• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

Penguin

Hey 3rd party support, now let's see what's missing from it...

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/884396818540281856

It's official: WWE 2K18 is coming to Nintendo Switch.

With a little help from WWE 2K18 cover Superstar Seth Rollins, WWE and 2K confirmed Monday that WWE fans everywhere will be able to test their grappling might this fall on Nintendo's newest gaming console. WWE 2K18's Switch debut marks the first time in five years that a new WWE video game will be available on a Nintendo platform. Thanks to Switch's on-the-go capabilities, it will also be the first portable WWE video game available in six years.

Switch enthusiasts who choose to step into the WWE 2K18 ring can expect a flurry of new features in this year's game, many of which were detailed recently in a 2K developer's blog post. This includes matches featuring up to eight Superstars, a more expansive backstage area, new weight detection and grapple carry systems and much more.

This is in addition to a more immersive MyCareer experience and an all-new online Road to Glory mode that pits your custom Superstar against players around the world. WWE 2K18 will also provide a more comprehensive ability to customize the in-game experience, including a new Create Match option.

WWE 2K18 Switch players will be able to compete with or against Superstars that will make up this year's ever-growing roster of playable characters. Players will also get the chance to capitalize on accessing the WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus of Kurt Angle, who is available to anyone who pre-orders 2K's popular WWE video game for the Switch or other gaming consoles.

WWE 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB and is currently scheduled for worldwide release on Oct. 17, 2017, on Nintendo Switch as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Bazry

Just saw this and thought it must have been announced already, weird that Nintendo UK would just drop this before anyone else

Wow, pretty surprising. Development must be going well for NBA 2K on Switch that 2K thought about investing in the Switch version for WWE... Unless it's just a 360/PS3 port, but who knows.

For those not following the regular WWE 2K18 development cycle, development seems behind as no screenshots or videos have been released yet, which has usually happened by now. There are some apparently dropping in the next couple weeks, and they've mentioned some features in interviews like support for 8 wrestlers in the ring at once, redone submission system (seems like I hear this every year), and some other modifications to the story and GM modes. There's also apparently a new/revamped graphics engine as well, but not sure if it's rebuilt or tweaked, it's apparently been 3 years in the making.

6ObCfQB.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really don't care for WWE in any shape or form, but it's always nice to see some drops of western third party support on a Nintendo device.

Zedark

Aostia, post if you're somewhat relieved ;)

OT: Nice that thry're supporting Switch, am not into wrestling myself, but there are plenty who are, so good for them!

Wow, pretty surprising. Development must be going well for NBA 2K on Switch that 2K thought about investing in the Switch version for WWE... Unless it's just a 360/PS3 port, but who knows.

For those not following the regular WWE 2K18 development cycle, development seems behind as no screenshots or videos have been released yet, which has usually happened by now. There are some apparently dropping in the next couple weeks, and they've mentioned some features in interviews like support for 8 wrestlers in the ring at once, redone submission system (seems like I hear this every year), and some other modifications to the story and GM modes. There's also apparently a new/revamped graphics engine as well, but not sure if it's rebuilt or tweaked, it's apparently been 3 years in the making.

Could be that they are focusing on making the game and haven't had time to market anything from their game

higemaru

Let's hope it actually comes out the same day as the other versions and isn't bizarrely held back until January or something.

Wow, it's been a while. Two Wii games under the WWE+year name (WWE '12 and '13), then none on the Wii U, and now here we are.

1, 2, skip Wii U, Switch.

I guess this is also technically the first portable WWE game since 2k15 on Android and iOS.

Well, let's see what Yuke's can do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YES YES YES YES YES

Rafus

I'm already scared at how the XB1 and PS4 will look (they don't want to show anything yet), now I'm trembling thinking at how the girls models will look on the Switch...

Effect

Hope this turns out good. I really enjoyed playing wrestling games in the past on the N64 and GameCube. Kinda fell away from them after that. I have been going back and forth on picking up WWE2K17 on Steam but with 2K18 I might as well wait and see how it turns out. Would be great to play a WWE game on a Nintendo console again.

Bazry

http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k18/article/wwe-2k18-nintendo-switch-announcement

It’s official: WWE 2K18 is coming to Nintendo Switch.

With a little help from WWE 2K18 cover Superstar Seth Rollins, WWE and 2K confirmed Monday that WWE fans everywhere will be able to test their grappling might this fall on Nintendo’s newest gaming console. WWE 2K18’s Switch debut marks the first time in five years that a new WWE video game will be available on a Nintendo platform. Thanks to Switch’s on-the-go capabilities, it will also be the first portable WWE video game available in six years.

Switch enthusiasts who choose to step into the WWE 2K18 ring can expect a flurry of new features in this year’s game, many of which were detailed recently in a 2K developer’s blog post. This includes matches featuring up to eight Superstars, a more expansive backstage area, new weight detection and grapple carry systems and much more.

This is in addition to a more immersive MyCareer experience and an all-new online Road to Glory mode that pits your custom Superstar against players around the world. WWE 2K18 will also provide a more comprehensive ability to customize the in-game experience, including a new Create Match option.

WWE 2K18 Switch players will be able to compete with or against Superstars that will make up this year’s ever-growing roster of playable characters. Players will also get the chance to capitalize on accessing the WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus of Kurt Angle, who is available to anyone who pre-orders 2K’s popular WWE video game for the Switch or other gaming consoles.

WWE 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB and is currently scheduled for worldwide release on Oct. 17, 2017, on Nintendo Switch as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Sounds like Switch is same day as PS4/XB1

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Aostia, post if you're somewhat relieved ;)

OT: Nice that thry're supporting Switch, am not into wrestling myself, but there are plenty who are, so good for them!

Yes! As a WWE (ex) fan I'm ok with this :D
Even if...

No offense, but those 2K wrestling games look like enhanced PS2 games dont they? Have they been any good lately...

Unfortunately yes. The last GREAT WWE game was Day of Reckoning on the GC, imho

That John Cena promotion finally coming to a head.

FINALLY!
The Rock has come back to...Switch!
Or something like that

Could be that they are focusing on making the game and haven't had time to market anything from their game

Typically, game publishers like Take2 and enormous developers like 2K Games, have discrete development and marketing teams. That the marketing cycle is behind for a perennially disappointing game, as the WWE 2K series has been for almost a decade, is not usually a good sign.

Similarly, Madden '18 has been far behind as well on the marketing cycle, though there was open gameplay back during E3, EA just hasn't allowed any of it to be released.

Top Bottom