• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Quantic Dream is working on at least 2 unannounced projects

Boke1879

Hmmm. Detroit is no doubt the big AAA game.

I can't see them working on two more of them alongside this game. I wonder if one of them is a smaller maybe episodic game?

They'll no doubt be branching out once their three-game exclusivity deal with Sony ends after Detroit, so it makes sense for them to have other projects being prepped right now.

KAOz

Short bus special
They'll no doubt be branching out once their three-game exclusivity deal with Sony ends after Detroit, so it makes sense for them to have other projects being prepped right now.

Where is this 3 game deal coming from? I can't find a single source of it.

AudioEppa

I still have HR and B2S in my backlog yet to be played. But from how much I liked indigo prophecy, I'm sure they're going to be great. I'm really looking forward to Detroit this year or next. I love the direction quantic dream takes with video games. Hopefully they're working relationship with Sony is a long lasting one, maybe even becoming part of word wide studios one day.

Someone probably confusing them for thatgamecompany or something. That was the highest profile 3 game deal I can think of.

I read back a very long time ago before Heavy Rain came out that they had a 3 game deal in place, but things could well have changed since then. Cage has intimated more than once that he's happy working with Sony and would even consider becoming first-party if the opportunity arose.

addik

So, this definitely means that on the writing side, at least, Detroit is pretty much done. There are still probably a few loose ends to wrap, and a few minor revisions here and there, but all major scenes and plot points should be covered. I'm guessing the next few months would be finishing up its gameplay and QA.

I wonder if they are going multi next time, or if they are sticking with Sony. IIRC, Quantic Dreams is also a vfx studio so they don't need to start another game project right away.

--EDIT: checked the site to see if they had some of their vfx portfolio because I came across something like that during their pre-Heavy Rain days. It's all gone, but their official sitr says they are working on several projects on the PS4

Maybe they'll return to the fake wizard fantasy TV show concept.

It's still pretty disturbing that QD hasn't released a game in 4 years.

What are the chances they go multi platform? Nothing stopping them right except for finances?

Curious to see who the publisher will be for future projects. Their deal with Sony ends after Detroit. Wonder if it'll be renewed or if they'll work with someone else on a multiplatform title.

Yeah I'm wondering this as well.

NewDust

Heavy rain (2010) sprouted from "The Casting" tech demo (which I honestly think is the best QD ever did) from E3 2006.

Detroit is what originated as the "Kara" tech demo from 2012. But that was originally intended for PS3, so it's not that strange that we haven't had a QD game yet on PS4. And Quantic Dream has never been known for their "fast" development. They now have existed for 20 years and only released 4 games.

They also have never done a sequel...

woolie.gif

Loomer

I don't think this is true, I can't find anything about a contract. Just Quantic saying that they will keep working with Sony. Seems to me that they can go multiplatform whenever they want to.

I remember some folks mentioning it on GAF around Detroit's reveal, but maybe I'm just cnfused, I may very well have mistakenly grouped the FROM and QD partnerships though, my bad if that's the case.

Thorrgal

I don't think they will branch out...they way the market is makes more sense for them to keep working with Sony

Top Bottom