• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Magazine News (ODIN SPHERE)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
It's not R&D1, it's Vanillaware. :p

http://www.uploda.net/cgi/uploader1/index.php?dlpas_id=0000189951.zip

The password is "pri". I think this is from the PSP Princess Crown port, some bonus movie showcasing Odin Sphere. Yes, it's been in development for over a year and no one noticed this video!? It's definitely Odin Sphere because all the names are the same characters as the Famitsu preview. Graphics look great. :D
HOLY SHIT that looks amazing, most beautiful PS2 game? seems so.

Error

Red Blaster said:
Could someone rehost the Odin Sphere images somewhere? Can't for the life of me navigate that website.
Im going to upload the vid...

Mar

GAF needs some form of Famitsu review debunking / mocking animated gif of some sort. Where's Jarosh when you need him.

Kiriku said:
Nice score for Layton, looking forward to that game. :)

HOLY SHIT, that's a HORRIBLE score!!
Dreamfactory just keeps falling deeper and deeper into a seemingly bottomless pit of eternal crappiness. Man, I miss the Tobal 2 days. What the hell happened to them? :(

Maybe this will result in horrible sales and a quick price drop at Play Asia.

Troidal

Hey Tobal 2 was a long time ago...you can't expect the same people to be working on the recent DreamFactory titles.

TreIII

Error2k4 said:
HOLY SHIT that looks amazing, most beautiful PS2 game? seems so.

Definitely is in the running at least...

Looks like the PS2 is definitely going to live out its "golden years" in style. Can't wait for this!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
odin sphere lives! i remember when duckroll was like "odin sphere turned into grim grimoire which isn't anything like princess crown" but NO WE'RE GETTING A NEW PRINCESS CROWN AND IT LOOKS SO GREAT THAT I'LL OVERLOOK ALL THE FURRY PEDO GARBAGE

Avalon

drohne said:
odin sphere lives! i remember when duckroll was like "odin sphere turned into grim grimoire which isn't anything like princess crown" but NO WE'RE GETTING A NEW PRINCESS CROWN AND IT LOOKS SO GREAT THAT I'LL OVERLOOK ALL THE FURRY PEDO GARBAGE

The style and graphics looks beautiful... but yeah, the character designs bug me quiet a bit. Hopefully it turns out good.

Link316

Banned
klee123 said:
That's if they ever. Atlus didn't translate the PSP version of Princess Crown, which is why I'm having doubts.

they wouldn't have shown it at E3 if they weren't planning to release it here

Avalon

klee123 said:
That's if they ever. Atlus didn't translate the PSP version of Princess Crown, which is why I'm having doubts.

There is a lot that suggest that even if they were interested in translating it, SCEA would have denied it (Port, no additional content, 4:3, etc).

duckroll

Dengeki review scores:

VF5: 90/90/85/85
Armodyne: 80/85/75/65
Lumines 2: 80/90/95/90
Neo Sphere: 90/90/75/80
Sourukureidoru: 80/85/80/75

icecream

Public Health Threat
Decent scores for Soul Cradle, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Odin Sphere :D

duckroll said:
Zero no Tsukai - 6/7/6/5
b000gwnb5s09ss500sclzzzak1.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
klee123 said:
why couldn't they translate it?
It was already said, SCEA doesn't allow direct ports to PSP come here, there has to be enough new content before they approve the game.

klee123

jj984jj said:
It was already said, SCEA doesn't allow direct ports to PSP come here, there has to be enough new content before they approve the game.

Fair enough, but still I find it a bit unusual considering the game never even had an English saturn release.

Oh well *sticks to his Japanese Saturn version*

Jonnyram

jj984jj said:
Huh? They don't allow direct ports of already existing English PS1/2 games, but this is a) Japanese and b) Saturn.

TreIII

klee123 said:
Fair enough, but still I find it a bit unusual considering the game never even had an English saturn release.

It really doesn't make that much sense, does it? But ah well, that's SCEA for ya. Good thing I have a means to import. No way am I going to miss out on Odin Sphere, and not all that sprung on the idea of possibly having to wait until Christmas or into 2008 for the game to get localized either! :D

Oh well *sticks to his Japanese Saturn version*

*Sigh*

I used to have that game, until my good for nothing, now "ex-friend" asked to borrow it for a while, and then some how got the disk all scratched up beyond the point of salvaging it. And then, since then, my Saturn died, effectively killing my hopes of playing the game any time soon.

But ah well...took a decade but finally a sequel is on the way. I hope in all the years that "Tales of..." practically went unopposed in this light, as well as fighting games themselves advancing a lot since 1997, that Vanillaware took some notes, and will make the game engine even better in this title. I demand aerial raves and cancels this time around! :lol

Avalon

Jonnyram said:
Huh? They don't allow direct ports of already existing English PS1/2 games, but this is a) Japanese and b) Saturn.

What's the official word on their policy? It doesn't seem to matter to them if the game never saw an English release or not or if it was a Saturn title (see. Devil Summoner).

Man, I hope that Furu Furu Baaku game heads stateside. Looks like a blast.

Oh, and can someone tell my what Layton is and why people so excited about?

Thanks in advance :)

Error

Mr_Furious said:
Man, I hope that Furu Furu Baaku game heads stateside. Looks like a blast.

Oh, and can someone tell my what Layton is and why people so excited about?

Thanks in advance :)
Layton is a Level 5 game for the DS also their first self published game.

Top Bottom