• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom plans to sell 10.3 million copies of games released this f year (MvC + MHW +?)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's what we know so far:

1.) They intend to ship 2 million copies of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
2.) This does not include catalog sales of games like Resident Evil 7.
3.) They intend to ship an unspecified amount of Monster Hunter World.
4.) Their other announced new titles are the Disney Afternoon collection, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, The Great Ace Attorney 2, the Monster Hunter XX Switch port, the Dragon's Dogma remaster on consoles, and Ultra Street Fighter II. None of these were listed in their list of titles expected to sell more than a million units.
5.) Given there were no other blank spaces in the million plus seller list, I'm guessing they expect Monster Hunter World to ship 5-6+ million? At least 4 million?

Feel free to guess how they intend to do this.

capcomlolololc7s2q.png

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2017/1st/explanation_2017_1st_01.pdf

Riiiiiiiiight...

Even if they sell an unfinished game at full price and then charge customers again to finish it they won't make that kind of money.

f this company

J/k, I just wanted to make the joke.

I know they said they weren't going to, but if they bring XX to the west, I'll help them with their goal.

*Switch XX, just to clarify

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
They are expecting multiple millions for MHW definitely. Question is if it's some insanely unrealistic amount like 5 million.

Capcom management never fails to screw itself

Seems kinda doable? With Disney Aftertoon, Megaman Legacy, Revelations 1 remaster, USF2 on switch, and 4-5 million for monster hunter world alone. If they have one other big title(resident evil revelations 3, maybe? DMC5?) then they could do it.

Platy

Smash Bros style game with low poly models and cell shading focusing on casuals but with lots of stuff to draw the pro players in ?
For Switch, PS4 and non external DRM Steam

In other words, the basic opposite of SF5

Anth0ny

adorable

marvel is going to fucking bomb and it's all their fault. shout out to marvel as well for being assholes re: x-men and fastastic 4

mrmickfran

Monster Hunter will be big, but not that big.

Marvel vs Capcom... lol

Maybe they have something big to announce at TGS or PSX? Nah, they probably would have announced it at E3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DMC 5 alone would not pull 5 million copies.

So it has to be two titles.

Given their financial release, I believe there are no other unannounced 1+ million sellers expected for this fiscal year, suggesting they expect Monster Hunter World to be like a 5-6+ million seller.

DMC 5 alone would not pull 5 million copies.
(Since MHW and MVCI would be the first 5

So it has to be two titles.

They're counting all the small releases, too, right? I don't think 2-3 million combined for MM legacy, Rev 1 remaster, USF2, Dragons dogma remaster etc is unreasonable. We know they expect 2 mil for MVCI.

Sesha

Before there's many more posts about how delusional Capcom is, keep in mind they managed to sell 10.6m copies this year.

Jawmuncher

Given their financial release, I believe there are no other unannounced 1+ million sellers expected for this fiscal year, suggesting they expect Monster Hunter World to be like a 5-6+ million seller.

Good luck. I can't see how'd they'd think they'd pull it off with the current PS4 user base in Japan. They'd want practically everyone to buy a copy that owns a PS4

Dino Crisis 4

Dino Crisis 4 confirmed

Believe

Guymelef

Monster Hunter will be big, but not that big.

Marvel vs Capcom... lol

Maybe they have something big to announce at TGS or PSX? Nah, they probably would have announced it at E3.

SFV and MvsC were announced at PSX, not E3, you can bet this PSX will have another Capcom title.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does the Western market even care about Monster Hunter? I dont see that game doing over 2 million.

LordRaptor

They are expecting multiple millions for MHW definitely. Question is if it's some insanely unrealistic amount like 5 million.

I would speculate their thinking is something like 4 million, of which 1 million PS4 JP, 1 million apiece for NA / EU PS4, X1, PC which on the face of it doesn't sound ludicrous.

Which would leave 4 million as a remaining target which could be a single title they have huge faith in (although I have no idea what that might be) or (more likely) a couple of unannounced titles they expect to do MvC:I numbers - maybe a Lost Planet reboot, maybe another Dead Rising, maybe a new Disney franchised game now they've tested the waters with the collection, maybe something people would want to see return like a MegaMan, DarkStalkers or Dino Crisis

Toxi

Banned
Does the Western market even care about Monster Hunter? I dont see that game doing over 2 million.
The whole point of this game is to bring Monster Hunter to the western market.

It will almost certainly do over 2 million (Tri did almost 2 million), but there's no way it's clearing Portable 3rd numbers.

Jawmuncher

Maybe Revelations HD can do a million like RE6? I highly doubt that though considering even RE4 and RE5 haven't pulled that off yet.

Guymelef

It can underperform if you compare to previous titles because Japan. But at the same time I can see it selling a lot more than portable versions on westerns markets.

Sesha

For reference. Capcom's confimed titles this year:

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo
Disney Afternoon Collection
Dragon's Dogma (PS4/X1)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter XX Switch Version
Resident Evil Revelations (PS4/X1)
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers

Top Bottom