• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WarHawk Screens!

2Qr.

screenshot_171920.jpg

screenshot_171916.jpg

screenshot_171913.jpg

screenshot_171917.jpg

Battalion Wars HD Confirmed?!?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kevm3 said:
They should leave the ground portions out.

And make it your avarage shooter?

No way. The beauty of the game lies in the seamless combination of both.

Besides, you should look at the game thinking about what it does before arguing about how it looks. For something that combines both aerial and ground based combat seamlessly while retaining a very decent look with a fairly awesome number of units around I'm impressed. Ground sections alone look even better than most of the 3rd person shooters out there.

This bitching is nonsense. It's like bitching about GTA: San Andreas graphics compared to MGS3 one.

Why do they always insist on ****ing ground missions in flying games? I was really looking forward to this but now it seems like it'll be a Star Fox Assault repeat. Good flying stuff marred heavily by on-foot stuff. But I'll still give it a chance, it'd be foolish not to. I'm a bit concerned though to say the least.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Colors used in these screens remind me of next-gen Halo 1, which is awesome.

Ginko said:
What the **** happened! Oh well, Lair it is then.
What happened is that ground portions in this game look much better than the first time it was shown, and finally up to par with flying portions.

Tieno

There's something iffy about those images, like they're scans or something with the saturation.

Wollan

Once you actually take off and see everything with a ton of stuff happening it looks much better. It has always looked like this near ground though these pics doesn't show the clarity the real game has. The game had a ultra clean look at TGS.

these are actually old, from TGS I think. And the game looks awesome! Fck you haters! PS2 game? :lol :lol Go play the latest Ace combat (best looking flying PS2 game) and compare it to this

Foil

The character art and models are ugly as hell in this game. The whole ground combat thing needs to be trashed, and I assume that's why it got a huge delay. Sad, because the air combat stuff looks really damn good. Stick to flight combat.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Foil said:
The character art and models are ugly as hell in this game. The whole ground combat thing needs to be trashed, and I assume that's why it got a huge delay. Sad, because the air combat stuff looks really damn good. Stick to flight combat.

Incognito, ignore this guy ^ Keep it unique

Latest screens of Warhawk from October 2006

928383_20061019_screen001.jpg

928383_20061019_screen003.jpg

928383_20061019_screen004.jpg

That is honestly the best looking flying game out there on any platform. The game looks amazing now that they added the depth of field effect and enhanced the explosions. Although word out in the dev community is that this game is having development problems and might be canned.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
brandonh83 said:
It can be unique without shitty ground missions. =p The flight stuff doesn't look unique but it sure looks pretty and fun.

how do u know they are shitty?

TTP said:
how do u know they are shitty?

I don't. I haven't played it. But almost every time a developer does something like this, it doesn't work. Either make it a flying game or don't. Maybe the ground stuff will be tolerable, but personally, when I buy a game like this where the main draw is the flight combat, that's what I want.

Aeon712

The first picture Doom Bringer just posted looks so awesome. Day 1 purchase if it does in fact come out which I hope it does.

Pimpwerx

What part of "you have the option to deviate from the main mission to do whatever you like" don't you understand? Why take out the ground missions when it's an accessory. This game is a sandbox game on a massive scale. It's scale and scope goes beyond anything except maybe Just Cause, and I believe the game world is supposed to be bigger. It's also going for battles of the scale of a NNN, or Heavenly Sword. It's like if you threw Ace Combat, a tank game and fps together, then sprinkled in elements of NNN/HS in there with the size of the battles. You don't have to land your ship and run around, unless you want to. WTF should they remove that?

Second, a few of those screens are 4:3 aspect ratio. What's up with that? I don't remember seeing ANY SDTV shots of this game, so those look new to me. Anyway, the visuals have always concerned me a bit with this game, but I'm willing to allow it the balance of time. When it's shown near completion, then I'll bitch or gloat. But calling this a PS2 game? That's just ridiculous. People who compare any next-gen game to a current-gen game are just plain dumb. Even DOA4, which is arguably the most current-gen-looking game released so far (most notable one at least) is still distinctly next-gen. Get off that flamebait already. That should be instant ignore list fodder. PEACE.

Rat Salad

Banned
Foil said:

I didn't wanna be the first one to say it so I see you went and did it already,heh.

I'm not liking the art designs either,looks very uninspired. And why do the textures look sorta washed out and smeared as well?

Keep the game in the labs and give it more development time. The PS3 can do much more than this,easily.

rubso

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Latest screens of Warhawk from October 2006
That is honestly the best looking flying game out there on any platform. The game looks amazing now that they added the depth of field effect and enhanced the explosions. Although word out in the dev community is that this game is having development problems and might be canned.
you should see Battlestation: Midway.

Edit: Flight Simulator X looks gorgeous.

DCharlie said:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/85/257274341_259f28408a_b.jpg[/IMG]
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/257273367_3773f33235_b.jpg[/IMG]
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/257269693_7c673c3c5f_b.jpg[/IMG]
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/118/257272349_5e29218958_b.jpg[/IMG]

?

Nothing going around you. One plane and one massive environment that's all that game is going for it.

yahso said:
you should see Battlestation: Midway.

Edit: Flight Simulator X looks gorgeous.

Flight simulator is choppy as hell even on a dual core intel and Battlestation miday isn't that impressive. Try again chump

Warhawk = massive environments, a lot of enemy fighters, ability to land anywhere and get out, etc... those games don't compare

Durante

I really wish they would drop the non-flying stuff and focus on just the air portion. It looks better and it's also the one I want to play.

Top Bottom