• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow (First Person Sci-Fi Horror) coming to Switch

Hollow popped up in the coming soon portion of the eShop yesterday though it seems to have vanished, possibly knocked out by the plethora of other games that showed up. That being said we do have a Switch branded trailer and some info on the game. It's releasing on Steam and Switch later this year, there's even a demo currently on Steam that gave me some Bioshock vibes.

Switch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAC-e6dglGI
Steam demo gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_i1iUsQFQ

Due out Q4 2017

163593.jpg

Hollow_shot_06.jpg

163596.jpg
(Screenshots are not Switch specific)

tkscz

I feel it. That Dead Space itch, I feel it getting scratched.

Seriously, looks good, hope they do add HD rumble.

Oh nice. I loved the first two Dead Space games. If it's like that and good I'll get it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lAC-e6dglGI

Lol oh wow I just realized this reminded me of the original Gears of Wars commercial. They played it all the time on tv and the song that played in the commercial for it was Mad World by Gary Jules.

I fear that it won't run and look well, but we'll see. Would be cool, hopefully it turns out to be decent. I also wonder if this update can get the reviews to positive.

Boy, do I hate trailers that have no gameplay whatsoever.

Gameplay video seems alright though. Protag is annoying constantly talking to himself though.

Here's the eShop listing. I don't think you'll be able to see it again until a few games clear off the "coming soon" section. They flooded it with new announcements yesterday.

DG3tPY1UwAEDXMp.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
Looks interesting, I will be sure to keep an eye out for it.

Exposed boobies on a Nintendo platform?

My, look how far we have come!

bmx-xxx.jpg

This game was uncensored on the GameCube but censored in the PS2 version. Plus Nintendo has allowed mature content games onto their system.

Honestly it's like people still seem to believe that Nintendo still has their censorship policy which hasn't been a thing since well the SNES days.

psychotron

Just watched both videos. Atmosphere seems nice, but the voice acting was somewhat annoying. The combat in the gameplay video seems really bad, and the weapon sounds were terrible. Hopefully they work on this more, because I love sci-fi horror.

ozfunghi

I fear that it won't run and look well, but we'll see. Would be cool, hopefully it turns out to be decent. I also wonder if this update can get the reviews to positive.
Why? The switch is more powerful than a PS3, 360 or WiiU in the graphics departement. Didn't those platforms get games like Dead Space, Bioshock...

faridmon

I've yet to see HD Rumble be used as well or as effectively as 1-2-Switch, I don't see it happening here but it'd be nice to be surprised

Splatoon uses it greatly.

You can tell who and where someone got splatted based on the feedback. Its subtle but effective

Why? The switch is more powerful than a PS3, 360 or WiiU in the graphics departement. Didn't those platforms get games like Dead Space, Bioshock...

I mean people keep thinking anything with realistic graphics can't run on the Switch even if it's from gen 7.

I like the atmosphere and it definitely looks compelling but the actual shooting mechanics look really wonky. I can't describe it but it looks very off.

Definitely putting this on my radar though.

ozfunghi

I was surprised i didn't see a thread on this yesterday.

I might download the PC demo and give it a try. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Slime-san, Phantom Trigger, now possibly this.

Dadasch

Atmosphere reminds me a bit of Soma which is a good thing. Loved that game.

They have at least one thing in common: Absurdly high use of chromatic aberration. :D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Atmosphere reminds me a bit of Soma which is a good thing. Loved that game.

They have at least one thing in common: Absurdly high use of chromatic aberration. :D
That's part of the horror.

Top Bottom