• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter 7 dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo130

If you visit the official website of J.K. Rowling today, you'll see that the release date has been revealed for the last book in the Harry Potter-series. I hope this isn't old.

Release date: July 21st, 2007.

http://www.jkrowling.com/

Holy crap yes. :) Sooner than I expected.

Also interesting to note is that the Order of the Phoenix movie will be out like only a week before that.

bill0527

brandonh83 said:
Holy crap yes. :) Sooner than I expected.

Also interesting to note is that the Order of the Phoenix movie will be out like only a week before that.

Somebody's gonna need a moving van to haul all of her gold to the bank for the months of July and August.

bill0527 said:
Somebody's gonna need a moving van to haul all of her gold to the bank for the months of July and August.

No kidding. I'm actually buying more than one copy of the book myself, one for me, one for my girlfriend, and plus I'm thinking there'll be some limited edition copy of it with the typical cool cover, and knowing me I'll get that too. :lol

Not to mention I'll likely see the movie more than once, to say the least.

hadareud

The Translator
that's quite soon, since I know that they are at the moment filming it in Romania. I also know how one specific special effect is achieved.

How very exiting. Or not.

sky

Nice.
After that, we still have the last 2 movies to look forward to.
I'm curious to see what happens to the franchise after that last movie has been shown. I don't doubt it will continue to flourish, perhaps it will branch out more in to other mediums...

FnordChan

bill0527 said:

lavender.gif

"We'll make sure it gets to the bank!"

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing how she wraps up the series. A bit dubious, mind - I had issues with Book 6 - but that doesn't mean I won't be lined up at midnight with the rest of the Harry Potter geeks.

FnordChan

bill0527 said:
Nah, money's electronic nowadays.

In related news, London will have a Energy Conservation Alert on July 21st, 2007.

Fireblend

Banned
Yay! Who's gonna stay away from the internet days before its release so the ending doesn't get spoiled? I know I'll at least think about it, but I'm too damn weak when it comes to spoilers :lol

Alucard

Banned
I will certainly be on the pop culture train for this book, as I've read the other six. Should be interesting.

Like I've stated before, I work at a middle school. About thirty minutes ago, our librarian unexpectedly came onto the intercom system informing everyone of the release date... weird.

Fireblend said:
Yay! Who's gonna stay away from the internet days before its release so the ending doesn't get spoiled? I know I'll at least think about it, but I'm too damn weak when it comes to spoilers :lol

The second I get the idea that spoilers have leaked, I'm getting the hell away from most websites. :lol

...sorry guys, it won't work right now

distantmantra said:
Like I've stated before, I work at a middle school. About thirty minutes ago, our librarian unexpectedly came onto the intercom system informing everyone of the release date... weird.

:lol :lol :lol I love it!

that's quite soon, since I know that they are at the moment filming it in Romania. I also know how one specific special effect is achieved.

...They're filming book 7 in Romania? Funny, I always thought that books involved something called "writing", not "filming".

And book 5 filming has wrapped up. ;)

But seriously, I can't wait! I'm going to be sad though when I read that last word, and close that book. Oh man....

And yep, there is a limited special edition coming out for $65.

Also, it's one week before film five comes out. O.O Talk about hype!

Can't wait. It'd better be 1000+ pages. :D :D :D

Bigfoot

Two weeks too late...

They totally missed out on the expected 7th book on the 7th day of the 7th month of 2007 thing.

Gigglepoo

Fireblend said:

Count me in

The last book's pivotal story moment was ruined for me before HBP even came out. Some asshat thought it was a grand idea to scan the all important page and underline the text in question. I stumbled upon the picture, unaware it related to my favorite series, and my eye was immidiately drawn to the underlined passage. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I still loved every word from the book and have since read it two more times. Still, if the last book in the series is somehow ruined, the streets will run red with the blood of the betrayer.

Zeed

Banned
I'm going to get it at midnight, read the whole thing within a few hours, and then post a thorough summary all over certain Harry Potter fansites before most of the kids even wake up.

Why? That's personal.

Zeed

Banned
Cyan said:
Welcome to Cyan's ignore list! Population: you.

Edit:

Wow, another one! My ignore list has never gotten such a workout.

Don't worry guys, after I've finished reading the book, I'll remove you. If you haven't been permabanned by then.
Amazing. Apparently you believe that GAF is a "Harry Potter fansite". Great reading comprehension right there.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you, since you won't be able to read this anyway for a few years while you struggle to finish Harry Potter without overtaxing your reading skills.

Zeed

Banned
Cyan said:
Why have I never used this feature before?
Because you're so illiterate that I'm shocked that you're able to operate a keyboard without busting a capillary.

Just leaving this message here for posterity. I'm sure you'll see it someday, and recognize its truth.

TemplaerDude said:
if i insult someone i'm being ignored by, is it an offense?
If you just state obvious fact and avoid namecalling, you're not breaking the ToS. Of course the mods don't really care about the ToS and ban for whatever they feel like, but if it's for some silly shit like this that the "victim" can't even see, and wouldn't be able to read even if he could, I don't really care.

Honestly a more appropriate question would have been "If I insult someone who is incapable of reading what I type, is it an offense?"

Sullichin

Book 6 was spoiled for me so I never bothered reading it... and I refuse to read the seventh until I've read the sixth. So who knows when i'll get around to it.

Sapiens

I forget which user it was - but someone on GAF mentioned some kind of self imposed media blackout pre and post book release. That really hard core and kinda cool.

This book is already causing problems, it seems. I somehow missed the spoiler, so book 6 wasn't ruined for me.

I wonder how 7 will turn out?

madara

brandonh83 said:
The second I get the idea that spoilers have leaked, I'm getting the hell away from most websites. :lol

...sorry guys, it won't work right now

Remember those guys screaming out spoilers in vans at bookstores? I wont even be doing midnight launchs :lol

madara said:
Remember those guys screaming out spoilers in vans at bookstores? I wont even be doing midnight launchs :lol

I might send someone that doesn't care to know anything to get my book. :lol

So I'll get it the tuesday before! No spoilers here, but if you want them, we'll make a list for me to PM chapter titles!

*Nerd Slap*!

Wes

venison crêpe
Porthos said:
Two weeks too late...

They totally missed out on the expected 7th book on the 7th day of the 7th month of 2007 thing.

The date it's being released, July 21st 2007, is exactly 10 years after the first book was released. That's the significance behind the choice of date :)

sky

Sullichin said:
Book 6 was spoiled for me so I never bothered reading it... and I refuse to read the seventh until I've read the sixth. So who knows when i'll get around to it.
"That" spoiler is only a tiny part of the book... there is still a ton of story and interesting happenings, before you get to that. Worth a read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom