• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Museum [Switch] to include Pacman Vs.

Posted? Searched and couldn't find anything other than the Twitter tease thread...

Picture from the GCN original.
vCBqR1f.jpg

Pac-Man Vs. will join the lineup of playable games in the Namco Museum game collection for Switch, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The multiplayer Pac-Man game was designed by Shigeru Miyamoto, developed by Nintendo, and originally released for GameCube in 2003. It was remade for DS as part of the Namco Museum DS game collection in 2007.

The full list of games includes:
Dig-Dug
Galaga
Galaga '88
Pac-Man
Pac-Man Vs.
Rolling Thunder
Rolling Thunder 2
SkyKid
Splatterhouse
Tank Force
The Tower of Druaga

As previously announced, Namco Museum is due out digitally for Switch this summer. The Famitsu coverage is actually first confirmation of the collection for Japan, revealing the Japanese version will also launch this summer at a 2,778 yen price point.

Via Gematsu

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wait this includes Tank Force?

That was a HUGE part of my childhood. Everyone in my family played it: parents, siblings, EVERYONE.

Guess I'll have to pick this up for the next time we have a family get together.

So does this confirm Switch will have download play then? Because good luck finding 3 other people with this game otherwise.

Edit: Or I guess technically 2 systems would be enough?

Edit 2: No wait, you can only connect 2 controllers to a switch in wireless play (unless in LAN mode). lol I give up.

andymcc

Banned
This is a really great collection. I was already on board for Splatterhouse and the greatest Galaxian game, Galaga 88.

lyrick

This shit would have made sense on with Wii U...

How many switch consoles are we going to need for this?

The original was just one Gameboy Advance and three players on the TV screen so you should only need two Switches. For four player you would need to add a TV or two more Switches.

BiggNife

So does this confirm Switch will have download play then? Because good luck finding 3 other people with this game otherwise.

Edit: Or I guess technically 2 systems would be enough?

Edit 2: No wait, you can only connect 2 controllers to a switch in wireless play (unless in LAN mode). lol I give up.

Is this an actual system-level limitation or just an assumption because of how Mario Kart handled it?

-shadow-

That's pretty cool, I own the game but don't own a GBA or the Link Cable. So can't play it unfortunately. And the Micro Link Cable is impossible to find these days, so I'm getting this.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wait, this has Rolling Thunder, Rolling Thunder 2, and Splatterhouse?

I didn't realize they were putting interesting games on here.

Well, depending on how good the port/emulation quality is, I might have to buy it.

fernoca

This shit would have made sense on with Wii U...

How many switch consoles are we going to need for this?
2-4. :p
One player will be Pac-Man (1 screen), the other 3 players share a screen, or have one on their own.

Plus it could be one of those cases were this one is just an extra/multiplayer only game that recquires otjer Switch units.

Though I see them just throwing splitscreen and allow 4 joycons.

steveovig

I'm considering buying this but it is disappointing that this doesn't have more stuff in it, specifically the Pac Man CE games. Namco seems to be pretty inconsistent with these Museums. The 360 Museum was really good with several Xbox Arcade versions of games plus non-online offerings for more obscure stuff. Also, I seem to remember the PS2/GCN version having some good stuff including many of the original Arrangement games (not the newer ones found on the 360 game). It'd be also great to see more modern games like Tokyo Wars or Ridge Racer or something.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Man, and I thought rounding up three GBA owners was expensive, managing to get two Switch owners is gonna be even moreso.

Ban Puncher

I read 'Tank Force' as 'Tokyo Wars' and got super excited for a brief moment before reality came crashing back down.

Shucks.

dannie

No, because Mario kart can link up 6 system when in 2P local (so it limited 2 controllers)
If it just link up one system I think it can link up to 7 controllers

lyrick

No, because Mario kart can link up 6 system when in 2P local (so it limited 2 controllers)
If it just link up one system I think it can link up to 7 controllers

But the game requires at least 2 distinct screens (1 for pacman and 1 shared between 3 ghosts)

So It should require at least two Switch Consoles.

dannie

But the game requires at least 2 distinct screens (1 for pacman and 1 shared between 3 ghosts)

So It should require at least two Switch Consoles.
one switch in dock mode with 3 player(ghost),one switch undock 1 player(pacman)
Same with the setting of gamecube version

Ein Bear

Weird to see this on the Switch, surely the Wii U would have been the perfect system for this? Not sure how the game will work.

Man, that E3 was rough.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm convinced you don't actually know how this works. This set would at most require 2 Switches, 3 split joycons sharing a screen and one person with a joycon and his own screen

That's $600 worth of hardware.

To replicate Pac-Man Vs. at the time you'd only need roughly $260 worth. ($100 GC, $100 GBA, 2 extra $30 controllers)

Edit: Forgot you'd need an extra copy of Namco Museum Switch since the Switch lacks any form of Download Play as the GCN version and DS version did.

I'm convinced you don't actually know how this works. This set would at most require 2 Switches, 3 split joycons sharing a screen and one person with a joycon and his own screen

This seems like the most likely way they'll handle it. Probably wireless Lan and *hopefully* online. I'm not holding my breath on the last one though.

...come to think, like Mario Party, online probably sounds better in concept than in practice.

That's $600 worth of hardware.

To replicate Pac-Man Vs. at the time you'd only need roughly $260 worth. ($100 GC, $100 GBA, 2 extra $30 controllers)

And a house (~$200,000) 3 prostitutes to simulate friends ($400-$???)

We're close to a quarter million dollars here, guys.

Top Bottom