• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo making more Switch exclusives, will deliver Switch games one after another

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-wont-be-koei-tecmos-only-switch-exclusive-game/

Koei Tecmo has even more plans for Switch in the future. At a financial results briefing this week, chairman Keiko Erikawa noted that the company's multiplatform engine has Switch embedded, meaning it can generate PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch titles automatically from a single source. Erikawa also spoke positively about Switch's ”anytime anywhere" concept and believes it will be successful, so they'll to continue support it.

Koei Tecmo is already working on Switch exclusive title(s) other than Fire Emblem Warriors. Also, they'll deliver Switch games one after another.

Huge thanks to Mpl90 in my other thread for the find!

Umm, WOW, solid dedication from KT, odd timing with my thread also! :p

Zedark

Looking forward to seeing what games they are producing for Switch, FE Warriors is on my wish list already.

Kouriozan

I'm glad Hyrule Warriors 2 isn't releasing this year, give them time to add Breath of the Wild characters.
Also I need it!

OTHER switch exclusives imply that FE Warriors is a switch exclusive.

3DS version cancelled?

*Sigh*, no. It's either a translation issue or they meant exclusive in the sense of "Nintendo Exclusive".

It'll be Other M 2 and you'll all love it

A metroid musou would be something though. Here's Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit samus, and then a bunch of characters that nobody cares about. Yay.

Koei Tecmo has even more plans for Switch in the future. At a financial results briefing this week, chairman Keiko Erikawa noted that the company’s multiplatform engine has Switch embedded, meaning it can generate PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch titles automatically from a single source.

Wait, does this mean that going forward their PC ports might be better? So far they've been very hit-or-miss (iirc one or two have been good, a bunch of them are a mix of ps4/ps3 textures for the game, and some are framerate/resolution locked).

Zalman

I'd like to see more Nintendo Warriors games. Even a Hyrule Warriors deluxe version would be cool, although I assume the team will be busy with Fire Emblem for some time now.

I'm personally looking forward to more JRPGs. Atelier please! :D They opened a 20'th Anniversary site, so maybe they're prepping a 20th Anniversary title and maybe it will be on Switch also?

A Fatal Frame remaster/collection of some sort would be awesome. Hyrule Warriors 2 is basically inevitable, and FE Warriors is probably going to be supported for a pretty good amount of time too. Then there's Dynasty Warriors 9 which could be a multiplat since it doesn't actually have a platform announced, and a Dead or Alive of some kind. All things considered, KT really have shaped up to be an impressive Nintendo collaborator.

Azuardo

At this moment in time I would take a DOA5 port just so I can train anywhere with it. I think DOA6 is less likely unless they downgraded it a bit, but I would still take an inferior port for sure.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hyrule Warriors 2, PLEASE

More Fatal Frame games? Yes, please!

I would love both

the fact that they already announced dragon quest I/II (developed by Omega force), Fire emblem warriors, Night of azure 2, Romance of the three kingdom and nobunaga ambition and still just confirmed that their in house engine has been made compatible with switch put these confirmation under an even brighter light

jonno394

I wonder if they'll do something like an ar no surge port?

Good to hear more exclusives and general koei support coming though!

Edit - where is the "more exclusives" bit actually coming from?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This thread is about exclusives.

Oh. I thought it was about the entire comment which noted that their internal engine is fully compatible with Switch. Buy anyways, carry on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Doubt they are already working on HW2 or Nintendo greenlighted it before FEW is done. Expect them to be talking about something else... Hope it's Fatal Frame related.

A Fatal Frame remaster/collection of some sort would be awesome. Hyrule Warriors 2 is basically inevitable, and FE Warriors is probably going to be supported for a pretty good amount of time too. Then there's Dynasty Warriors 9 which could be a multiplat since it doesn't actually have a platform announced, and a Dead or Alive of some kind. All things considered, KT really have shaped up to be an impressive Nintendo collaborator.

i would like them to release some dynasty warriors/ other musous (one piece etc.) as well. there are so many of them and none of them are released on nintendo platforms.
It'll be Other M 2 and you'll all love it

tbh id love team ninja to tackle metroid again. other m had a strong foundation. the combat and traversal gameplay itself was really good imho.

Buggy Loop

Wishlist?

I want HD remake of this. NG:B portable

ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg

Top Bottom