• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much alcohol do you drink?

Blablurn

Daily or just on special occasions? I usually like to drink some beers when I watch my favourite team play some football. Besides that not so much.

How about you, GAF? Are u a daily drinker or none at all?

Almost none. I like pretty much everything that had alcohol in it but I mental issues and poor self control.... so it never feels like a good idea.

Kneefoil

Almost never. I average maybe one drink every two years.

I haven't had any bad experiences with alcohol, but I just don't get a huge kick out of getting drunk, so it feels kinda pointless.

GHG

Gold Member
Special occasions only these days and when I do I go hard. So maybe once a month.

It knocks me out for the next day but I account for it beforehand.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I used to drink a lot but cut down dramatically at the start of last year. I'll drink socially a few times a month, but have cut out drinking at home almost entirely.

I remember everything that happens now, it's awful.

Fliesen

Like ... maybe once or twice a month, during social gatherings or when there's something to celebrate.

I don't think i really get 'drunk' drunk more than maybe 2-4 times a year. One of them being our company's Christmas party.

Osahi

Too much probably. I drink at least a glass a day, sometimes more. Usually I drink a whiskey, port wine or licor while winding down in the evening. I can enjoy a fine wine while dining, and as a Belgian it's in my blood to drink some good beer frequently. When it's hot out I like a fresh triple or blond, strong beer in the weekend, in winter time I drink heavier, brown beers with a good book.

What I don't do is drinking for the sake of getting drunk, let alone binge. It's not that I'm never drunk or tipsy, but it's always a result of enjoying too much of the good stuff, never teh reason why I drink.

Fliesen

Too much probably. I drink at least a glass a day, sometimes more. Usually I drink a whiskey, port wine or licor while winding down in the evening. I can enjoy a fine wine while dining, and as a Belgian it's in my blood to drink some good beer frequently. When it's hot out I like a fresh triple or blond, strong beer in the weekend, in winter time I drink heavier, brown beers with a good book.

What I don't do is drinking for the sake of getting drunk, let alone binge. It's not that I'm never drunk or tipsy, but it's always a result of enjoying too much of the good stuff, never teh reason why I drink.

I feel like 1+ glasses of Whiskey each day to wind down is actually a worse habit than purposefully getting drunk ever so often :/

Don't drink mon-wed unless on special occasions. Will drink probably three pints/ glass of wine / glasses of whisky on the other days if I stay in. If I go out you can make that six to nine pints.

spekkeh

Banned
About two beer or glasses of wine per night, on average. I sometimes try not to drink anything but I find that I don't really close the working day if I don't. I just go to bed slightly more exasperated than usual, so outside of the calories I don't see a reason.

SoundLad

I usually get a few bottles of nice beer or go out to the pub for a few hours on Fridays or Saturdays

Edit: I'm living in Ireland - this is considered very light drinking here

DiscoJer

I have a beer every year or so. I don't like the taste, I don't particularly like getting drink or light headed, but every so often I do develop a craving for a beer. Then I have one and my craving stops about 1/3 of the way through the bottle and I have to force myself to finish it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The people who drink every day aren't going to volunteer that fact, I think.

I don't drink, because I absolutely loathe the taste of alcohol and could never get used to it. I also don't smoke or do drugs. I'm an accidental straight edge.

RockmanBN

Touched it once after my 21st birthday. Taste is god awful, buzz experience and beyond is not worth the money or the hangover. Never again.

I was drinking a ton until very very recently, because of my Gf and her sister and friends, who all drink very heavily, since they are all younger than me. Wish I could still do it like when I was younger, but I need breaks now. I do crave going to the pubs though when I walk by. Hangovers and weight gain only gets worse and worse. I don't know how my gf's older sister drinks and does so much drugs so often.

In my heavier drinking days, I would have phases. Certainly had a 3 year period, two 1.5 year periods broken up with a long break, where I was drinking on average 3-5 times a week and quite heavily. But can't do that no more.

adin75

Maybe 2 to 3 times a week. I don't go out getting smashed though, usually just a couple while playing games on my nights off.

Fliesen

(As a disclaimer - with "ever so often" not being "every weekend")

I do feel alcohol should never become part of a habit - it's hard to break and imho one of the most dangerous slippery slope addictions.
Like, eventually those 1-2 daily glasses of Whiskey might turn into 2-3, over time, etc.
(ofc that doesn't happen to every one, but that's how it started with a few of the alcoholics i know)

Never touched a drop, never intend to.

I've had a few beers here and there, and some whiskey to help clear some throat pain, but outside of that I don't find joy in drinking at all. I don't like the smell on people when they drink, I don't enjoy the settings where drinking usually is done socially, and I don't like the taste of any the drinks (even mixed drinks). Give me coffee or water any day.

haveheart

Banned
Would be interesting to state where you're from. I think there are huge cultural/regional differences.

I like beer. I'm from Germany.

I don't drink anymore. I'm an alcoholic. Sober 3+ years. Alcoholism has been a factor in 90% of the poor choices I made in life resulting in prison, fees, loss of driving privileges, failed relationships, etc. Just now getting it back together and I'm 39. A lot of people have no trouble with alcohol but I'm not one of them. YMMV of course.

I've had a few beers here and there, and some whiskey to help clear some throat pain, but outside of that I don't find joy in drinking at all. I don't like the smell on people when they drink, I don't enjoy the settings where drinking usually is done socially, and I don't like the taste of any the drinks (even mixed drinks). Give me coffee or water any day.

I like tea, and I didn't use to like fizzy drinks but now I'm quite partial to a vanilla coke or a fanta.

Pretty much never. A beer every few months or so. Every now and again I'll get wasted, but it's very, very rare. It disrupts my sleep, and given I have work/family, it's just not worth it.

In my 20s/early 30s, though...man, I was drunk all the damn time.

-KRS-

I like trying new beer. Working in bars with a lot of microbrewed beer gives me a lot of opportunities to do that. I very rarely get drunk though. Pretty much only drink properly at special occasions. At work I only taste the beer we get on tap to be able to describe it to customers.

I hate being drunk drunk though. Tipsy is fun but no more than that.

Top Bottom