• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo making more Switch exclusives, will deliver Switch games one after another

I wonder if they'll do something like an ar no surge port?

Good to hear more exclusives and general koei support coming though!

Edit - where is the "more exclusives" bit actually coming from?

bolded line in OP:

Koei Tecmo is already working on Switch exclusive title(s) other than Fire Emblem Warriors. Also, they’ll deliver Switch games one after another.

jonno394

bolded line in OP:

I know that, i mean where are they (the website) getting that info from. Sources are wsj tweets and i can't translate them using Google on my phone atm

Edit - second tweet apparently, but unsure if it's quoting the koei guy, but great if accurate.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, if it was made with their internal engine it should work.

It depends on whether Sony has a special partnership for the game or not, i.e. if it's exclusive for reasons indipendent from mere technical matters; remember that the game was announced on a Sony-sponsored livestream, so I can see it a possibility. Aside from DW9, other games (including other Musou games) sound like good guesses to me: the fact they've already announced games like NoA2 and NA:T is a good sign.

Shouldn't it be that they're making Switch exclusive, rather than they're making more? Since they haven't got any Switch exclusive games planned thus far that I'm aware of.

Anyway, unsurprising news given how they supported Vita. I'm fully expecting them to continue what they started on that console which is multi-plat musou; any experiments they do like bringing back Deception or making Toukiden, plus all of Gust's stuff. Just makes too much sense considering all the extra sales they picked up from it in the past.

oti

Banned
what if.... what if Musou games become really popular in the West thanks to the Switch

are we ready to live in such a reality?

Epcott

New Ninja Gaiden trilogy (crosses fingers)

But seriously, this is great news! I have faith they'll bring the big guns, and hopefully more original IPs like Nioh.

sensui-tomo

You're not confident on the performance of a game we've seen next to nothing of?

I'm not confident when KT couldnt get Warriors Orochi 3 hyper to run well(hell it was the second worst version of the game next to the vita version of Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate) on the wii-u. Games exclusive to the nintendo line should run okay, anything thats on another console has shown to run better on other platforms (DQ heroes falls here too in terms of shit ports on their console)

Oregano

I'm not confident when KT couldnt get Warriors Orochi 3 hyper to run well(hell it was the second worst version of the game next to the vita version of Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate) on the wii-u. Games exclusive to the nintendo line should run okay, anything thats on another console has shown to run better on other platforms (DQ heroes falls here too in terms of shit ports on their console)

I don't disagree because Koei Tecmo is a terrible developer but I don't know why there would be anything specific to DW9 in that regard. Especially not enough to make them skip the system altogether considering the state of some of their Vita releases.

Wishlist?

I want HD remake of this. NG:B portable
ninja-gaiden-sigma-Plus_ver_PSVITA_US_ESRB.jpg
unlike sigma 2 its actually quite good

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Looks like the flood of Japanese games are starting to happen :D

Atelier, Dead or Alive, Musou, Ninja Gaiden, Fatal Frame, make it happen.

TreIII

Make a musou with the Smash cast!

On one hand, I could see this being a possible "end game", after they've made Musou games for every major Nintendo franchise, first. Once the groundwork has been laid, give them the "Orochi" treatment and make for a proper "Nintendo All Stars Musou".

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd be kind of surprised if there wasn't a Hyrule Warriors Complete Edition with all the DLC that game had.

They can throw in some Breath of the Wild content as well a la the added Battle Mode stuff in Mario Kart.

I think Nintendo would want a lot of improvements to let them call something Hyrule Warriors 2, probably at least on the scale of Dynasty Warriors 9, and I'm not sure Koei Tecmo is capable of delivering that anytime soon.

On one hand, I could see this being a possible "end game", after they've made Musou games for every major Nintendo franchise, first. Once the groundwork has been laid, give them the "Orochi" treatment and make for a proper "Nintendo All Stars Musou".

A "Nintendo Musou Cinematic Universe" if you will. :p

Hcoregamer00

Why not man? There are fans of musou games and they sell. Not like you have to buy them.

I personally would like DOA or Ninja Gaiden, ninjas on the go sound great.

I would like the GUST stuff, while they would be less exclusive and more "multiplatform," it is a huge vote of confidence to have the switch get date and day releases of the Atelier games, while having the last bunch get enhanced ports. Also ports of DoA 6 and Xtreme 3 would probably sell really well on the switch.

RM8

DOA talk: I guess it's not really an obstacle and we had DOA on 3DS, but DOA5 really went nuts with the fanservice and I can see Nintendo being uncomfortable with that.

Hcoregamer00

Fatal Frame for sure.

It would also be nice to go into the past games and release them.

Portable Fatal frame 2 would be sweet, they don't even need a USA release (though a USA release would be nice) since switch is region free.

DOA talk: I guess it's not really an obstacle and we had DOA on 3DS, but DOA5 really went nuts with the fanservice and I can see Nintendo being uncomfortable with that.

Nintendo stopped giving a crap about censoring third parties since GameCube.

The 3DS is home of the Senran Kagura series for goodness sakes.

EDarkness

As long as the game isn't rated AO, they're good with anything.

Hcoregamer00

Other M 2 confirmed.

Koei Tecmo has much larger breadth of games than just musou and crappy metroid games
( ゚д゚)

As long as the game isn't rated AO, they're good with anything.

Yep, Nintendo is much more carefree about nudity and swearing on their platform. What you can get away with on the Sony and MS platforms is the same stuff you can get away with in Nintendo.

EDarkness

All this pathetic game being asked.

Where is the Uncharted Waters fans? There should be dozens of us here.T_T

Could they even do that game justice now? This is one of my most played games of all time. But I doubt they could really make that game as awesome as the original. I would probably buy the sequel anyway. Heh, heh.

casiopao

Could they even do that game justice now? This is one of my most played games of all time. But I doubt they could really make that game as awesome as the original. I would probably buy the sequel anyway. Heh, heh.

Even a half of this game is going to be TiTs lol.

The last one i played is one PSP and while it is not as good as old VC one, it still keep the same great atmosphere and all that feel of being an adventurer.^^ So good for me too.^^

EDarkness

Even a half of this game is going to be TiTs lol.

The last one i played is one PSP and while it is not as good as old VC one, it still keep the same great atmosphere and all that feel of being an adventurer.^^ So good for me too.^^

They did at PSP version of the game?

Top Bottom