• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was the Wii's X-mas surprise the Internet Channel?

Baryn

Banned
I saw some hoodad on here about several VC titles coming in for free. I checked a few weeks ago, and the mentioned titles were all for pay.

So what gives? I'm curious and searching has yielded nothing.

Chemo

Baryn said:
I saw some hoodad on here about several VC titles coming in for free. I checked a few weeks ago, and the mentioned titles were all for pay.

So what gives? I'm curious and searching has yielded nothing.
The Christmas surprise was the spectacular assortment of games for Christmas day. There was never any mention of free titles, outside of idiots who ridiculously hope for impossible things.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
HAL_Laboratory said:
Nintendo: "Merry Christmas!"

You: "Oh boy, oh boy -- what do I get?"

Nintendo: "You get to give us five dollars!"

Nintendo hates its fans. I dont think enough people realize this yet. :lol

keanerie

It was the free Mario Galaxy demo that you could only get if you logged on to the Wii Shop the exact second when Christmas began.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
chubigans said:
Nintendo hates its fans. I dont think enough people realize this yet. :lol

yeah nintendo hates the people that give it money! good one! not unlike sony or microsoft though. oh no. they would never shit on their market share either. no sir.

----_______----------

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
F*ck the Wii! I mean I love mine and all that, but I can't get connected to the Internet. I connected once yesterday, it started DL'ing the update (really slowly)... I get an error 10 minutes in. Have not been able to connect to the Internet ever since.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Sweedishrodeo said:
yeah nintendo hates the people that give it money! good one! not unlike sony or microsoft though. oh no. they would never shit on their market share either. no sir.

----_______----------

Sorry, I guess Im just still miffed about the horrible high prices on the VC compared to the PSN or even XBLA.

womp

DaCocoBrova said:
F*ck the Wii! I mean I love mine and all that, but I can't get connected to the Internet. I connected once yesterday, it started DL'ing the update (really slowly)... I get an error 10 minutes in. Have not been able to connect to the Internet ever since.

Did you try changing the channel on the wireless router to 2?

andthebeatgoeson

womp said:
Did you try changing the channel on the wireless router to 2?
I thought it was 1 or 11. I was getting all types of errors before I switched the channel. It was probably our phones (vonage) causing all the interference.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Christmas present was just another Nintendo quote that fueled the creativity of Nintendo "enthusiasts" to unforeseen heights, not unlike the Dutch lads here:

chspannuuund7ms.jpg

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Thats Harry Knowels and his father, the two biggest ubergeeks in the ****ing world - definately not dutch.

Mallrat83

Banned
Chittagong said:
Christmas present was just another Nintendo quote that fueled the creativity of Nintendo "enthusiasts" to unforeseen heights, not unlike the Dutch lads here:

chspannuuund7ms.jpg
It still amazes me just how HIDEOS those two are, and don't get me wrong, I like AICN.

womp

skinnyrattler said:
I thought it was 1 or 11. I was getting all types of errors before I switched the channel. It was probably our phones (vonage) causing all the interference.

11 was my next suggestion. :)

Top Bottom