• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Your Customized Characters

Garlador

I'm an artist first and foremost, and naturally the things about comics I love the most are the creative costumes. For fighting games, alternate costumes are a major thing I work towards.
So factoring in Injustice 2's gear system, I'm dying to see more players' custom characters.

Is there a particular set you love? A certain shader? Perhaps you're practical and the only thing you care about is the gear bonuses. Regardless, I want to see what players are creating, whether it's finalized sets or works-in-progress.

I'll have to do my own proper after my AI Supergirl finishes up in Endless Battle... But here's a few similar to mine or that I'm working towards.

Godspeed Flash
main-qimg-66433bd6ae6964405f01bc736985b263-c

zjed1xuhb6yy.jpg

Scarebeast Scarecrow

I'll be back later with my actual gear on Supergirl, Green Lantern, Doctor Fate, and the aforementioned Flash and Scarecrow.

Until then, let's see YOUR characters.

Neoxon

Did you ever manage to find Green Arrow's hoodie? Seems like a weird omission, especially with it being present in the Injustice 2 prequel comics.

I hope they keep adding armor and customization for existing characters through DLC.

Kind of why I'm holding off on getting this game right away.

Garlador

Did you ever manage to find Green Arrow's hoodie? Seems like a weird omission, especially with it being present in the Injustice 2 prequel comics.

I noticed that too. Perhaps they're saving it for a premier skin or additional gear DLC.

Salz01

Ah, that scarecrow outfit makes me want to play him. I didn't even think about it before. Looks awesome.

Spinky

I've been trying to get Nightwing gear (not the trait, the chest symbol/mask/etc) for soooooooo looooooooong...

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand I just got the chestpiece, although I would prefer the capeless variant.

CryptiK

I thought the gear would have a little more variety, its a really cool concept, but Ive seen everything for at least 5 characters already. Would have been cool if you could do what you did in the OP and make characters, into other similar types via gear. Like Batman to Owlman, or Catman. Superman to Ultraman, though you can do Red Son.

Neoxon

They really need to do this for MK11. I would lose my mind.
Maybe for the cosmetics, but I'd rather not have the stat changes or locking special moves behind certain gear in future NRS games. It kinda holds back the character's competitive potential, especially when gear can't be used at tournaments.

Maybe for the cosmetics, but I'd rather not have the stat changes or locking special moves behind certain gear in future NRS games. It kinda holds back the character's competitive potential, especially when gear can't be used at tournaments.
This.

I was so excited with the propsect of being able to choose abilities only to discover that it's locked behind gear and not worth learning for a competitive environment.

It would have been a wonderful extension to the variation system they had in MKX.

Spinky

The stats aspect of gear is idiotic for serious play, and locking certain moves behind gear is just garbage.

Although I do like the system overall.

Garlador

They really need to do this for MK11. I would lose my mind.
Sub-Zero in the game is sure to be a testing ground for what they could do, and he BETTER have this helm as an option.

I've been trying to get Nightwing gear (not the trait, the chest symbol/mask/etc) for soooooooo looooooooong...

You and me both. I'd pick a different mask than this person has, but the actual chest emblem and design is great.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

Yeah, just for cosmetics. With such a history and so many titles they have a huge well to draw from.

ZeroX03

Banned
Being able to select abilities alongside your character for competitive would've been nice and I think potentially better than styles but alas. Some of them are straight up objectively upgrades too, which Tekken players were always worried about but item moves never really became a big deal there.

Here's my epic Batman. I don't like how he looks and the stats need a reroll because they aren't good either but uh it's all epic?

I'm not spending shards to transmog so until I complete a set all my characters will look awkward.

Spinky

Being able to select abilities alongside your character for competitive would've been nice and I think potentially better than styles but alas. Some of them are straight up objectively upgrades too, which Tekken players were always worried about but item moves never really became a big deal there.

Here's my epic Batman. I don't like how he looks and the stats need a reroll because they aren't good either but uh it's all epic?

I'm not spending shards to transmog so until I complete a set all my characters will look awkward.

I always thought they should let you choose one before a match, kinda like a Marvel assist.

Garlador

It's not bad, but I'm STILL waiting to get a full-face mask for my Batman character. Those universally look great. That and the ability to make my own Batman Beyond, since that mask is included too.

Edit: Why hello there Kamen Rider.

I like my superheroes with simple and iconic costumes so I prefer the alternate character skins over the super busy costumes even though some look really great. I love Jay Garrick, it's such a perfect rendition of that character with a great 40s retro look. I look forward to unlocking John Stewart and Vixen too.

fernoca

Only have focused in customizing Batman and Robin,as they're Level 13 and Level 11 respectively. Would love to customize others but they're all under Level 5. So their custom gear is noob gear. XD

Focusing on adding more armor to Batman...
DotOAqw.jpg

While focusing on removing armor to Robin...
SNTEc4H.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Jay Garrick and Vixen are fantastic.

Flash and GA's gear feels like they get worse as you get to the 'better' stuff. Someone like Flash doesn't look great with bulky overdesigned armor so the skins help.

I would say these are my favorites right now. Superman has very little gear variety outside of 50 different kinds of S shields but I do like his overall look.

That Harley shader is the best. Works with anything too.

It's not bad, but I'm STILL waiting to get a full-face mask for my Batman character. Those universally look great. That and the ability to make my own Batman Beyond, since that mask is included too.

I've got the TAS looking mask. It's a bit goofy with the armor. I think there's other matching pieces but I haven't seen them. Really want Beyond too.

Falchion

Some of these looks are absolutely wild, I love how drastically you can change the looks of these characters.

Garlador

A few of my works-in-progress. Love the Phantom Zone shader on Supergirl, and I'm trying to make a "Grim Reaper"-esque Scarecrow (just need his tattered long jacket gear).

Doctor Fate is still a work in progress, but I love his helm and chest gear. And my rendition of Godspeed Flash is possibly my favorite. Both characters look great in the God shader.

Tyaren

All those great Batman gear... O: Why is my Batman already level 18 and he still has just crap gear that makes him barely look any different to his default armor?

I saw a guy on twitch yesterday have like 7 different shaders for the Flash including Reverse Flash and he was only like level 8. How is that possible?

Gradly

I saw a guy on twitch yesterday have like 7 different shaders for the Flash including Reverse Flash and he was only like level 8. How is that possible?

Some can be unlocked by real money directly, including those premier skins like reverse flash, vixen etc

Karak

Man I have been getting shaders like crazy in boxes too. Last night I was getting one every couple boxes.

Top Bottom