• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farpoint VR Story Trailer

Looks awesome. Really looking forward to this.

The other male character is nowhere to be seen in the rest of the trailer, it would really be a shame if he died after the opening sequence and the female character became a love interest, that would be too cliche.

Aside from the faces being a bit stiff, it looks better than I expected! Better than the PSX build as well. Gotta lock down my bundle...

Tayaya

I got in on this when Amazon put the Aim bundle up last week for $60. So far they have not cancelled my order but it seems like they did for all Canadian customers.

Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come for the US customers!

The devs said it's only 4-6 hours long but as long as they are a fun 4-6 hours I am totally OK with that length. Also there's a co-op challenge mode which could be fun!

MattAces

Aside from the faces being a bit stiff, it looks better than I expected! Better than the PSX build as well. Gotta lock down my bundle...

Variety of location, enemies and improved texture on the ships/metal pieces.
Faces are the only negative thing here, but come on, it's all about shooting the aliens.

I heard somewhere that you can only move forward, back, and strafe left to right. Interesting way to get around the front facing camera limitation. Still gives you a decent amount of freedom I guess.

Looks awesome. Really looking forward to this.

The other male character is nowhere to be seen in the rest of the trailer, it would really be a shame if he died after the opening sequence and the female character became a love interest, that would be too cliche.

I believe you are the male character.

EDIT: Actually I don't think that's the case listening to an interview. Pretty sure you're a third person.

Wow, this looks really cool; definitely pleasantly surprised. Are there any impressions of what it's like to play this without the gun controller though? Not sure if I want that just for this game.

MattAces

Wow, this looks really cool; definitely pleasantly surprised. Are there any impressions of what it's like to play this without the gun controller though? Not sure if I want that just for this game.

There's a reason why the game was demonstrated using Aim controller and being the flagship game for that controller. I would imagine it plays like a standard fps (like RE7) without it though, which absolutely defeats the purpose of playing this game. Honestly if this game isn't VR, I wouldn't even consider it. But being VR and playing it with a gun peripheral, sold.

WITHE1982

Looks a lot more interesting with some story context wrapped around it.

Not really feeling the whole; "Survivors Keep Moving" bit. Seemed a bit corny and tagged on.

Anyway, as long as they're readily available I'll end up grabbing this at launch with an Aim Controller to play it with.

I'm really looking forward to the game but the people in the game suffer from something I'm now calling Mass Effect face. I hope most of the story is done via radio.

kennyamr

Wow, it looked awesome.

I've been waiting for something else besides Resident Evil so this may be the time for me to buy a PSVR.

VERY nice trailer.

Lagamorph

I've got too much on my backlog for this at the moment, just finished Mass Effect, just started Horizon Zero Dawn and then got Persona 5 to get through, so I'm pushing back picking this up.
Hopefully by the time I can get to it, probably around July time, the game and Aim controller will have come down in price a little anyway.

From the line "800,000 light years from Earth" it sounds like this is taking place in either the Leo 1 or Canes Venatici I Dwarf/Satellite Galaxies.

ArmageddB

I got in on this when Amazon put the Aim bundle up last week for $60. So far they have not cancelled my order but it seems like they did for all Canadian customers.

Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come for the US customers!

The devs said it's only 4-6 hours long but as long as they are a fun 4-6 hours I am totally OK with that length. Also there's a co-op challenge mode which could be fun!

Oh really!? Wow, that's really short for $100 CAD.

Changed my opinion on this. Day one. Multiplayer co-op is icing on the cake and will add some replay value once the story stuff is done. + challenge mode sounds like a sweet extra.

Is multiplayer just an option to complete the campaign in co-op with someone else? Or is it actually different content?

iratA

Changed my opinion on this. Day one. Multiplayer co-op is icing on the cake and will add some replay value once the story stuff is done. + challenge mode sounds like a sweet extra.

Those faces are scarier then the enemys. Gameplay looks good but the dialog seems rough.

"Were 800 light years from earth"
*let me point in the direction*

Voice acting seems pretty decent. That was honestly the only thing that impressed me though. I know you PSVR dudes are itching for a good action fps, hopefully it's not a letdown.

iratA

Already got my gun preordered. I hope it gets more use than this game.

There's already another studio with announced support for the the PSVR AIM, Wilde something or other (it looks like a pretty cool arcade shooter). Hopefully more support on the way.

ryseing

Looks a lot more interesting with some story context wrapped around it.

Not really feeling the whole; "Survivors Keep Moving" bit. Seemed a bit corny and tagged on.

I actually think that's an awesome tagline- one of the better ones in recent memory. The lady saying it was kinda dumb though haha.

$60 for the bundle is too good to pass up. Might end up getting a Pro for it as well if the differences are substantial.

This looks... More in-depth than I was expecting. Pleasant surprise, as I've played it, and the gameplay is definitely fun.

Wollan

And *pre-ordered* (w/Aim controller).

Looking like a real nice pick-up-and-play VR adventure.
It has the same slow pace free-form movement that worked great in RE7 though with 1:1 hand/gun control.

The game itself looks like a lot of fun but I'm not sure about the characters and dialogue. Also I don't think that song fits real well.

MattAces

There's already another studio with announced support for the the PSVR AIM, Wilde something or other (it looks like a pretty cool arcade shooter). Hopefully more support on the way.
Already got my gun preordered. I hope it gets more use than this game.

Dick Wilde, an arcade cartoon shooter and Brookhaven Experiment (released) zombie shooter will support them. Apparently Sony has some in house developers working on games utilizing it too. So at least 5 titles I would say.

Top Bottom