• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston Holocaust Memorial smashed, Second time this this summer.

TyrantII

wayFgtG.jpg

https://twitter.com/DoughertyJC/status/897231343414898689

http://www.universalhub.com/2017/somebody-smashes-another-pane-holocaust-memorial?nocache=1

Fucking Nazis.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This is basically a civil war in the making. Get a fucking grip, humanity. Nazis barely even exist in Germany, but they're the hot trend over here. Just co-exist with your fellow man. You'll be dead soon enough.

This is basically a civil war in the making. Get a fucking grip, humanity. Nazis barely even exist in Germany, but they're the hot trend over here. Just co-exist with your fellow man. You'll be dead soon enough.

Well, they are doing a great job winning the hearts and minds of regular people.

Steejee

It's okay, they've got replacement panels in storage, unlike big dumb statues.

I was kinda shocked how fast they replaced the panel the first time.

For anyone not familiar with Boston, the Holocaust Memorial is in a *very* busy area, between a lot of bars (including two that compete for oldest in the US based on different reasoning), city hall, a major tourist spot, and a pair of public markets (one indoor/one outdoor on weekends). You might as well just turn yourself in to police if you vandalize it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Stupid. National Destroy Monument Day.

edit for mandatory quantification - no I don't think this is equal to the stupid confederate monument thing.

It's okay, they've got replacement panels in storage, unlike big dumb statues.

Unfortunate they even have to, but it's a good idea. "K fuck you too" *puts up new panel in 2 hours*

bluethree

For anyone not familiar with Boston, the Holocaust Memorial is in a *very* busy area, between a lot of bars (including two that compete for oldest in the US based on different reasoning), city hall, a major tourist spot, and a pair of public markets (one indoor/one outdoor on weekends). You might as well just turn yourself in to police if you vandalize it.

yeah i'm from a suburb of boston and when i took the bus in to the city the memorial is *right there* practically. it's in a very central area and you'd have to be a fucking moron to think you can get away with doing something like that

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh didn't even notice the OP tweet was about him getting caught, thought it was just about the news of someone breaking it. And

J5JDRgp.png

g11

Not to mention the irony that "actual" Nazis would look down on these white-trash Neo-Nazis the exact same way they looked down on Jewish people, gypsies, the physically and mentally impaired, etc. As less than human.

Guys guys

We just need to debate and show a little love to our vandals. Maybe they'll see the error of their thought process

Vandalizing is just free speech. ACLU backed them...

Kin5290

When police arrived, they found [a] teen being detained by two bystanders. Witnesses told police they saw him throwing "what appeared to be a rock at the Memorial which shattered a glass panel," a police press release said.
Looks like two bystanders saw a teen do it and tackled him to the ground for cops to pick him up. CNN.

Jag

The teen hurled a rock through a glass panel etched with numbers, representing those tattooed on the arms of the Jews and others in the concentration camps operated by Nazi Germany, police said. The panels are affixed to six glass towers, each 54 feet high.

AP_17159115231457-1024x673.jpg

Top Bottom