• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emu-age : Doplhin (GC emu) x64/Dual Core BETA (56k nono)

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
First :

Right now it only works on 64 bits CPU with a 64 bits OS
No release date or anything

In any case, Dolphin in 64-bit dual core mode now also does 25-30 fps in Wind Waker on some Core 2 Duo monster machines.. 13-15 on my 3800+ X2.
Zelda TP has no FPS on it due to a draw layer problem, however, in single core mode it runs 11-13 FPS. (dual core causes problems for this game, though it would add and extra 3-4 FPS on my machine for this game)
Don't worry, there will still be 32-bit builds of Dolphin. They won't be quite as fast as the 64-bit ones, but at least they will be faster than current Dolphin versions.

That's the price you have to pay if you wanna stay in 32-bit land

http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-forum/82697-dolphin-x64-dual-core-announced.html

http://www.emutalk.net/dolphin/39432-dolphin-x64-dual-core-beta-screenshot-warning-56ks.html

Some screens

Archive with more screens http://www.sendspace.com/file/3vje0a

Lobster

Banned
I never knew the rom for TP was released 0_o Or..I seriously don't know whats going on..

On the forum the OP said it ran at like 14fps...

Lobster

Banned
Yeah its a bit late (early lol) in the morning...things not processing well.TP looks very smooth in the pics.

usea

farnham said:
wow starfox assault looks decent.. i might buy that game...
Not sure if that was a joke or not, but it was a decent game. I beat it on a rental, but I rarely bother to finish games so that's something at least. It's definitely not nearly as good as starfox 64 was, but it's decent.

Does it even support the actual disc media? (can normal dvd drives even hold them?) It might be slightly more convenient to play titles via emulator than on the wii, once the emulation gets good enough.

NotWii

Banned
usea said:
Does it even support the actual disc media? (can normal dvd drives even hold them?)
Normal DVD Drives can definitely hold 8cm discs, but they have no way to read the data.

Wii said:
Normal DVD Drives can definitely hold 8cm discs, but they have no way to read the data.
You can buy rewiteable 8cm cd's and dvd's... just that the cube data is not readable from a cube disk yet.

NotWii

Banned
Diablohead said:
You can buy rewiteable 8cm cd's and dvd's... just that the cube data is not readable from a cube disk yet.
Yah, that's what I meant.

I should've made it more clear in my post though :S

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
hmmmm.....

X2 4200+ check
XP 64-bit check
ATI 800XL video card check

might have to mosey on over and check this out :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
farnham said:
wow starfox assault looks decent.. i might buy that game...

Do yourself a favor and don't. They sullied the starfox name with this game. It doesn't hold a candle to Starfox 64 and it isn't really good.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Seriously, if they can get a GCN emulator running well, then I can't imagine making the jump to Wii being that much more difficult, especially with the blue tooth drivers for the Wiimote. Maybe we'll get some decent Wii emulation sooner than normal :)

I'm kinda surprised that they're not targeting the PS3 for this one. The CPU could be handled with a instruction filter (pass along everything but the SIMD instructions - for those do some conversion so that it matches altivec-128) and then do the graphics via HLE. They should be able do do full speed emulation there. I'm also surprised that GC emulation never took off on the Mac for much the same reasons.

Top Bottom