• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games Done Quick, isn't accepting speedruns of ANY Harry Potter game currently without explanation.

Laieon

This shit is starting to get dumb now. Puffin, the publisher of Roald Dahl's books, has just begun rewriting the man's work, so as not to upset sensitive readers.

Are we really moving towards that era in human existence where we need to start wrapping everyone in shitloads of cotton wool?

Absolutely!

Until cotton is cancelled, then we need to find something else.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Oh noes. Thems people look different.

Who the hell cares? I just see a happy group of people about to enjoy a meal with friends. Don't be a hater.
giphy.gif

We live in a day and age where every single idiot, or person with average intelligence (which is the majority of the population, and btw, those with average intelligence are pretty fncking stupid) gets to have an opinion and force it down the throats of everyone else.

Trans people are fighting a war that no one else is fighting. Their enemy is, for the most part, an illusion.

Filben

jk saying men can't menstruate?

How can you be against someone by stating the obvious.
basically, yes. Because some people don't like the distinction between sex and gender. JKR talked mostly about the former.

While we have different words for both concepts, words like man and woman alone don't do that distinction for us. It's up to the speaker and interpreter what it means when no further context is given. Sometimes the context is obvious, like when we talk about biological things as menstruation. Some people do want to get butthurt though and interpret the word wrong, sometimes willingly, sometimes, which I do believe, unwillingly.

Then some will say, 'why she needed to express the obvious in the first place if not to push for ideologies that could hurt people (not caring for context)'?

Because distinction and nuance is more and more lost in times with and more pronounced extreme sides. Her argument was, to justify said distinction, that some issues today, in terms of health care and social discrimination, only affects a certain biological sex. No male born will ever know how it is to live with menstruation. There's also a difference between discrimination against biological women and trans people (including trans women) because there are different types of discriminating against someone. and putting everything in the same pot will make practical actions to improve affected lives harder because it is omitting important differences that need to be tackled differently.

Imagine talking about only global warming and temperature in context of climate change, but omitting exploitative monocultural agriculture, rising natrium levels in ground water due to exploitative agriculture, invasive plants and animals because of globalisation etc.

While all of this is bad for our planet and the climate, every aspect needs different solutions, explanations and spreading of information.

So when a biological woman is harassed it may be due to different reason than a trans woman is being harassed. And in certain situations the trans woman (and vice versa btw) have no say in it because she wouldn't know.

A trans woman don't know how it is to be pregnant, what it does with your hormones and how your life practically change completely (at least not until they manage to transplant the uterus, and not a scientific once in a life time achievement but as something that could every trans woman have easily done to her) . How it is to menstruate and what implications and kind of discrimination this is meat upon.

But you know, when I see young people with an attention span only long enough for 15sec tiktok videos, websites telling you how much time it's gonna cost you to read an article, I doubt many people will read on what she wrote on her blog after the first worked up head shaking. The majority will probably paraphrase from hearsay and join in because their community said so and they believe they do something positive.

While doing their whole cause a huge disservice.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This whole reeeee reasoning behind these decisions is so retarded. Bet their userbase ie viewers are as such and thus this is the outcome.

Let it die and be reborn.

simpatico

itsafraid.jpg

Full time gamers, this might be the last time the window opens for your side of the culture war. I honestly didn't think it would even open this far ever again. Slam your foot in the door and don't let up. Get back into the comment sections that you've abandoned. You just might have a chance. I'd bet most devs would be thrilled to not have to cater to the crazies anymore. They think they have to, show them they don't.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
We need another type of GDQ. Remember that they start in a couch with just some guys just playing as fast as possible. We need this simple spirit again

And yeah, I know that we have in Europe and UK too. Still, we need another

oji-san

Banned
The blame for the Hogwarts Legacy coverage situation isn't on the creatures who cry for boycott as they can't help that with their twisted vision, but seeing all kind of professional gaming sites totally ignoring one of the hottest games is truly eye opening.
I won't say i wouldn't read any reviews from now but i lost all respect for them, don't remember this kind of behaviour.

Well, there are trans people who take no issue with JKR or the game because, you know, they both are very pro diversity and real trans issues.

So if they catering to anyone it's the misguided allies and the mentally defective "activist" mob.
Yes, it's very odd how some on the extreme think if someone is gay, or trans, or black, they must, without question, think a certain way and would/should vote for a particular political party and support specific causes.

It completely strips any individualism from them...which is odd coming from people who claim the individual is God.

They claim there is no "truth" only "their/her/his truth", who label everyone based on skin colour or sexuality, who claim the rights of everyone are paramount, and that each person should be given respect and tolerance.

It's a contradiction, and is really about one thing... obedience.

Total, unquestioning obedience.

the Euler diagram among the speed running community organizers and those that hate J. K. Rowling is completely within the other. So it's pretty much a given.

UmxHNyY.jpeg
yisus i am scared
UEVpmT5.gif

this movie gave me the Heebee Jeebies. and is quite ironic the name of it in this context.

Mess

Well, if you haven't already, try out ESA for your 24/7 speedrun fix. Live right now, with Elden Ring on a dance pad.

Gubvxzb.jpg

And "tomorrow" there'll be two HP games as well, if that's what you're looking for.

That's a fantastic run, thanks for the heads up :messenger_bicep:

And ye ESA is the way to go!

Well, if you haven't already, try out ESA for your 24/7 speedrun fix. Live right now, with Elden Ring on a dance pad.

Gubvxzb.jpg

And "tomorrow" there'll be two HP games as well, if that's what you're looking for.

Holy crap I knew ER speedruns were quick, but how do you get from the start of the game, to upper Altus for the Great Stars, to Rennala in 7 minutes?

On a dance pad no less.

they should ban every game by activision given the current history of the company too.

jokes aside, imagine how much revenue they will lose due to not having the game. pander to an extreme vocal minority and lose thousands of donations due to it.

Why did it not start well? Was Bonesaw not ready?
Well actually funny you say that he does start out messing a bunch of stuff up, but I just meant more it was kind of a normal speed run at first. Some funny jokes here or there but not the lunacy it devolves into. Though there is some setup of later jokes so ya gotta watch the whole thing.

The Alien

Banned
Hmmmm. Taking the ol' moral high ground, I see.

Mark my words: Within 6 months it'll come to light that somebody, someone at that site has done or will do something pretty shitty (aka cancel worthy).

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I guess Atomic Heart is all good right? JK "controversy" can't be taken seriously in any shape or form.

I would again want to link this fun video, where there is a lot of it explained and made fun of:

Apparently protestors made a game called "Hogwarts legacy purchase simulator" which is a game where you play as a person and the evil JK (they claim) will convince you to buy the game, but then a friendly trans person will enter the sales chat and post articles about violence against trans or something and will guilt trip you into not buying the game.

This guy made a video going over it, one of the few there are because the backlash was so swift the "devs" took the simulator down.

The ironic part is the tagline for the simulator is "save the workers" but by not buying the game as they want the workers end up in trouble. Luckily this game failed, which i guess isn't really lucky but more like guaranteed since these guys are incompetent.

Goalus

I'd rather have a game where the heroine has to defeat a horde of blue-haired freaks in order to save the kingdom.

Top Bottom