• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League 2 wishlist

M.W.

Obviously Rocket League is a phenomenon now and there's no doubt a sequel is in the works.

So, what do you fanatics want to see in the sequel?

I gotta say, being able to set up an actual Rocket League with 30+ teams with fully customizable team colors, wheels, paint, etc...all stats tracked through the season...all online of course would be amazing. Add in league leaders, weekly MVP's, league MVP's...hnnnggg

In-game tourney's would be pretty rad.

I do hope it doesn't take until a sequel is released, but cross-platform parties would be awesome

I wonder if they'll do a "Rocket League 2" in a few years, but just take the game to UE4 (or 5 if it exists by then) with some extra goodies

PepperedHam

Obviously Rocket League is a phenomenon now and there's no doubt a sequel is in the works.

So, what do you fanatics want to see in the sequel?

I gotta say, being able to set up an actual Rocket League with 30+ teams with fully customizable team colors, wheels, paint, etc...all stats tracked through the season...all online of course would be amazing. Add in league leaders, weekly MVP's, league MVP's...hnnnggg
Man some kind of online season system would be the absolute bomb. You've got me all hype for something we may never see, damn you.

And also yeah in response to those saying it doesn't need a sequel yet, obviously that's true, though it's fun to speculate what type of features only a sequel can bring. While they can keep going as a service there will be things that won't realistically be able to be thrown in on top of what's already there and with the time and money a sequel would get. It's fun to dream.

Piers

Admittedly, I'd love to see some sort of simple race game mode. But I know that'll clash a lot with the core game and understandably would risk side tracking too many people.
But the handling just feels so good.

It'll be 2 years come July.

It's a multiplayer game, one based on gameplay and not graphics. This isn't like Battlefield where they need a new one every 2 years because after awhile people get tired of the shitty gameplay and need a new prettier version to distract them for a bit.

You don't see a League of Legends 2 or Dota 3 being made for good reason

bender

What time is it?
I wish they'd create an account system houses all your stats and unlocks that you could tie other platform accounts to and sync across.

Machina

Banned
What can they improve upon, really? Visuals? Not necessary. Just keep updating the main game and get that fucking server lag sorted out

v1lla21

Update the graphics is pretty much all I would want. I don't think the game needs a second part but they definitely got to roll out updates more often and provide more content as well. I'd kill for them to have a better community component within the game such as making clubs where you can join and stuff.

Giever

I don't think they should make a Rocket League 2. Maybe drop a bigger update once a year and make it "Season 2" or something like that.

MindofKB

Rocket League is the sequel.

Like DotA 2, they should just continue to update the game and add content to it. As is, the game has lots of potential for eSports growth and sales are still very strong. There's no reason to screw up a good thing by releasing a whole new game.

Atomski

I wish for them to stick with what we got.. keep adding and fixing stuff. We don't need a sequal to split the player base.

Laieon

Throw me in the "Stick with Rocket League and just continue to update it" club. Don't see any reason why a Rocket League 2 is needed when they can just add new cars, game modes, and stadiums to the existing RL.

Wouldn't mind a career mode where the parts have stats and aren't just there to look pretty (don't want this online though, keep it the way it is). I'd like to start with a terrible car and work my way up to a great one.

bbd23

why do they need to make a sequel?

they can just keep designing new maps/cars and thats all they need to do.

SpacLock

Don't lose sleep over it, OP.

Rocket League is not getting a sequel anytime soon, if ever.

They've basically already released the sequel -- and it's phenomenal.

I made a shitty Rocket League clone in unity for a class of mine, and I put in zero gravity. Also, I had traps that you could set, such as press a button, and a large obstacle spawned behind you to bother enemies on your tail.

jjonez18

I don't know man. I see this as an evergreen type game. Just frequent updates. Its pretty much got a monopoly in the space too. No other game compares.

Perona

Pretty sure they plan on just updating rocket league for the forseeable future. The game has just been gaining more players over time.

Atomski

Admittedly, I'd love to see some sort of simple race game mode. But I know that'll clash a lot with the core game and understandably would risk side tracking too many people.
But the handling just feels so good.
Would make a good arcade racer or stunt game. They could totally just make that paid dlc though.

I wish more console gamers would be open to eveegreen games. We don't always have to be jumping to sequals or the next big thing.

I don't want a sequel but the thing i want most in the current one is a better spectator mode.
Spectate friends, replay your last ten matches, be able to watch RLCS in game(with drops) or random high level matches happening live.

This would make me very happy.

Nozem

There's no reason they can't put this into the current game.

this is some serious outdated mentality

"obviously a sequel is in the works" no??? that's not how shit works now. Rocket League "1" is going for as long as it's profitable

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
i doubt that a sequel is in the works.

I think they are treating it more like lol and csgo, keeping the playerbase strong and connected and milking the case cow.

Eventually there will be a sequel somewhere down the line but i think its still a few years away.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
They've spent a long time perfecting the formula, it would be a regression in their eyes to add more superflous rules to the game. The only things I would like to see can be patched in:

• Better spectator mode - let us watch high level games and friends, the way Dota does it.
  • Online seasons
  • Steam Marketplace support for items - I know they purposely avoided it, but I think it would be healthier for the players rather than "relying" on shitty google doc sheets.
  • Better matchmaking based on player skill rather than player rank.
  • Unified platform play - the players shouldnt be able to tell if people are on different platforms.

Top Bottom