorious sorcerer ever with trying to score in massage parlours and creepy clubs in this hilarious 1980s sex comedy.

2 Beyond 2 Souls. Ellen Page and her ghost have to infiltrate a gang of street racers to take down their boss and drug trafficker, Americano Ortiz. As a side plot she goes to some language and speech therapy lessons to learn how to pronounce 'Aiden' properly.

So they might be in the process of either branching out to new publisher/self publish or developing more titles for Sony.

Will be interesting to see what ends up happening.

Top Bottom