Huge fan of the series and saw the single player theatre demo at E3. I came away feeling this is definitely a traditional Monster Hunter made "next-gen". Here are my notes:
+ Health and stamina bars not always visible
+ Use items at near full movement speed
+ Can lock on to monsters and quick turn camera like 3DS
+ Scout flies replace paintballs and show both trail and location
+ you activate scout flies by finding residue from a monster and taking samples, seems you can get enough to make it permanently on
+ Minimap can zoom to zone
+ Map still segregated into numbered zones, more interconnected, and no loading between them. But moving between zones is generally via narrow corridors
+ Slingshot used a lot for luring monsters
+ Traps and flash bombs built into environment, maybe still consumables available?
+ Some kind of paralysis inducing consumable knife
+ Monsters have a lot of cool animations for fighting each other, picking each other up
+ Mounting works like 4U, but you can move between mount spots. Also some way of eventually doing an attack
+ Great Sword moveset looks the same, but the effects for charge were much less intense audiovisually
+ Cutting tail looks hilariously exactly the same
+ Can use hookshot thing to repel down surfaces
+ Two new large monsters - the TRex and the frog thing
+ frog thing regurgitated some food it ate for little monsters to enjoy
+ had some way of summoning the flying monster to take you to base camp at seemingly any time
+ change weapons and armour at base camp
+ had a Palico buddy complete with its own weapon armour
+ HBG looked like it could always move slowly while shooting
+ HBG machine gun thing seemed like a special mode, depleted a meter
+ HBG had many ammo types and traditional ammo switching mechanics
+ sharpness meter was visible but never sharpened
+ gathering plants was instant with no animation
+ carving was slow
+ the demo had really aggressive tutorializing with the quest giver talking to you throughout and her head popping up on the right of the screen
Additional information from Dengeki confirms this is basically Monster Hunter V.
Source 1: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg
Originally Posted by Dengeki
- Monster Hunter: World has been in development for four years.
- Originally, it was going to be called "Monster Hunter 5", but the development team really liked the name, "World" (Japanese ワールド).
- The Base Camp spawns in random places. Each time a hunt starts, hunters will be at a different Base Camp.
- Hunters can change weapons and armor midhunt by going to the Base Camp. This feature was added due to there usually being multiple large monsters in an area and from each having a different strength or weakness.
- Hunters can now hunt freely without being held back by the main objective/quest, even if the quest is complete. Hunters can hunt freely without any limits now.
- Hunters use Scout Flies as guides to help them navigate the area if they can't find the monster and to find certain items, including drool and footprints.
- The monsters can easily change the environment you are fighting in with certain attacks and destroying certain objects.
- Each large monster in a location has a territory in a certain part of the area. In some cases, hunters may need to lure another threat into their territory in order to get their target to reveal itself.
- By hiding from monsters, hunters can avoid fighting them or prepare for a silent escape from the battle.
- Capcom thought about giving the monsters health bars due to a majority of people. Globally, fans requested for a way to see how much damage they were dealing, so Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.
- The Quest Giver was fully voiced in English, and she sent the hunter on a quest to hunt an Anjanath, the T-rex-like monster shown in the reveal.
- Hunters can quickly pick up resources as they run by, meaning you don’t have to stop and wait for foraging animations.
Source 2: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
Originally Posted by Gaijinhunter
- Gotta a news vid (just me talking) with tons of random things we now know, like NO STOP TO USE POTIONS ANYMORE
- Damage numbers can be hidden if you don't want them
Source 1: https://twitter.com/BannedDino/statu...80847417102336
Originally Posted by Watch Impress
――Nintendo Switch版は検討していますか？- Are there plans for a Nintendo Switch version?
辻本氏： 今のところ予定はありません。- There are no plans for now.
Source 2: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...w/1065192.html
There's sourcing for everything at the link.
Originally Posted by LightKiosk
- For new people coming in, here's a recap of info that has been shared so far by Capcom employees who have worked on/with Monster Hunter.
- A 4:56 video that shows a bit more extended footage of the things we've already seen.
- Monster Hunter: World is not a spin-off.
- Monster Hunter: World was worked on by the main development team in Japan.
- You can play offline.
- Fishing, mining, and capturing bugs still in the game.
- All 14 weapon types confirmed in the game.
- Tails still cuttable.
- Hunt, Carve, Forge loop is still there.
- Still has the same rewarding and challenging gameplay.
- Health, stamina, potions, sharpness still present.
- Sound still plays after making a good well done steak.
- Targeting locked 30FPS across all platforms (referring to console).
- The game uses the MT Framework. Maybe PC as well, weird wording in this one.
- Insect Glaive will be in the game.
- When asked about Hunter Arts, response was "Brand new title. Brand new gameplay systems in place!"
- Separate maps, but zones are gone!
- More clarification on maps/zones: "It's not open world game, but all the maps are massive and wide open, without any loading screens :)"
- Charge Blade is in, Tonfa is not.
- No underwater combat.
- No Prowler Mode in Monster Hunter World.
- Palicoes are in the game.
- In-game voice chat is supported.
- You can either choose to sneak past small monsters to avoid fighting them, or kill them to collect/loot their bodies. The world is "hella flexible."
- Gestures will be present in Monster Hunter: World.
- They are completely focused on World for the western markets, and Monster Hunter: World is once again confirmed as the next main title in the series.
- After being asked if there will be a Monster Hunter 5 or a game for the Japanese audiences, they reply was: "This is the next generation of Monster Hunter!"
- You can both do drop-in/drop-out co-op, or form a pre-hunt party in Monster Hunter: World.
- Multiplayer is online-only, there is no local co-op.
- Monsters will not have health bars, but damage numbers will appear.
- Monster Hunter World is confirmed to NOT have regenerating health. I guess there was a rumor going around about this? Idk..
- Japanese Twitter showed off some new screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5. As well as a new title card image.
- /u/LinFTW did a recap of the Playstation Live Event information that can be found here.
- Recap of a users experience from NeoGAF with behind-closed-doors Monster Hunter: World footage:
Sorry for late reply, it's a private demo you can sign up for at E3. Four developers from Japan playing the game unscripted (they were unable to defeat Rathalos lol).
- Started demo off with just one hunter, he tracked the new monster with "scout flies" ...
- when the battle got rough, he led the new monster to Rathalos Nest very high up in the environment.
- Rathalos was pissed to see the hunter and the monster creeping into his lair and preceded to wreck everything.
- Great animations of the monsters fighting each other. The lone hunter sends signal flare and 3 other devs join mid battle.
- Lots of vertical combat, more than MH4. Seems all hunters have a grappling hook.
- The monsters interactions with each other was very cool, they encountered 3 different large monsters during demo.
- One of them ate an herbivore whole lol.
- The rapid fire on the heavy bowgun is a special ability.
- The combat looks and feels like traditional monster hunter with quality of life improvements.
- Day and night cycle is realtime, Rathalos destroyed a dam which cause an area to flood. Sweeping 2 of the hunters out of the area.
- I really like that they went back to a more prehistoric feeling and mood to the game.
- The fours hunters fighting together looked awesome, Rathalos has many new attacks, throws and animations.
- The bow has a nice new attack which drops small bombs on top of the monsters.
- I think they finally updated the Rathalos model haha.
- I wish it was a bit more stylized, but the Graphics look great.
Originally Posted by LinFTW
- Starts by showing extended trailer I think?, notes no loading screens between areas but it's not a fully connected open world.
- Ryozo (Capcom) wants to note 'living breathing world', monsters all have intelligent AI and desires/interactions, world going on around you and you can use their interactions to your advantage.
- Interviewer asks about stealth sequence we saw - Ryozo notes there are new suit items like mantles, new one from the trailer, cannot have on all the time, has a cooldown. Also opposite which lets you lure monsters towards you.
- Interviewer asks how multiplayer is being approached - Ryozo notes previously it was 4 player, going to hub, questing, etc. New game will include drop-in multiplayer via shooting up flair part way through quest (same as in trailer).
- Interviewer asks whether hunter lounges will exist - Ryozo confirms 'of course'.
- Interviewer asked about joined servers (related to global presumably) - Ryozo notes that yes, all servers merged into one, everyone will play together, simultaneous launch as well.
- Interviewer asks about any new tweaks to combat system - Ryozo wants to assure everyone all 14 weapons are in, they know hunting is core gameplay, not removing anything, building on base from previous titles. Goes on to talk about 'slinger' (grappling hook item), can also pick up rocks and use slinger to launch rocks around.
- Interviewer makes joke about meat on the spit.
And the older info:
Livestream video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZ-asj8GzQ
Monster Hunter: World confirmed for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One early 2018! PC version coming at a later date. #MHWorld
Originally Posted by Screenshots
Originally Posted by Art
Originally Posted by Box
There's more screenshots/art: