• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Telltale Series listed for Switch by two retailers

LordKano

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...isted_for_nintendo_switch_by_spanish_retailer
Nintendo gamers continually missed out on the best of what Telltale Games has been offering over the past few years, with very limited and late support for the Wii U. The studio seems to like the Switch platform, however, and has been tentatively stepping in with support - Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure is due on 22nd August (NA) / 25th August (EU), for example.

With the company evidently keen to hit a new audience with its broadening range of story / adventure games one rumour has resurfaced. A while ago a Russian retailer listed Batman: The Telltale Series for the Switch, and now Spanish retailer FNAC has gotten in on the act; its listing is somewhat more precise, giving a release date of 6th October. If true Nintendo's system would be playing catch-up - with a second 'season' already on the way - but it'd certainly be a welcome addition.

https://www.gamebuy.ru/switch/game/batman-telltale-series-nswitch
http://www.fnac.es/Batman-A-Telltale-Series-Nintendo-Switch-Juego-Nintendo-Switch/a1389538#

batman-telltale-series-nswitch_nintendo-switch_cover.jpg

If true, I'm really interested at how well it will run, since the game is known for being broken on PS4/One.

This game has been listed at european retailers for a long time.

Not sure if it means anything this time around.. but sure why not.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It sucks cause I already watched two best friends play it, but if I get it for myself I can get season 2 when it comes out

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
While it was listed elsewhere before, this time around it's real. Also has the 10 EUR Switch tax :)

I assume there's a product code linked to this listings this time :p So, we expect an announcement in the next few weeks. I wonder when, then.

watershed

Banned
This game looks and runs like trash. I hope the Switch gets higher quality 3rd party support than this. Telltale in general are in an awful rut.

BiggNife

Looking forward to more free passes on their abysmal...everything

I've seen nonstop complaints about their bugs and engine performance, both on this forum and on sites like Kotaku and Waypoint. The problem is that TT just does not give a shit and has continued their company philosophy of continuing to work on ports and new projects instead of fixing/patching games even with Bruner's departure.

No one is giving them a free pass. They just don't care.

jacobeid

Banned
I've seen nonstop complaints about their bugs and engine performance, both on this forum and on sites like Kotaku and Waypoint. The problem is that TT just does not give a shit and has continued their company philosophy of continuing to work on ports and new projects instead of fixing/patching games even with Bruner's departure.

No one is giving them a free pass. They just don't care.

Everyone who gives Telltale money for their games is giving them a free pass. Until people stop buying their products, Telltale will continue to release broken games.

jacobeid

Banned
Damn.

I'd normally think the more third party games the better. but after reading the responses I'm not sure this will be a decent port.

They can't even get the game to perform well on high-end PCs (see the post above about a 1070 not being able to hit 60fps). The odds of this being a decent port are as close to 0% as possible.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Looking forward to more free passes on their abysmal...everything

Free passes? Seems pretty common for everyone to dogpile on them for their engine.

Finished this season last week myself on PS4, and I was lucky not to have issues outside of the start of episode 2(crazy visual glitches and a hard crash), but the season was pretty good. Really disliked the reveal and the back episodes suffered from it somewhat, but still entertaining and some hard decisions.

Anung

Un Rama
Telltale plus that Nintendo cart tax makes this a huge fuck off even if I do find he idea of a telltale game on the go pretty cool.

On the one hand, I think adventure games are a perfect fit for a hybrid console like the Switch, particularly with its sleep mode functionality.

On the other hand, unless Telltale actually decide to put some effort in, I cannot see this being an especially good port. It won't even have Snake Pass' excuse of being CPU intensive.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If true, I'm really interested at how well it will run, since the game is known for being broken on PS4/One.

fwiw, Telltale games have NEVER run well.. on any system. even PC. Hardware is NOT the limiting factor when it comes to Telltale games.

Top Bottom