• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Magazine News (ODIN SPHERE)

duckroll

IT IS REAL!

Reviews:

Bleach 2 (DS) - 8/7/8/7
Layton (DS) - 8/8/8/9
Tiger Woods 07 - 7/7/7/8
Lumines 2 (PSP) - 8/8/8/7

Soul Cradle (PS2) - 8/8/7/7
Appleseed (PS2) - 3/4/4/3 (ouch Dreamfactory)
Zero no Tsukai - 6/7/6/5

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OH SNAP! PS2 4 EVAR!

Edit: What does it say about DS in the article?

P.S. It was always real, this is what was leaked on 2ch a while back:

Jonnyram

Reviews:
DS
Bleach 2 8/7/8/7
Layton 8/8/8/9

PSP
Tiger Woods 07 7/7/7/8
Lumines 2 8/8/8/7

PS2
Soul Cradle 8/8/7/7
Appleseed Ex 3/4/4/3
Zero no Tsukaima 6/7/6/5

jj984jj

^5 Layton. More Adventure games for the DS! :D

Soul Cradle and Bleach 2nd did alright as well. :)

duckroll

jj984jj said:
OH SNAP! PS2 4 EVAR!

Edit: What does it say about DS in the article?

Staff. The character designer of Persona 3 on the PS2 and the writer of Etrian Odyssey on the DS (also the writer of Princess Crown). The game has 5 main characters and is a PS2 sidescrolling action RPG.

Doctor_No

duckroll said:
Staff. The character designer of Persona 3 on the PS2 and the writer of Etrian Odyssey on the DS (also the writer of Princess Crown). The game has 5 main characters and is a PS2 sidescrolling action RPG.

So its Kamiya's new project. Is it via his Vanillaware company?

Edit: just saw jj984jj's picture, I guess it is. Between this and Grim Grimoire he must be pretty busy.

Kittonwy

Banned
Go go Odin Sphere!!!
Indifferent2.gif

duckroll

Doctor_No said:
So its Kamiya's new project. Is it via his Vanillaware company?

Erm, it's always been Vanillaware. In fact, they already completed it. On their recruitment page they said the unannounced PS2 action RPG they were recruiting for is complete and now they're just working on Grim Grimoire.

Jonnyram

New Zealand Story DS is in the release list too.
Here's hoping it's not an abomination like recent Taito revivals :(

Doctor_No

duckroll said:
Erm, it's always been Vanillaware. In fact, they already completed it. On their recruitment page they said the unannounced PS2 action RPG they were recruiting for is complete and now they're just working on Grim Grimoire.

Yeah just saw that, I was under the assumption that Grim Grimoire was going to be released relatively soon. The picture is too blurry for me to read, any word of the release date of either of the games.

duckroll

Doctor_No said:
Yeah just saw that, I was under the assumption that Grim Grimoire was going to be released relatively soon. The picture is too blurry for me to read, any word of the release date of either of the games.

I can't read the details either. We need to buy Japanese fans scanners. :(

FINALLY!

Dante said:
Can someone give me some backstory on "Odin Sphere"?

It was a game clandestinely announced by Atlus at E3 '06; a bunch of sites reported it as part of Atlus's release list, and then pulled from the Web shortly thereafter, apparently when Atlus decided they didn't mean to announce it or something. We haven't seen the game since, or even really heard anything about it (save continual reassurances that it exists).

Doctor_No

Glad Level 5's new game got a good score, looked interesting but wasn't that excited about it. Might pick it up since its coming out in like a week.

Avalon

Never heard of the game, but side-scrolling RPG's like the old Ys games were really fun. Atlus R&D1 is sure to do something fun with it. :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Nice score for Layton, looking forward to that game. :)

duckroll said:
Appleseed (PS2) - 3/4/4/3 (ouch Dreamfactory)

HOLY SHIT, that's a HORRIBLE score!!
Dreamfactory just keeps falling deeper and deeper into a seemingly bottomless pit of eternal crappiness. Man, I miss the Tobal 2 days. What the hell happened to them? :(

klee123

Odin sphere looks awesome. Princess crown was great on Saturn, so I'm definitely gonna get preorder that asap.

I might try to get the PSP version of princess crown well.

Wow @ the Bleach DS2 score. How did the first game score in comparison?

Ouch @ Appleseed. DF has been making nothing but duds ever since they finished Ehrgeiz.

jj984jj

ブリーチDS2
・操作性とシステムは前作を踏襲
・キャラクター数から用語辞典までファン向けサービスも充実
・お遊び的なルールもあってバトルが楽しい
・4キャラ対戦は、やや雑然とした印象
・ストーリーモードが遊びやすくなっており、2周目以降にもフォローあり
・単調なゲームモードが多い

オーディンスフィアの画像左下にあるキャラの説明
一番左、グウェンドリン(声、川澄綾子)
左から二番目、コルネリウス(声、浪川大輔)
真ん中、メルセデス(声、能登麻美子)
右から二番目、オズワルド(声、千葉進歩)
一番右、ベルベット(声、沢城みゆき)

I believe this is what Famitsu said about Bleach 2nd.

Top Bottom