• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 4 Figures reveals Crash Bandicoot & Spyro statue plans

SNURB

First 4 Figures announces partnership with Activision and will be developing Crash Bandicoot and "Classic" Spyro the Dragon statues. Yes, the original Spyro the Dragon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBqdNMKUFbQ

Other classic game franchises the company has worked on in the past are Sonic The Hedgehog, Legend Of Zelda, Kirby, Mega Man, Castlevania, Pac-Man and many others.

Do you think this is a sign of Spyro remakes to come? I dunno but this is awesome news regardless.
.eJwVzMsNwyAMANBdGAAbnI-VbRBBhCrUCLunqru31bu_t3vN2x3uMht6AJxNs8zTq8lMtfgqUu-SRlOfpUMyS_nq5WkKgQlD5D3scf3ZAgLhihxpWbZIhMyI0Pq_eYzqPl-7eSGr.JZD8hYVQk2Q6C3-Qf8-RDD879AY

Nicky Ali

It's so weird to hear those sound effects being associated with Activision, but oh well this is the world we live in now.

This sounds cool though and I can't wait to see what the Crash one looks like.

Is that guy part of this company who slipped out and confirmed Crash was coming back about a year ago before it was officially confirmed or was that someone else?

Pizza

Put all of spyro's friends into skylanders or the trash

Edit: meaning, spyro 1 was the best and I want more or a remake

ZarKryn7

I wanted Activision at the very least to make a classic Spyro figurine for Skylanders prior to this announcement. I'm glad First4Figures are giving a damn to make one since Activision themselves won't.

Yarbskoo

Please god tell me that's going to be a smaller cheaper one like the BotW figure and not one of their massive overpriced bullshit statues.

The team that made the Uncharted remasters posted a job stating they're working on "another remake to please the masses," so I think it's likely that Spyro is coming.

SNURB

The team that made the Uncharted remasters posted a job stating they're working on "another remake to please the masses," so I think it's likely that Spyro is coming.

I think Acti would rather have one of their own studios handle the remakes like Crash.

But hey I could be wrong.

Yarbskoo

I hoped they'd learned the value of PVC after BotW Link, but all their newer stuff is still just as ridiculously expensive.

Guess I'll be passing on these. It's a shame, I'd like to have a classic Spyro figure that didn't come out of a happy meal.

5taquitos

I don't think Bluepoint would be the studio chosen to do a Spyro remaster, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

KevinG

I would legitimately go nuts for the current Crash! treatment happening for Spyro.

That was my game as a kid. I'd played the classics like Mario and Zelda, but my Playstation was the first "new" console I ever owned.

Yukinari

Spyro and Crash getting high quality merchandise and possibly collections is the best thing they could do to revive interest.

Top Bottom