• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat In Time releases October 7 on PC, Xbone, and PS4

e_i

Just got the email update:

A HAT IN TIME RELEASES OCTOBER 5TH

Hello backers and slacker-backers, and all the fans who have met us at Gamescom so far!
We're happy to announce that A Hat in Time is releasing October 5th for PC (Steam, Humble, GoG), Xbox One and PS4! The wait is finally over, the cute-as-heck 3D platformer will be in your hands soon!!

Also, mods!

It is no secret that us at Gears for Breakfast all come from a modding background! It's really close to our heart, and for that reason we've always wanted to return the favor, by allowing our community to mod our game as well!
A Hat in Time will release with the following modding support:
✅ Full level editor
✅ Full script access
✅ Full Steam Workshop support
✅ Add a hat
✅ Add two hats
✅ Add a lot of hats
✅ Add new chapters
✅ Add new enemies
✅ Make a game inside a game
✅ Make a game inside a game, that is inside a game
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ EVERYTHING
Seriously, just go nuts! We love seeing fan creations!!
To kick off our modding support, we'll be releasing OFFICIAL MODS. We've gotten in touch with some VERY COOL people at various studios, and we're happy to announce the following mods will be available for A Hat in Time on PC at launch:

VanWinkle

Nice. Is there any recent gameplay to show how the game is looking these days? I haven't seen gameplay in probably a couple of years.

Am I doing something wrong or do you have to pay $20 for an upgrade to PS4 on Kickstarter? Has this been done before?

Regardless, happy this is coming to consoles! I was fine playing it on PC but would much prefer it on my PS4!

tkscz

Don't think they ever had a Wii U stretch goal. They said they'd like to bring it to Wii U if possible, but that they can't promise anything.

This, the license for UE3 would've been more had they did a Wii U port, so they never promised it.

The M.O.B

Nothing quite like forgetting you backed a game right before it comes out.

Looking forward to hopefully a decent platformer. Yes, my expectations are set at decent to avoid disappointment.

MKIL65

✅ Add a hat
✅ Add two hats
✅ Add a lot of hats

541px-ToweringSoldier.png

Instro

Wasn't this another KS game that took Wii U money and then went "what's a Wii U?" later?

Nope.

So does this game still have 5 chapters or whatever? It went kind of dark for a while and I haven't followed any updates in the last year or so.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Did they remove Jontron voice from the game?

Wasn't this another KS game that took Wii U money and then went "what's a Wii U?" later?

Nope, they stated that they would look into bringing it to the Wii U but naturally that never happened, plus with the Switch out there's no reason why they won't port it onto that later down the line.

Steiner

Banned
Did they remove Jontron voice from the game?

Nope, they stated that they would look into bringing it to the Wii U but naturally that never happened, plus with the Switch out there's no reason why they won't port it onto that later down the line.

I asked them this recently in an interview but I don't expect to get all of my answers back until after Gamescom.

Luigi87

Hell to the yes.
This was an easy decision to back when it was in KS phase, so really glad it's finally releasing.

Timu

Wow. October is packed right now.
Forza Motorsport 7
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
The Evil Within 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Gran Turismo Sport
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Yep.

Despera

Banned
Forza Motorsport 7
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
The Evil Within 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Gran Turismo Sport
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Yep.
It's coming out the same month as Mario Odyssey? I mean all those other games are pretty intimidating for a small release like this one, but putting a platformer out the same month as a mainline Mario game is a bit much.

Let's see what happens.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice. Is there any recent gameplay to show how the game is looking these days? I haven't seen gameplay in probably a couple of years.

The beta build is well over two years old now, however a gameplay trailer was created for E3.

I have this preordered at Humble. Still, I hope for...

Is Johntron still in this?

I don't think Gears has touched the question since people began asking it, so probably.

Not quite:

Kickstarter pitch said:

Mods for every platforms ?

Doubt it. Neither XBL nor PSN offer developers the appropriate tools to host mods.

Have they announced plans to let people select:change platforms? Backed for PC ages ago and would like to change to console

Yeah. From the latest Kickstarter update:

This section is for Kickstarter backers only!
We're set up a way for you to upgrade your Kickstarter tier to include either PS4 or Xbox One! Unfortunately there is a [$20] fee involved, as consoles do not allow us to generate codes for free. Please only use these if you're a Kickstarter backer, at $15 tier or higher!

Upgrade tier to include Xbox One (click here)
Upgrade tier to include Playstation 4 (click here)

The upgrade will be in addition to your Steam key!

Interesting that MS and Sony charge developers for keys. The game costs $30, so you shouldn't have much trouble selling your unwanted Steam key for $20.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

MrKeinov

I was a senior high school student back when this was first revealed. Now, its my second year in graduate study. 5.5 years wait is such a long time for a game like this. Hopefully it is polished to a mirror. Gonna hope for a switch release since October is already too packed for me.

Top Bottom